Any built head/cam package for sale?

0209 CLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heads are apart and i'm looking to upgrade without waiting months to get the heads ported, if anyone is selling a complete package (head,cam,rockers,push rods, etc etc) could be for N/A or F/I either way I'll still continue to modify down the road I would just like to get my car back together asap as it's been sitting for way too long. Let me know or point me in the right direction please..this is for a 94 Gen 1 btw, thanks!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TexasTonka may still have a new set of Strikers for sale. If I remember right, these may be the very last set Jeff made.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like just about everyone else here, I think highly of Greg's work....check with him to see what the wait is, it may be worthwhile for you to go that direction.

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
TexasTonka may still have a new set of Strikers for sale. If I remember right, these may be the very last set Jeff made.

yeah i talked to him a couple months ago when he listed them. i sent him a message today. he still has them and if everything works out they will be mine. working on the specs now then off to greg good they go for further porting :)

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder how much it would be for package to 600rwhp or between 550~600rwhp. Would fuel system need upgrade also?

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah i talked to him a couple months ago when he listed them. i sent him a message today. he still has them and if everything works out they will be mine. working on the specs now then off to greg good they go for further porting :)

Congrats! I was thinnin about 'em but with the rebuild of the GTSR engine ($$$$) I couldn't pull the trigger. Good luck with the build and thanks for the info earlier ;-)

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder how much it would be for package to 600rwhp or between 550~600rwhp. Would fuel system need upgrade also?

I believe a good heads/cam set up (with TBs and headers etc) will make 550-600 on a stock fuel system.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've 65mm TB's that I didn't use. PM me if you are interested...

OP
OP

0209 CLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk to Greg and he said his wait time is at least a month before he even gets to touch it, in the mean time I will still be searching and if I don't come up with anything then off goes my heads to Greg...btw he was very helpful, thanks!

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I searched and found a place called Rollingthunderz and they had packages for vipers. I don't know who they are but that @#%#@$ looked expensive haha.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I searched and found a place called Rollingthunderz and they had packages for vipers. I don't know who they are but that @#%#@$ looked expensive haha.

I'm pretty sure I've seen that site before. They could be fine to deal with, but I'm only sticking with vendors through the VCA. It's definitely a way better piece of mind when it comes to buying anything since everyone seems really helpful on here and you normally get better deals anyway. ;)

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I've seen that site before. They could be fine to deal with, but I'm only sticking with vendors through the VCA. It's definitely a way better piece of mind when it comes to buying anything since everyone seems really helpful on here and you normally get better deals anyway. ;)

True that! Stick with VCA vendors! :D

banton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe a good heads/cam set up (with TBs and headers etc) will make 550-600 on a stock fuel system.

That is correct, multiple GG head/cam set-ups running 550-600rwhp on the stock fuel system. Mine is in that range on stock fuel, stock throttle bodies and haven't even ported my intake manifold :)

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had checked on them when I was looking ..... heads are being worked on by GG, wait is long and unpredictable. Word on the street was to stay away from RollingThunderz, run ... don't walk away

OP
OP

0209 CLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg Good FTW! I'm just impatient but it's my fault I should of got this done when my gasket went out a long time ago, lazy lazy lazy lol..LS6 Molester, let me know if you decide to part with your heads.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to know this as well...

I assume that the manufacturer (a privateer) decided there're better uses of his time, but I have no idea what the story is. If its a casting (which I think it is) then the molds would still exist. I bet someone'd buy 'em and have the castings made to keep the legend going!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow I didn't realize Jeff was no longer in business, he is a very straight up great guy who is much more than just an outside manufacturer. I'll have too give him a call and see what's up.