Received my quarterly magazine today....

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My magazine came today in a big white envelope and it wasn't secured at all, meaning the glue on the flap wasn't even moistened at some time to make the flap secure to the envelope....FYI....I guess this helps so the postmen have something to read when they use the "can" at the post office... ???

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should move to Canada. Mine comes in a manilla bubble wrap envelope! Unless our postmen rewrap it when they are done :crazy2:

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got mine today too, all sealed up mailman must of sealed mine when he was done :rolaugh: by the way great magazine!

bbirch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine came today, not sealed, can't believe the magazine was inside! Roughed up a little on the edges, glad to have received it.:drive:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got ours today and sealed tight, but folded in half despite the "DO NOT BEND" in giant letters across the front. We will chat with our postman tomorrow...

OP
OP
P

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you put commands on a piece of mail, like do not bend, mutilate, do not drop, this just makes the post office people even more insistent to do the opposite...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got mine, it had a little packaging left on it..

You must be registered for see images attach

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you put commands on a piece of mail, like do not bend, mutilate, do not drop, this just makes the post office people even more insistent to do the opposite...

I have a small business & I can tell you first hand UPS is the WORST! By the way my viper mag. was folded but I guess they had to fit it in the mailbox.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine came yesterday, with the flap also open.

One more thing, I think its fine to focus on the newer Vipers, especially the Gen IV's so they can be sold, but it felt like the entire magazine was devoted to newer Vipers and no attention paid to the earlier Gen I/II's.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday, the flap was half-open and the only thing holding the rest closed were two mini glue dots on the flap. Magazine is fine.

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ditto here - the gum on the envelope wasn't activated at all. It appears that someone at the P.O. took the time to Scotch-tape mine shut with two small pieces of tape on the outside of the flap. I moistened the inner flap myself and confirmed that the gum was still there (there was none transferred to the inner part of the envelope - confirming they never activated it). Fortunately the magazine arrived in fine shape.

s55c

Enthusiast
Reaction score
got mine today,,, another un-sealed envelope,, never activated. that was the only part of the envelope that was like new,,, the rest looked like it went thru a war,,, magazine was semi mutilated but readable,,, an issue that hopefully will be handled by next issue...

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My magazine came today in a big white envelope and it wasn't secured at all, meaning the glue on the flap wasn't even moistened at some time to make the flap secure to the envelope....

Ours arrived in the same manner...not secured in the white envelope causing the envelope, as well as the magazine, to be half chewed up by the postal machine!

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I received both of mine earlier this week. Both envelopes were secured in the exact same 3-inch section of the flap. It would seem the moistening machine was having issues.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yes, Mine was ripped (envelope) as well.

Common occurence with "floating" magazine in paper envelope. Bounces around during machine sorting by the US Postal Service.... and rrrrrriipppppps.

I don't want to bore you with the details, but being in the direct mail business.... this is something you try to avoid.

I'll talk to Marv and Chris.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tyvek mailing envelopes are bulletproof. Maybe next issue.

On a more positive note, has anybody mentioned that they have stepped up to a full book binding. Much classier than the typical stapled magazine.

The photo's are of the highest quality, and the logo's, headlines, and other embleshments are pretty well done.

Each page is full glossy, not just the cover and back. The articles are well written, and run a pretty full gamut from personal experiences to factory insights.

My thanks for those who put out such a professional magazine.

Kind of humbling to realize that the club, by itself, has put out an even higher quality magazine than that previously provided by the Chrysler Corporation.

When I read Ralph's opening letter I got goose bumps realizing just how personal he has taken the rebirth of the Viper, and how proud he was that it is still being produced by Dodge, as opposed to spinning it off to a 3rd party. The notation that Dodge was able to use the Viper program to recruit the best and brightest to work for the company said a ton about Viper's value as a HALO vehicle.

Great job VCA. The pride evidenced by this magazine is just the shot in the arm the ViperNation needed as we await impatiently for the next generation of Viper to be uncoiled.

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the concern was that if the envelope had more than just the magazine in it. If all the envelopes were not sealed I wonder how many magazines slipped out and ended up on the P.O. floor and then to the unclaimed mail shelf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper