GenIV Security

70cuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, as some of you know i just finished my 2008 roadster. Still has the check engine light on and i will be scanning it tomorrow. However i have a question about how the security functions in the gen ivs. Right now if I drive the car and then shut it off and waiit several minutes when I go to restart the car it will fire but only runs for about 2 seconds the shuts off. I have to unlock the doors with the fob then it starts and runs fine. However when it does this the doors are not actually locked, ie shut car off, get out for a few minutes, get back in and door opens fine but car starts and stalls until unlocked with fob? Any ideas. This cant be right can it? Id like to avoid taking it to the dealership if i can fix it myself. Thanks, Tyler

Jsethen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup that's what mine does. Very annoying. Stop to get gas, get back in and dies as I pull away. Getting into habit of just locking and unlocking every time I get in.

4 NEIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just hit the 'unlock" button on your key fob twice with the key turned on for ignition BEFORE yoi hit the start button

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh