Home Improvement 101

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Home Improvement 101:

My wife, Susanne recently complained the house was beginning to look a bit "Drab" as of late.
So ..... I went out and acquired this to spruce up the place a bit.
What do you think?

Seriously,

I am a proud new owner of a red 2002 Dodge Viper GTS with Cognac interior. White stripes were added by prior owner. Odometer reading was 8100 when I took possession of this beauty May 26th, last week. I intend to keep it 100% factory stock, except for safety improvements where applicable.

I want to express my sincere appreciation to South Texas President Kurt Robinson and V.P. Chris Green for taking time out in their busy Viper Life schedule, and meeting with me yesterday, to check the car out and to educate me on all the nuances unique to this type of awesome car. They also were kind enough to give me a Viper "******" over to the Dodge Dealership in San Antonio where I was introduced to Service Advisor Paul Shotter, who along with his crew, which consists of a certified Viper mechanic, will be henceforth servicing my Viper.

The very first thing I will be changing out will be the tires, which are original. Need not say more. Viper is parked awaiting arrival of newly ordered tires.
Also will be changing out all fluids this coming week.

Next? Driving this awesome beast of course.

VCA is wonderful, and I highly recommend anyone that owns a Viper, to give serious consideration to becoming a member.

Thank you Chris and Kurt. Your help was very much appreciated. :beer:

Other: I'm a VCA Member, but am showing up as an enthusiast. I've gone into my profile, but can't seem to find a way to rectify this. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Residence-Zero.jpg
    Residence-Zero.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Residence-Two.jpg
    Residence-Two.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 101

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow ! That car really Pops in your landscape... Spectacular ! Certainly more fun than a Bird Bath...lol

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no better way to upgrade a home in my opinion. Good job. If your wife lets you rate this as home improvement you are blessed. Welcome!

bjammmin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Looks awesome! I just got my red '01 6 days before you, and I too am waiting to put on a new set of tires as it was still wearing the original rubber.

Enjoy it, and welcome to the VCA!

V

Venomiss

Home Improvement 101:

My wife, Susanne recently complained the house was beginning to look a bit "Drab" as of late.
So ..... I went out and acquired this to spruce up the place a bit.
What do you think?

Seriously,

I am a proud new owner of a red 2002 Dodge Viper GTS with Cognac interior. White stripes were added by prior owner. Odometer reading was 8100 when I took possession of this beauty May 26th, last week. I intend to keep it 100% factory stock, except for safety improvements where applicable.

I want to express my sincere appreciation to South Texas President Kurt Robinson and V.P. Chris Green for taking time out in their busy Viper Life schedule, and meeting with me yesterday, to check the car out and to educate me on all the nuances unique to this type of awesome car. They also were kind enough to give me a Viper "******" over to the Dodge Dealership in San Antonio where I was introduced to Service Advisor Paul Shotter, who along with his crew, which consists of a certified Viper mechanic, will be henceforth servicing my Viper.

The very first thing I will be changing out will be the tires, which are original. Need not say more. Viper is parked awaiting arrival of newly ordered tires.
Also will be changing out all fluids this coming week.

Next? Driving this awesome beast of course.

VCA is wonderful, and I highly recommend anyone that owns a Viper, to give serious consideration to becoming a member.

Thank you Chris and Kurt. Your help was very much appreciated. :beer:

Other: I'm a VCA Member, but am showing up as an enthusiast. I've gone into my profile, but can't seem to find a way to rectify this. Any thoughts?

You need to go into your VCA membership portal area here.
https://www.viperclub.org/membership/
Use the blue link to generate a password. It will be sent back to whatever email the VCA has a on file for you as a paid VCA member.

Once in the system the set up for VCA members on the forums is at the bottom of that first page.
Follow the prompts.

Welcome to the VCA and congratulations on your Viper!

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venomiss,

My sincere thanks to you for your response pursuant what I needed to do to update my membership from enthusiast to VCA Member. It worked.
Mucho Gracias.

To others that commented, thank you for your kind words and your warm welcome to the VCA. I'm glad this organization exists; excited to be a member; and am very much looking forward to attending and participating in upcoming events.

My thanks to all of you.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, you must be a professional decorator cause '02 is a wonderful vintage!!

Congrats on the car, you're gonna love it!

Regards,
Aaron

V

Venomiss

Venomiss,

My sincere thanks to you for your response pursuant what I needed to do to update my membership from enthusiast to VCA Member. It worked.
Mucho Gracias.

To others that commented, thank you for your kind words and your warm welcome to the VCA. I'm glad this organization exists; excited to be a member; and am very much looking forward to attending and participating in upcoming events.

My thanks to all of you.

If you have questions there is an upcoming Live SRT Engineering Chat on June 21 here:
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...Chat-HERE-on-June-21st!?p=2975134#post2975134

Read the first parameters and feel free to post your question in advance. The SRT Engineers are experts on anything Viper.

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip about the June 21st SRT Engineering Chat. Sounds interesting and will definitely try to make time for it.

Acr girl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats great car ! My hubby and I just got our viper in late april we loved it , 2001 acr car with 6300 miles !! I will have to agree with u everyone in VCA have been great !!! We live in Austin , need to meet up and take the girls ( cars ) for a drive!!!!!:drive::drive:

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RE: Acr girl: I noted there is a Meet and Greet every last Saturday of the month in San Antonio, and a similar "Shin-dig" every last Sunday of the month in Austin. I'm considering doing the Austin one every other month, (time and weather permitting). I actually live in Seguin, so the driving time between each city is about the same. The countryside West of Austin definitely provides opportunity for some nice scenic driving possibilities. I've just contacted my Insurance Company and increased the allotted annual mileage from 2500 to 5000. Cost increase was only 20%. That should insure me ample time in the driver's seat of my Viper. This thing is an absolute "Blast" to drive. We took it last Friday out to Concan, TX (between Uvalde and Leakey, Tx) and back (4 hours total) and my wife had a really great time. The car however is now making some strange creaking noises in the suspension that I'm going to have to go have checked out. Hopefully, it will prove to be nothing more than a lubrication issue, from having been parked since 2007.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good job , Mike, I am sure Home and Garden Television will be calling soon, as you really spruced up your house, the neighborhood, your life, and so tastefully done ,too!!!

Congrats you show a real knack for adding real curb appeal to a home!!!