New Viper Owner

P1st0n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi. I am the new owner of a 2006 Blue/Silver Striped SRT-10.

I grew up driving boosted mustangs of various power levels until I was sick of them being in the shop more often than they were on the street. I bought a 2005 C6 but it proved pretty boring. It was quite reliable except the epoxy on the t-top failed at highway speeds and almost decapitated a girl riding a motorcycle. I was two hours from home and got stuck in New York traffic and being of Irish decent I was thoroughly cooked by the time I arrived at my destination. It's ok though, the dealership gave me an Aveo as a loaner vehicle and a free oil change.

I missed the raw, rugged power of my Mustangs, but didn't miss a chassis developed in 1979. So after saving for eternity I think I found the perfect vehicle.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
P

P1st0n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are you from?
Connecticut, I fixed my profile. I had the car for about a month but I didn't really get to drive it yet. There was some discrepancy between what parts came on the car and what was advertised, but the issue worked itself out and Chuck Tator is putting it all back together. Hopefully, I will get to enjoy it pretty soon.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You wont miss the 2005 vette, or the blown Mustang.

WELCOME. Good Luck, Be Safe

Just be sure your tires are NOT original..... even if they have a lot of tread, OE 2006 Tires, probably made in 04-05, are hardened beyond the traction requirements of your car.

PS: There is a big Viper party and Viper races this weekend Fri-Sat-Sun in NJ at or near Millville......."Zone Rondy"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave