"CNN Money" mention of Gen V Viper

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Dodge says the new Viper will have a shorter hood, be accessible to more people, and be more forgiving on the road. Call it Viper Lite."

Will it have a wheel chair lift and rack? Shorter hood for less cylinders? smaller engine? less room for aftermarket turbos? A Viper that FORGIVES!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont believe it!! Just another journalist talking out his ****:nono:

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to go back to being wrong about money, and leave it to autoweek to be wrong about cars. :omg::rolleyes::rolleyes:

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy has an agenda and pulled that crap out of... well, you know. Zero chance he knows anything we don't.

"the climate is getting scarily warm"

I defy him or anyone else, to map a series of temperature readings to any year on record. It can't be done. May was +.13 C, Same UAH global average as Feb 1983. Oooooh scary!

I do agree that the .gov and current clowns could issuing enough rules to effectively ban future snakes as we have known them. But nothing has as of yet.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latest info is directly from Ralph in the latest VCA magazine.

He explains where the car is in development, what they are working on, and how the car is progressing.

For as long as I can remember, most of the most timely and accurate info, pictures, and details have been provided to the membership by the VCA. Most of the other speculation has been way off the mark. Dodge has chosen to release the most facts about their Viper development to the VCA first.

Only the VCA membership got the chance to spend time up close and personal with the full sized styling buck at the Utah VOI. No press was invited, only the Viper faithful. Ralph stated in the Magazine that the car is currently under development for safety, performance, production, quality, aero, ride and all the other requirements of a vehicle produced by a major automotive manufacturer.

Each of us on the forum has our own personal hot points. These are things we desire in the next vehicle. Dodge, on the other hand needs to make a business case that each model will find enough of a market to make the cars profitable and produceable and be compliant with the increasingly complicated federal government guidelines.

I know we will drive ourselves crazy, posting every snippet of information anyone can find on the internet about possible Gen V details, but most of these will be opinions, not facts.

If the past repeats itself, Dodge will release most of its details, as it is able, to the VCA who, by agreement will keep some details that Dodge wishes to be kept secret, secret, and those that the club can release, will be released to its membership.

This is a unique bond between the club, and the manufacturer that must be closely tended to.

For those who wish to get the facts, instead of the opinions, please stay tuned to VCA news.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great write up Paul. Now just tell us everything you know about the new GEN V. :) :) :) (kidding)

My money is on the fact we will not see it (a magazine and show car mule) until "maybe" Detroit Autoshow 2012, which is basically the 20th anniversary, right? 1992 to 2012! Then we will see the first production GEN V unveiled at VOI12 of which D'Ann will probably buy it. Ha! Ha! Great stuff. I am just happy they are making a new one. I would love to see pictures of it to fuel my dreams and ambitions again, but since I can't afford the new one off the show room floor just yet, I can patiently wait. I have a feeling VOI12 is going to be a "don't miss" event again.

Rick

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing that may be true in that statement is the wanting to "make it accessible to more people" statement as I believe that's a quote from Ralph but that could mean anything. The fact that it will have traction control is what he could have been talking about.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper started out as a very basic "take it or leave it" car.

No windows, hardtop, airconditioning. Any color you wanted...as long as it was RED!

Latest editions have provided a tremendous level of factory customization. Lots of colors, many stripes, different interiors, engine options, street legal, or track only..or the fantastic ACR in between.

Different years had different HP, Torque, gear ratios, limited slips, wheel options, even special stitching and interior packages.

Maybe what they were talking about is offering an even greater variation in options. Special track editions, verts, coupes, drag packs, autos, power tops, or even trailer hitches to haul your tires and tools to the track, anything that makes sense and stays within the Viper DNA.

Some scoff at a automatic option, but tell that to the guy in Viper magazine missing a leg, or someone who has had the opportunity to drive a Ferrari equipped with the fantastic 7 speed, electronically operated dual clutch. Only race cars driven today with manual transmissions are those that are required to by the rules.
(flame suit on)

I believe that the next generation Viper will evolve to be a more contemporary vehicle. Better performance, YES, but better fuel economy, lower emissions, easier to drive, and better sounding will all go a ways to enhance the total Viper Ownership Experience.

While many will continue to embrace the original Vipers, and expecially the viper they currently own with passion and pride, the next generation must be more than just a fresh color choice, it will be the springboard for many generations of Viper to come.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh C'mon how bad could it be ? Put me on the list for a Ghia Edition...:lmao::rolleyes:

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave