P0300 Code

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are times when I get this multi misfire code and I was wondering is this code is an instant response or does it come on sometime later after hitting the rev limmiter or missing a shift. The reason I ask is this. If i hit the rev limiter or mis a **** would this activate this code later rather than sooner or at all? The light has usually comes on on a normal ride home after the drag race. Thoughts?? My viper tech said it could be this.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
P0300 is Random/Multiple misfire detected and you can thank your friends at CARB for such wonderful regulations!. It is a two trip fault; it must happen twice during your run period but will set the fault as soon as the second event is detected. It's not clear what year car you have so the misfire detection systems are somewhat different for the various generations. Misfire detection should be disabled at fuel cut-off so that shouldn't be a problem. If someone is having issues with misfire detection my first recommendation is always to clear TEC (Tooth Error Correction - basically adaptive learning of the crank position edges for your particular engine and system) and then re-learn on the road. Your dealer will have to clear TEC but you should be able to re-learn on the road by driving moderately to about 4000 rpm in second gear and then coasting down to 2000rpm with your foot completely off the accelerator pedal. Perform this maneuver a couple of times and that should do it. Assuming you really don’t have some sort of misfire going on, this usually takes care of false detection. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do hope to hear back from you on this issue. If I have to wait it's no problem. My car is an 04 srt to answer your question on the year. I still seem to have this error from time to time but it does not seem to have an affect on the performance or the car. I do have an issue with the PCM connector plug closest to the firewall as I beleive the clip cracked. I think this may be part of the problem but I have yet to determing it since I can't find a replacement part or a name for the part. VCA does not seem to have any and I was told it was discontinued. I doubt that since it's not that old of a car. I am thinking this vibration may cause the error but again not sure since I can't seem to find one. Your thoughts are greatly respected.
Thanks
Chris

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
r u talkin about the aldl connector for pcm readings?