Looking for specific tires

cdominick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I picked up a flat on the right rear tire on my 1995 RT/10. Anyone know where I can find a source for either one or a pair of the original Michelin Pilot SX tires? The new ones have a different tread pattern. Thanks

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know when the last production date was for those, but sometimes Michelin keeps a couple pallets of them for a few years to meet this exact demand. They won't sell you a set but may be able to replace one that gets ruined....but usually this only happens within the first year or two of end-of-life. If EOL was 7 years ago or something, I don't think you're gonna find 'em. Hope I'm wrong for your sake. Good luck with it though.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st post? Welcome to the VCA. How about an introduction... Where are you from?

How old are these tires? You should probably update all your tires to the newer Michelin Pilot PS2's or the Kumho Ecsta XS
Old tires dry out and effectivly have less grip than an all-season tire. If you lived near me i would test your tires with my durometer to show you this.

If your viper is in a museum and you want to keep the original tires and oil in her then you could always have the tires removed and install a patch/plug that is inserted from the back and leaving the tire just like new(or old in your case)

If your a new owner please read through this thread:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/630445-Keeping-new-Viper-owners-SAFE-a-How-To

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I changed out 6 year old Michelon Pilot sports to the Kumho Excsta and absolutely love them. At nearly 1/2 the price of the Michelins, I feel they are the best bang for the buck! These were difficult to find a few months ago, not sure about the availability at this time? :2tu:

OP
OP
C

cdominick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I ended up getting two new ones for the rears. It will probably work out best that way.

It's a good life.

Chris

OP
OP
C

cdominick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in NOVA. It is my first post. I did get two new PS2's. Fronts when the cash allows. Everyone I spoke with was saying the same thing about the older tires.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a full set of XGT-Z's wrapped tightly in plastic and stored in a dark part of my insulated garage. No offers accepted.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth