RPM Transmissions Is The Best!

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want to tell everyone about an experience I had at RPM Transmissions in Anderson, Indiana. They just finished working on my car and I couldn’t be happier. Viper owners need to know about these guys. RPM and owner Rodney Massengale have a wonderful reputation in the Corvette community and they do a lot of work for Lingenfelter and other Corvette tuners.

A little background…I have a 2008 Viper and it had a bizarre drive line issue. I had rear end shimmies, shakes and noises. My local dealer and another well known Indy mechanic weren’t very excited about finding the problem so I went looking for a drive line expert. RPM had hosted an Indiana Viper Club meeting so I gave them a call. RPM fixed the problem and I literally couldn’t be happier. I am a very picky guy and I usually don’t say things like this.

During their work, RPM balance everything in the drive line, put the car on their dyno and sent the differential back (twice) to the vendor that put in the 3.55 gear set. They were very methodical and patient as they searched for the problem. They loaned me a trailer to move my car and loaned me a replacement differential so I could drive my car while my differential was out being worked on. When they had my car, they stored it on a lift with a cover on it! They went so far above and beyond my expectations it is hard to describe. Over the past few months I’ve talked to a number of RPM customers and I’ve come to find out RPM treats everyone this way.

Rodney, the owner of RPM, is a world class drag racer and has a 9 second Z06. The last time I visited RPM, Rodney showed me the Underground Racing 2006 B/W twin turbo Viper he just purchased. The engine is a work of art. Rodney is currently updating the car with many top of the line parts and he hopes to get it into the low 8s. I bet he does it.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rodney and RPM are top notch! I lost a gear in my T56 literally 2 days before I sold my Z06 and he worked with me and the new buyer to get a new one in the car while it was in transit to the new owner.

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DPViper,
I couldn't agree more! You may have seen my car there. I'm having some serious upgrades with tranny, tranny gearing to fix 5th and six. Preparing car for Texas Mile.
I'm replacing drive shaft with a carbon fiber one. Replacing axles, rearend with Quaife. Also replacing Paxton to new 2500 series. It's gonna be a beast when completed. I highly recommend RPM!

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
DPViper speaks the TRUTH...RPM has taken care of our Members' Vipers for many years...ALL of whom are very satisfied since Rodney and his Crew KNOW their stuff, work hard to make things PERFECT, and are MORE than cost competitive !!! Thanks, RPM !!!!

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks DPViper!
I'm getting excited to get her home. Should be ready the last week of this month. I have been working with TJ from RPM. There customer service is awesome!
Should have some dyno numbers soon.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm on corvette forum quite a bit, and have only heard great things about Rodney and RPM. top notch work :)

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Uncle Dougie" is right! The RPM boys did a flawless job on gears for my 05 and the purplesnake is soon headed north to their new shop. We are lucky to have them close to Indy. And when "DP" tells you he is a very picky guy, you have no idea what a ringing endorsement that is.

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ZDigital1....Did you get your car back from RPM? How did it turn out? Thanks

DPViper,
Everything is about done. Waiting for tuner. Brakes rotors and stainless brake lines are complete, line lock is wrapping up.
It's getting soooo close. I can't wait to get her back and do some serious driving.
I'll let you know once complete.
Scott

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets