Canadian ACR's

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a SSG ACR . It came with the fog lights in. It was just pointed out to me that ACRs don't have them.I was just wondering If anyone else had this happen with theirs!!!!. If so is it some Crazy law to have them in up here !!!.

Thanks Shaun.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
only canadian acrs came from the factory with fog lights, as in canada they are our daytime driving lights too

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't believe it is mandatory in any of the US States to have daytime running lights, I believe some of the manufacturers have done it on their own. When we order a Viper the box for daytime running lights is blocked out, not even allowing us to order said option for the Snake.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daytime running lights have absolutely nothing to do with the fog lights. In some Provinces like Saskatchewan, they can actually ticket you for running them when there is no Fog. Happened to me many times in an 89 Mustang GT when I lived up there. Has to be some other reason for them being on there. The daytime running lights, to turn them on is a simple reprogram of the ECU. They use the exact same headlights, bulbs and all.

Plink

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can verify that the fog lights for at least the 08's are the DRL. My car was originally from Texas, the DRL were not activated. For $40 the dealer activated the DRL, also the fog lights.:rolleyes:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, that is interesting! Maybe it has changed as it was 15 years ago that I lived in Saskabush!

rvansnick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my 06 couple months ago from the US and took to dealership and they turned DRL on for 40 bucks. Took all of 20 seconds to hook the doo dad up and turn em on. Thanks to forum on here, found out that Gen 111 and Gen 1V DRL can be turned on without any problems. The DRL are the fog lights so likely will get pulled over by the local castablatory one of these days. JC they pulled me over in the ol suburban couple of weeks ago for having one of those plug ins with the light in it for the trailer lights, said they are illegal as they have a blue light and in Canada you are not allowed any blue lights. I got out and went to the back of the Suburban and looked at it, pulled it out and chucked it as far as I could and the policeman said now I could charge you with littering. I think i will go find it in the woods and take it back to Crappy Tire where I bought it and get my money back. LOL Good ol Crappy Tire (one size fits f--k all)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my 06 couple months ago from the US and took to dealership and they turned DRL on for 40 bucks. Took all of 20 seconds to hook the doo dad up and turn em on. Thanks to forum on here, found out that Gen 111 and Gen 1V DRL can be turned on without any problems. The DRL are the fog lights so likely will get pulled over by the local castablatory one of these days. JC they pulled me over in the ol suburban couple of weeks ago for having one of those plug ins with the light in it for the trailer lights, said they are illegal as they have a blue light and in Canada you are not allowed any blue lights. I got out and went to the back of the Suburban and looked at it, pulled it out and chucked it as far as I could and the policeman said now I could charge you with littering. I think i will go find it in the woods and take it back to Crappy Tire where I bought it and get my money back. LOL Good ol Crappy Tire (one size fits f--k all)

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :rolaugh:

Thats funny! Now I can charge you with littering...... :lmao:

Some days eh?

So Crappy Tire is a Nation Wide name..... cool. We have the same name for it here Ont.