New Owner in Oregon

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well here I am, a proud new owner of a 03 SRT 10. I upgraded from a Subaru STI that was heavily modified. I love the car. Its a little snug for my height, but liveable. The power delivery is incredible. Handling is magnificent and looks are stunning. It was a tough choice between a Corvette, Viper or a Porsche. But the Viper won me hands down.

I know there are some other owners in the Beaverton/ Hillsboro area and would like to meet them.
You must be registered for see images attach

-Brant

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best way to do that is look under Members section for the contact information of your Regional VCA President. He can hook you up with a schedule of events and get your VCA membership going.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!

You should be hearing from Gary from either the Oregon or Washington clubs shortly. If you go to the Oregon club site there are a couple of things that some Vipers will be attending. I'll either go to the Griot's garage event in Washington or to the Mopar Nationals in Woodburn.

I just bought an '09 coupe that is currently @ Prefix in Michigan for some modifications. I haven't even seen the car yet. Can't wait to get it.

OP
OP
B

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I did hear from Gary and cant wait to meet up with others. Right now Im enjoying the car and trying to keep it grounded.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where in Southern Oregon are you??? I am in Klamath Falls.

Congratulations!

You should be hearing from Gary from either the Oregon or Washington clubs shortly. If you go to the Oregon club site there are a couple of things that some Vipers will be attending. I'll either go to the Griot's garage event in Washington or to the Mopar Nationals in Woodburn.

I just bought an '09 coupe that is currently @ Prefix in Michigan for some modifications. I haven't even seen the car yet. Can't wait to get it.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roseburg. This is my 3rd Viper having previously owned an '02 ACR and an '02 Daytona24 FE. Another fellow up here just got an '08 coupe to add to his Viper collection. We're thinking about heading up to the Griot's Garage/autocross in mid July. Want to come?

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shoot, I was just in Roseburg for the 4A baseball all star games at Legion Field! Summer time is baseball time for me....July is the busiest month of all....would like to but not this year. Did see a black Viper driving around Klamath Falls though the other day. Guess I am not the only one in town. Thanks for the offer.

s55c

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey BRANTDW...... I live in Sherwood, work in beaverton,,, nice to see another V in the area, not many of us here. Feel free to shoot me a messgae should you wanna meet up on a weekend..... happy motoring :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you ever take your Subie to a Cascade Track School at PIR? Open to VIPERS..... 7/22 and 8/12 are the next two

If you have seen the Viper Pace Cars out at PIR since 1993, that was me, or Doris, or Tony... Ill be happy to take you on a Pace Car ride....our next gig is the Nascar Touring Car 125.... July 22-23-24 7/22 is your best op for a ride.

We raise $$ at PIR for kids hospital 8/13-14......

WELCOME

OP
OP
B

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, No I didnt do much racing with the subie. I am intrested in taking some lessons on how to fully control this monster car. Ill look up the cascade track school info. Im up for a ride anytime. Ill PM you with my info.

kyleblix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm over in Milwaukie and have a '97 GTS. I'm always down to meet up to BS or for a drive or whatever.
I also came from a heavily modded 04 STI (450 AWHP on pump gas/****). Then had an 02 996 for a while. But nothing compars to the Viper!
Shoot me a message anytime!

Kyle

OP
OP
B

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kyle. I agree its like comparing a roller coaster to a merry go round. This car is a true monster. Resepect is needed. I have never driven a mean nasty beast like this. Ill PM you Kyle

OP
OP
B

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet boardkat. Its nice to see more people getting intrested in these cars. Ill PM you my contact info

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
We'll be attending the Griot's function in a couple of weeks in the new (to me) '08 coupe. I wish I knew you were in the market for an '03 Black Convertible, as mine is for sale. I'm hoping for a good turnout. Looking forward to meeting you!

kyleblix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on hitting the Griot's function as well. I'll be driving up friday evening and seeing some friends in Olympia on Sat. Then meeting up with the group on Sunday.

Anyone else leaving on Friday evening (after traffic, 6:30ish)? Caravan?

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going through Portland sometime between 2 and 3ish Fri. Have to make 1 stop and transfer a case of whiskey to Jon B.

OP
OP
B

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A nice meeting spot would be nice. I could use some also. Beaverton

-B