ACR on jack stands

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a lot of threads talking about how to jack up a GEN III/IV car, but no good close up pictures. The front was easy, but the rear seems very hard. Anyone have close up pictures of exactly where they put the jack stands and how they did it? Some close ups would be mucha appreciated.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are 4 jack points on the bottom of the car. Very visible when you get your head under there. Pretty hard to miss them, they jutti out from the bottom of the car, just run you hand under the side sill , you'll feel them.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the jack points in the back like wikkid mentioned to put my stands.
I jack the rear of the car up by going in from the back and putting the jack where you can see two big frame tubes welded together.
If I get a chance, I'll snap some pics of where I'm talking about, but if you look under from the back, you really can't miss the place I'm talking about for the jack and if you look from the side, you'll easily see the jack points where I put the jack stands.

OP
OP
E

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. So the jack points on the sides of the car behind the front wheels and in front of the back wheels are easy to see. I used those to jack the car up. I then put the jack stands on the frame in the front, no problem. The back seemed harder. It was easy to jack the car up using the jack points in front of the back wheels. I didn't see "putting the jack where you can see two big frame tubes welded together". The back of my car is totally smooth. Maybe I just missed it. I will try to snap a picture in case the ACR is different then the GEN IV coupe. Thanks guys.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a couple of good frame rails in back just forward of the rear end that can be used for jack stands after jacking the car, however, with the belly pan on you're stuck with the large perimeter rails that surround the passenger tub. If you're doing serious work with high torque suspension bolts, it is possible to rock the car on jack stands, so I would leave the floor jack (or jacks-- I use two) in position as well for an extra measure of caution. Also, jack stands with hard rubber caps on top of them will keep the frame rails from being chipped or dinged (hey, it's an expensive sports car-- don't treat it like a Suburban!). It takes a bit of caution to keep the stands only on the steel frame and not on any of the surrounding plastic or CF panels under there.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pics of where I was talking about in the back.
Sometimes I jack it up here and use the standard jack places for my jack stands and sometimes vice versa. It really just depends on where I need to get under the car.
Sonoman brings up some good points as well. I always leave the jack under wherever I have it with it snug to the jacking point just an extra support. I also have a rubber pad on the jack and all of my jack stands. Not only does it help protect the places you are supporting the car with, but it also (at least to me) seems that the rubber makes a better surface to resist slipping than metal on metal would.
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper