crank sensor location anyone??

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
looking for sensor on my 03, was thinking it would be on the front of motor by crank but dont seem to c it. Hopefully not on back of motor. I have it on the ground and can not get it in the air real easy because of car being lowered and not running to drive up on 2x6's. So any info would be great thanks

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks steve,,,, guess i will have my wife use her whole 115lbs to push the car on boards with me...lol

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kcobean---- I will keep this updated and let you know and I hope your wrong:) I ordered a Cam Sensor and will not have it till Friday so I will put it on then.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Does " I ordered a Cam Sensor" mean that you are going in a new diagnostic direction (or just a slip of the typing finger)?? If so, cam sensor IS "up front' and MORE complex to change !!

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before changing out parts, What kind of problem are you having first ?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Glad YOU asked that...as the last time I watched a "scatter gun" approach to a similar situation, at least one new cam sensor was destroyed (part of a series of parts swap-outs)...and the problem was really the AEM !!

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where do I start....lol MarcRoth- car just died while normal driving, started to sputter and would not accelerate then shut down. Had car towed. Checked for spark that was good, checked for fuel at rail that was good, ran scanner gave me a p0320. Changed out crank sensor and still nothing. Decided to pull cam sensor and check wires, well i destroyed that cam sensor when I put it back in and did not know I needed to keep it at 10 thousanths off the pick up...lol So even if sensor was good it is not now! So I ordered a cam sensor and should have it on friday. Talked with Chuck Tator and he seemed to think Cam Sensor. So I could be completely wrong with this, and open for suggestions, but if it is not the cam sensor then I will be turning it over to someone that knows what they are doing...lmao

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve-- thanks for the heads up about it being more complex to change, but if i didnt shear off the front of the sensor it would have been a easy swap!! :)

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you should have seen the look on my face when i pulled the sensor out :O Im like *** could have hit that? Believe it or not i checked the forum and not one topic on gauging cam sensor. I did look. I dont have fuel pressure at the rail now so im hoping that since i destroyed the cam sensor its telling the pcm not to send fuel. If not then I have no idea why I dont have fuel pressure anymore and I also noticed my oil pressure gauge is now pegged on 80 psi (03 gauge so 80 is the highest reading) when I turn the key on. I dont think they have anything to do with each other but one thing at a time.

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
put cam sensor in......still nothing, checked fuel pressure and had nothing. so on a whim I decided to put gas in tank. I put 1 gallon of gas in and all of a sudden i had pressure:omg: Long story short the car started i drove it to gas station and filled it up. Took 15.6 gallons so I know for a fact the car was not out of gas so who knows.
Anyways started to head back home and car temp was rising quickly within minutes it was at 225-230 then 260, car shut down in my driveway overheated and now I think I have real problems:(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456