How many miles should a brand new Viper have?

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noob-
Who is talking about your used car with 11K on it?
Are you serious?
No one is talking about used cars here, you buy used you take your chances.
Plunk down 100K on a NEW car and see if you feel the same way.
Try and keep up with the thread.

You obviously missed my point - maybe it's on your head. I said I would trust any of the reputable dealers mentioned to deliver me a new car with enough miles to make sure it was OK. I have bought new cars - not Vipers - and was not concerned. Whining about how many miles and the idea that it can't possibly have more than 10 or its been abused is absurd. If I didn't trust a dealer then I wouldn't buy from one from them - new or not. Work on your reading comprehension before you jump on me about my letter.

OP
OP
shooter_t1

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Got the new ACR on Sunday night.
By the way, it had 6 miles on it....:D

That's a great looking car. And YOU get to put the all important 1st miles on it, not some lot jockey.

PS: I just went back and looked at the wing in the picture that I posted of your cars twin. Strange indeed.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Shooter, extremely strange.
Nevertheless all wil be made right next week when replacement arrives.

48 Viper

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
:(Mine had 47 miles on it March of '95. My Jeep had 8 miles. Was not happy with dealer, and I'm sure they put the extra on. I had bought directly from Chrysler Military sales, so it was a fleet vehicle not retail. That being said, above posts are right. Doesn't really matter, it is new when you pick it up. 4-7 is probably what should be on it, but anything else is fine if there is no damage (I hit the fuel shut off the very first time I merged on the Interstate, could not lift my foot up, so the engine should be able to take abuse once or twice with no damage). Unfortunatley for me, the chin had been scratched, and they had scratched it when they filled up the gas. Then they charged me for floor mats! Go figure. I have never been able to buff out the scratch by the gas tank (and I like the grey under the chin - figured I'd buy a new one when it was time to sell/show). My luck in Hawaii continued, with the car being hit with 250 miles on it. Splintered the rear drivers side quarter. Three months later, the rear shell was repaired, but had clear coat problems until the paint had weathered enough to not care.