New Owner in Ohio

golfer9491

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Purchased a 1996 Gts back in May. I have always been intrigued by vipers and finally bought one. Its something different to drive other then the Corvettes I have, and I really enjoy the car so far. I have one problem with it. The radio isn't playing. It is getting full power and all the buttons work, but it just will not play. I am glad to be here, and its great to be able to compare the Viper to all of the Corvettes. Any help on the radio problem would be appreciated.
Matt

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car! Post some pics :2tu:

Where are you in Ohio? Put Mopar Nationals on your calendar right now. August 12-14 at National Trails just east of Columbus. It'll be a blast!

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmm, not sure about 96 but my 06 has a button to mute everything for when using a phone. Is there a mute button or a button with a phone on it that is maybe activated? Otherwise it may some thing simple as the last owner had an after market head unit and when putting the stock back in they didn't connect something firmly or some thing as bad as a faulty headunit.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Golfer!
Welcome to the forum!

The OH chapter is one of the most active in the country (or world, for that matter!). TONS of events every year and all of them are guaranteed fun.
Be sure to join the VCA and reap all the benefits.

As far as your radio, let me know what the model is (RB1, RB4, RBQ, etc.). It could also be something as simple as the amp or spreakens not being connected or shorting.
In the meantime, enjoy the exhaust note. :)

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stretch- I am in Cincinnati.

Hey you're right up the road! I'm down in KY.

In that case, you need to join us at the end of this month for the Vipers Run the Bourbon Trail! Thread: http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/643459-Vipers-Run-the-Kentucky-Bourbon-Trail-July-30-31-2011

We will be spending Saturday & Sunday going on distillery tours and doing some driving through the country.

And here is the thread for Mopar Nationals: http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/642785-Midwest-Zone-Rendezvous-Aug-12-14-2011

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper ownership experience!! Always great to see another Viper in Ohio. As mentioned earlier, perhaps it is as simple as the head unit was swapped back to the OEM unit and something was not connected. I have the same headunit in my '01 and there is no mute button that I'm aware of. If you have any other questions about the car or club just give me a shout.

Bob Bierman. VCA Ohio VP. :)