Couple pics of my GEN III seat adapters....

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just thought that I would share a few pics of my GEN III seat adapters for my GEN II GTS. I hope to install the seats in the car this weekend and will post completed pics. They are made from 2"x3/4" 6061 Aluminum and used a similar approach to what others on here have done. A simple comparison between the "old" and "new" seats indicates that the seat height will be the same as stock.

Until then,

You must be registered for see images attach

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great work and love the solid aluminum bar. Please post pics of your seats when they're mounted in the Viper.

OP
OP
R

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Installed the seats today they fit great.

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you use the 1" lowering seat rails for the stock seats then add the 3/4" adapter to get stock height?
Thanks
Ray

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great!!! I just wished the newer gen. seats weighed less. That's the only thing keeping me from doing this mod.

OP
OP
R

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did not use a lowering kit, just cut the stock "tabs" off the newer seats as shown in the third pic above. In hindsight, I would have just used 3/8" or 1/2" aluminum instead. However, I placed the stock seats side-by-side with these and the bottom cushion was at the same height. I am not vertically or orbitally gifted, so they fit me well.

I agree on the weight, they must weigh twice as much! The reason being that the LATCH system on the passenger seat must have required a total redesign to take the load in an accident. While they were at it they made the seat frame the supporting structure for the lower seatbelt mount on both the driver and passenger. (The GEN1/GENII cars have the upper and lower seatbelt mounts tied into the chassis rather than the seat.) The GEN III+ seat frames are beef. I figure that the benefit in comfort is worth the weight.

BTW...Thanks to X2Builders for the great seats. They were great to work with.