Tell me your honest opinion

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran a thread about this before but that was when the car was owned by someone in Oklahoma and the owner had it at 37,500.00. It has since been purchased by this dealership and more pictures have been provided. It looks clean but I would still have to see it in person, get a Carfax, and new tires. You guys have a lot more experience with this car than I do so give me your honest opinion. :rolleyes::drive:

http://www.premiercars.com/Inventory/1345/Dodge-P3749

QUOTE of the day

"When it comes to technology I will not be denied "

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
About $4000 too much. Why don't you deal with one of the venders here?. They won't try to screw you over.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The price is not bad.

Remember two things;

The price is always negotiable. Start low…

It is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What he said, if not a little more.

Personally, I avoid dealerships for used vehicles because I hate paying sales tax (and dealing with salespeople, in general).

My first beast was found on Craigslist and the second one was (cover your ears, Jon B) - Flea Bay. And both machines turned out to be awesome.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've seen/noticed, Premier has a high premium on all their cars [could be good cars, but price always seems high]. You have to negatiate a lot. Best, as Shooter suggested, would be to deal with the vendors here.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my first Viper from premier cars. They sell top notch cars and they were a supporting vendor for a while. Cars looks fine to me. i say go for it!!

sliverstripeacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on what you like, the best advice I can give is don't settle for anything. There will always be more cars so get the one you love and stay at a price your comfortable with. Good luck!!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I suspect that Premier negotiated that car at around $35k
Transported It
Detailed It
Added $9000

They do have an opportunistic 'rep' as noted by others above.....

PS:
CarFax Info is usually reliable, but A CarFax can mean nothing. That is, No Info = NO INFO. It does NOT mean that there are No issues, it just means that perhaps issues were not discovered or not reported.

I bought a 97GTS, a reported theft-recovery total, branded title, and Isold it for parts; It was rebuilt, Cfax showing ME as a past owner, and NO Other ISSUES. Buyer was delighted at the "JonB" ownership, and called me AFTER he bought it. CarFax said it was a "guarantee" only if he had bought the coverage...he had not.

No Facts Means No Facts Discovered

Last edited:

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't comment on the price, don't know enough.

I can say Premier was good to work with. I got my GTS through them. I probably got taken for a bit... but it was exactly what I wanted, and not an easy to find color combo (2001 S/S). So, ultimately I could have bargained more but I was not willing to walk away... I wanted the car. You have to be willing to walk.

If it was previously for sale at 37k then it sounds like you've got a great bargaining point. Ask Premier how they added 7k of value to the car...

OP
OP
C

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Guys. You have provided me with some excellant advise. I will keep you posted.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've seen/noticed, Premier has a high premium on all their cars [could be good cars, but price always seems high]. You have to negatiate a lot. Best, as Shooter suggested, would be to deal with the vendors here.

+1 EXACTLY, I've looked at several of their cars & they are definitely always on the high side. Case in point BJ Motors (Bernie) if you want the Best you've got to pay. Both of them deal with only the Best & Cleanest Cars, they don't Deal with junk, so you don't have to worry about the cars! JMO

Dan Aseere

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If the car is as pristine as a 7300 mile car should be then talk him down, but if you pay very low 40,000s I think that is a fair price. You can steel an average car but have to purchase a good car!!

OP
OP
C

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealership says that they want to charge me for changing all the fulids. I would think that would be the dealerships responisbilty

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealership says that they want to charge me for changing all the fulids. I would think that would be the dealerships responisbilty

C'mon if you're Really serious about this car & they're telling you their gonna charge you several thousand to change the fluids, GET REAL! Grow some GO-****!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
C-fax as Jon says ain't the bible. I know of a GT that was badly wrecked with a perfect C-fax and they were asking $160k

C-Fax Gets WORSE.... there is a back-story unfolding right now, of a 2008 pristine 1-owner car, and a falsely-bad fax!!!

Why? His home was burgled, and a police report and homeowners insurance claim filed. The car was in the garage, untouched. And yet then fax shows a history of an 'insurance-claim-theft' and police report involving his VIN #, because they checked the car for prints. It is adversely affecting his trade-in resale value. He is having a difficult-impossible time getting that false-brand REMOVED so he can sell the car !

I have the attorney-author of "LEGAL FILES" in Collector Car Magazine investigating for a story....stay tuned.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is everyone preaching vendors? Private sale is the way to go. You can have any car checked out by a mechanic.

OP
OP
C

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well they drop the price

The dealership drop the price to the low forties for the 2001 RT 7300 miles. The price they wanted oringially wanted was 45,000.00 . I told them that the car would need new tires which I would buy. They agreed to change all fuilds, brakes, trans, oil, clucth, power streering, and Ac maintenance. The car fax turned out Ok. One owner car. A company brought the car and sold it to one of its employees. I told them I would also need a AutoCheck as well. The car looks to be in excellant shape, but I would need to see it myself and test drive. Still not convinced that this is a good deal:omg: I could see paying low forties for a 2002 RT in good shape.

I want to be a Viper owner but I will not over pay to do so. Any thoughts or suggestions

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Well they drop the price

The dealership drop the price to the low forties for the 2001 RT 7300 miles. The price they wanted oringially wanted was 45,000.00 . I told them that the car would need new tires which I would buy. They agreed to change all fuilds, brakes, trans, oil, clucth, power streering, and Ac maintenance. The car fax turned out Ok. One owner car. A company brought the car and sold it to one of its employees. I told them I would also need a AutoCheck as well. The car looks to be in excellant shape, but I would need to see it myself and test drive. Still not convinced that this is a good deal:omg: I could see paying low forties for a 2002 RT in good shape.

I want to be a Viper owner but I will not over pay to do so. Any thoughts or suggestions

Shop around.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Well they drop the price

Why not buy from the seller directly?

Also, I wouldn't want a dealer working on the car unless they have a good Viper tech and will use Mopar fluids. Experience has taught me that dealerships are never the best place to have any sort of work performed on any type of vehicle.

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got mine from Premier and at the time the price was right in the ballpark of other similar GTSs on the market, possibly even a bit on the low side conisdering it only had 300 miles and BBS rims. It was exactly the car I was wanting, they were very easy to work with and I left a very happy customer.

OP
OP
C

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine from Premier and at the time the price was right in the ballpark of other similar GTSs on the market, possibly even a bit on the low side conisdering it only had 300 miles and BBS rims. It was exactly the car I was wanting, they were very easy to work with and I left a very happy customer.

Now they want to sell it to me in the high thrities. Looks like I might jump on it. I would first need to check it out in person.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI-Premier brouses this forum often, especially when they have a Viper for sale. Put your final offer on what you want to pay and be prepared to walk away if they can't meet it. Simple as that. There are plenty of cars available, just have to shop around like many have mentioned. Good luck with your search. :)

OP
OP
C

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a RT surprise

I ran a thread about this before but that was when the car was owned by someone in Oklahoma and the owner had it at 37,500.00. It has since been purchased by this dealership and more pictures have been provided. It looks clean but I would still have to see it in person, get a Carfax, and new tires. You guys have a lot more experience with this car than I do so give me your honest opinion.

http://www.premiercars.com/Inventory/1345/Dodge-P3749

Now they want to sale to me the Viper for high thrities after I told them I know where they purchased it from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper