Viper Days @ TWS - Lodging

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper fans, below is the info for the host hotel(s) for Viper Days... Only 7 rooms left at the Hampton! Book early due to an Aggie footballl game the same weekend!

HOTEL INFO:

Hampton Inn (Code "NAR")
0 S TX Ave.
Collge Station
, TX 77840

Sylvia Rosas
Sales Coordinator
Ph: 979-846-0184
Fax: 979-268-5807
Email: [email protected] This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
www.collegestation.hamptoninn.com

Country Inn & Suites College Station
1010 Southwest Parkway East
College Station, TX 77840
Telephone: (979) 693-7777 Fax: (979) 693-1700
Name: Sandip Patel
Title: Gm Cell: 1-979-324-9891
Phone: 1-979-693-7777
Fax: 1-979-693-1700
Email: [email protected] This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Directions:
From Highway 6 South, take the Southwest Parkway exit. Make a left at the light and the hotel will be on the left.
From Highway 6 North, take the Southwest Parkway exit. Make a right at the light and the hotel will be on the left.

OP
OP
S

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan, I take it you are going to Viper Days? Man it's going to be a scorcher that time of the year.

Paul,

I am certainly trying to go; I wanted to grab a room before it was too late. If by chance I cannot attend, I'll be able to let another VCA member have the room. My next step is to see if they'll even let me on the track (Beginner group driver’s education) in my bone stock Gen III? I'm afraid they might require a roll bar; I don't think I'm fast enough to get in trouble without one. I might be being overzealous (dumb) trying to take some drivers education before getting a roll bar though?

On the other hand the cruise up there, Viper Cup races, and hanging out with everyone will be fun, even if I'm not allowed on the track (just not as much fun).

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
JonB and Doris from PartsRack will be there with Pace Car duties...... Hope To See Y'ALL..........

Im not sure if its scheduled for TWS, (track insurnace matters) but we sometimes take Viper Owners on 4-5 parade laps at lunch time.....

rpm9000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan,
I just checked with NARRA and you will not have to have a rollbar for your car. At least not in the Novice Group. So you ought to be good to go!!

rpm9000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure. If I do go I may be by myself. I just wish they hadn't changed the date to September from May like last year. Are you and your wife both going to drive?

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Alan,
I just checked with NARRA and you will not have to have a rollbar for your car. At least not in the Novice Group. So you ought to be good to go!!

Yep, plenty of stock verts run the novice class. You will have a good time.:headbang:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
JonB and Doris from PartsRack will be there with Pace Car duties...... Hope To See Y'ALL..........

Im not sure if its scheduled for TWS, (track insurnace matters) but we sometimes take Viper Owners on 4-5 parade laps at lunch time.....

I think last year Ryan (Gotone), had a parade lap and pictures set up for VCA members.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Alan,

Correct.... but you have to have treaded tires, like PS2. "NO HOOSIERS"

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Whoop for the Aggie football game lol:). I've got season tickets so I'll have to join you guys around the game.

John look forward to meeting you!

Also Alan I will run in the Novice group with you to keep you company:). I've done the parade laps before but I need to start getting away from drag racing and into some more road racing.

Andy

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy:

We have season tickets and Beth doesn't want to go to the game so I am taking Mike G. We should pick a place to eat Sunday before the game. Gonna be a long fun Sunday!

Richard

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Andy:

We have season tickets and Beth doesn't want to go to the game so I am taking Mike G. We should pick a place to eat Sunday before the game. Gonna be a long fun Sunday!

Richard

Yes Sir! We'll chat when it gets closer; can't wait!

Alan it looks like I will sign up to run on Saturday so I can be free for the Aggie game on Sunday against SMU.

OP
OP
S

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy, I look forward to running with you in the novice group, at least we have matching paint on the sides :omg: I plan to sign-up for as much instruction as I can fit in, probably both days as I'll be sharing that time with my wife. Right now my wife has more track time than me (3 laps at MSR, no instruction, on 7 yr. old run flats), me nada, zip, zero.

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy:

The game isn't until 6:30PM or so, I plan on running both days, they have showers at the track so the folks sitting next to you at the game won't be offended.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds great Richard, if Mike needs an Aggie jersey let me know I have a few extras :)!!!!!

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to schedule at the Hilton to accommodate the 4 of us. Out of rooms and I procrastinated. I hope I'm not shot for the football game. Richard, do you know of anywhere we can park ACRs for the game? Karin will be going on home with kids and the trailer. Glad I'm taking Monday off!

BTW, I'm showing up on Friday to run some early.

Last edited:

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, sure we can park on a certain side street tucked away but accessible to the bus route. Easy in and out. We have never had any problems.

Richard

SRT8&10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a new member, and have run my challenger out there a couple of times, would love to do it in the viper.

OP
OP
S

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a new member, and have run my challenger out there a couple of times, would love to do it in the viper.

Welcome aboard Ron, I look forward to meeting you and also running at TWS. I've never had any driver's education (except 'school of hard knocks') and really look forward too it.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I had to schedule at the Hilton to accommodate the 4 of us. Out of rooms and I procrastinated. I hope I'm not shot for the football game. Richard, do you know of anywhere we can park ACRs for the game? Karin will be going on home with kids and the trailer. Glad I'm taking Monday off!

BTW, I'm showing up on Friday to run some early.

I guess we don't get to see your little blue beast at the track anymore huh Mike?. Relegated to car shows and street duty?.

On another note, I noticed the garage price went up 75% this year. AND I didn't see a place for a VCA discount when I signed up. Didn't we used to get that?

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess we don't get to see your little blue beast at the track anymore huh Mike?. Relegated to car shows and street duty?.

The GTS is relegated to cruising duty. Right now she's a paperweight while I wait for the time to get her retuned. I'm starting to consider getting her right and selling her again but I've noticed a few nice GTS's that are not selling at a reasonable price and do not intend to take a hit just to let her go.

There's supposed to be a discount for VCA members and I recall a spot to put my VCA number in the website when I registered last week.

SRT8&10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
nevermind, found the link in another section. I registered for Saturday driving school. Can't wait!! Now I just need to do some things to get the car ready.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper