Ever notice that Viper owners also own a Vette as well..

OP
OP
AAKVIPER

AAKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
runin1320 thanks it is a 1990 5.O hatchback with a 490 hp at the rear wheel..

runin1320 the 5.0 has a Votec and much work was done to it..I used to race it heads up class at Englishtown NJ in the mid 1990's verses the Buick Grand Nationals running obscene amount of boost. I had many times made the pages of Fast Fords and other hot rod magazines back in the day doing these shoot outs. That was when supercharging and putting on turbos was new to us.

My best 1/4 times with my wet weight 3,420 5.0 on street 10 inch tires was 11.90 at 124 mph with 12 pounds of boost..Back in the 1990's we were gods at the track..Now the 5.0 is a commoner. So I made it into a street/ road course 5.0. I added immense 4 piston Alcon Bear breaks in the front, and as well in the back, real Cobra R rims, adjustable three way electric cockpit shocks(notice the wires coming out of the top of shock bolt area). And so many Ford Motorsport now rare parts which were given gratis to me as part of a sponsorship and R@D program.

In the 1990's my 5.0 and a few others were a rolling test bed for new parts. I still have on this 5.0 one out of ten custom large port TFS aluminum heads with an experimental angle cut valve sets made to work with a GT-40 upper and lower intake. Titanium valves and retainers, hardened pushrods, aluminum needle ball roller rockers, all in the name of a light valve train. A special experimental supercharger cam.
Nowadays, I did change the track 3.73 gears to a more tranquil to the tires 3.27. But kept the carbon fiber drive shaft. But it still has the original 62K miles on it.

This old track warrior, now sleeper looking old Mustang still moves like a ***** ape
The 5.0 can hurt badly my RT-10 and 2011 C6 in the 1/4 :crazy2:..Fun car for a daily driver.

Thanks for noticing, Arthur

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the previous Vette owner club, but don't have the need for one anymore. I want a car with room for a DD, so that just leaves fun toys, which I don't see a Vette as footing the bill after already having a Viper in the garage.
That's not say a nice C6 Z06 absolutely couldn't find its way into the garage as well. After seeing Matt's blacked out, supercharged Z06 in Pigeon Forge, I'm pretty open to that possibility. That thing was a freaking beast with relatively little money put into it.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had 7 Vipers and maybe as many Vettes. Last one was a C6. Also an XLR and XLR-V made in the Vette plant. Closet thing I have now is a ZR1 motor in my Caddy.

Vettes are great and the best bang for the buck in the world. A Vete was the mule for the Viper.

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes. I had to balance the floor in the garage because of the Viper with three Corvettes. It worked.

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went from a '68 Corvette to the '04 Viper. I can't afford two toys, and don't have the space even if I could.

I suspect the reason so many Viper owners have or have had Corvettes, is possibly because we all have a love for American muscle.

If I ever do come into money, then I might make room for a NCRS mid year to go along side a current generation Viper. I might also have a GT-R as a daily driver.

~Jay

OP
OP
AAKVIPER

AAKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay I drove the new 2012 500 plus GT-R ...90K not impressed..If one is going that way..the 2012 Z06 is the ticket..
The new 2012 Z06 is faster then the 2012 Nisson GT-R around the Nurburgring. The GT-R in my opinion is a heavy 3,900 lbs fast and furious prop..I hate it when a "want to be" supercar tips the scale near the weight of a Caddy, BMW 5, or Mers E class..

Can you imagine with all that weight on the GT-R, the condition of ones breaks and tires after 20 severe laps at a real race track?..

Look at this vid below...Enjoy Arthur :usa: ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok1WUO3p1oQ&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtbNF48_iy8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANvlNGMOets

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always been a Viper fan, but I still consider myself a GM enthusiast primarily. I'll buy Corvettes and Vipers, as I enjoy them both.

The Viper gets more attention, and is a fun driving experience. I prefer tracking the Viper more than the Corvette. That being said, when I feel the need to go satisfy my speed needs, or run other cars - the Corvette gets the job done out of these two.

Last edited:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nine Ball, looks like you've spent enough money on cars! Now how about remodeling that house... maybe add a window or two :D

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, that is my garage. The house is that white trailer you see under the carport. It has A/C.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also belong to that band of brothers who's car collection is worth more then their house.:)

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cars look great man, I have got to get over there and see your shop.

Andy

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had 2 Vettes but the Viper is light years ahead in curb appeal for me. People gawk over Vipers that never did over my Vettes. And the Hiss Affect is constant. Last Saturday morning I came up behind Vette at red light. When the light turned green, he smoked the tires in first and second gear, clearly hoping to be noticed. And he was. It just seems to me that Vettes are so much more common that they feel the need to make a statement "Hey buddy I am cool too" especially when Viper is around.

HHPSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this time own 04 viper and 08 shelby gt500kr which we traded c6 vette for. Enjoyed many hot cars over the years!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a Viper that I wouldn't love to own but the only Corvettes that I like are the C3 big block cars and the new ZR1.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my current other car, 2011 GT500 Shelby Cobra, competition exhaust, pulley & tune mods, 540rwhp, and a ball on a road course. This is my 6th mustang, and I'm on my 3rd viper, that's stangs for 20 yrs and vipers for 12 yrs, and say that my garage will always have 2 particular cars, a stang and a viper, the garage is reffered to as the snake pit. I've looked at vettes but have never liked them enough to buy, I did have a CTS-V, so I got close once, lol, loved that car.

Some really nice cars in this thread!
Vid - there was a beautiful charcoal callaway vette on track this day, it's the 1st car I come up on, sweet ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z0fLtXu7Hc

Pic

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had one vette and two Vipers... than I sold the vette.

I don't think I'll ever buy a vette again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala