Ever notice that Viper owners also own a Vette as well..

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never noticed that................ :D

garage_0081.JPG

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I owned a C5 Z06 before I got my Viper and thinking down the road a Z06 Carbon would make a great daily driver.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I owned a vette before the Viper but wouldn't own one now. Not even a ZR1. Don't get me wrong - I love my buddies Z06 and the ZR1 is a magical beast but they just don't stand out enough on the road. The other day my GF and I went for a short cruise into town. Probably just over an hour total trip time. She pointed out a vette she saw driving and I said yeah, we are gonna see between 5-10 more before our cruise is over. She laughed and said no way. She didn't believe me. Upon returning from the drive we had seen 6 in total - and that was only the ones we noticed - in town we probably passed alot more. She then said she didn't realize just how many of them were out there.

On another note...

I bet you the percentile of Viper owners who also own a vette is high. And I bet you the percentile of Viper owners who own a vette or HAVE owned a vette is extremely high.

I wonder if there has been a poll for this topic?

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Started with a Z06 but could never go back after owning the Viper.

Blainne

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Had a few Z06's... don't think I could ever go back to a Vette again.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way on earth I would go back to any Vette after having Viper's since 2004.
Once you've experienced the rolling circus a Viper ride is, it's hard to go back to a vanilla sports car.

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a couple of vettes before I got a viper, they make great daily drivers, but no comparison to a viper :D

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are the only shots that have both of the current cars in them. I really need to get a shot of the Viper, Vette, and 69 Firebird together someday.
You must be registered for see images

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guilty also. Got my first Vette when I was 18, in 1977, had to sell my AAR Cuda For $1600.00 to get a years worth of insurance to get the loan :omg: (insert ******* comments here) anyway, have had several other Vettes but the only one I have now is a pristine 82 Collectors Edition with 24000 miles on it. Will never buy another one. Adding another Snake or 2 to the nest is a definite though. :2tu:

Last edited:

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I worked with GM over a decade ago during the C5Z06 development. It was/is a solid car, and have nothing but respect for C6 Zed's encroaching supercar territory. That being said, its too docile for me. There is something to be said about raw nature of the Viper. I am sold on its brutality and there is no going back.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guilty, I have to say that I love both my Callaway SC652 and my Viper and am glad I do not have to chose between the two. I know some people say the Vette is to docile but I have to say that Callaway fixed that issue. Throw a Supercharger and some exhaust on the vette and it trulu is an unbelievable vehicle. I cannot believe how much attention the Vette gets. I would have thought for sure the Viper would have it all over on the vette in that dept but that is not the case. Crazy isn't it.

That said I still LOVE my Viper.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
By far the most common trade in over the years has been a Corvette traded in for a Viper ( not counting Viper for Viper trades ). Like alot of the comments illustrate, it seems the converts to Viperdom are religious zealots for their new mount -- seems only right ,ha.

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own both (no pics handy).

In 2000 I fell in love with the GTS. Not being able to afford anything of the sort at the time, I looked at Corvettes. I really did like the C5 body style, and I'd never owned a real sports car. At the time it was a daily driver (couldn't afford two cars). The vette was a great choice. Good performance, creature comforts, well balanced for daily street life. Sold it for money reasons in 2003.

In 2004 was shopping again for a sports car. Looked at lots of stuff, but I just couldn't turn down 10k off a NEW 2004 C5 that dealers were trying to clear for the incoming C6.

I still have and really like my C5, though it doesn't get much play any more. It is stock power-wise, but has many handling, braking and cooling mods in it for track work. I don't suspect I'll ever get rid of it, we've had a lot of track miles together. I feel like I could track that car in my sleep. It would be like selling a friend LOL.

Finally got the GTS earlier this year.

They are both so totally different... hard to say which one I like better. The Vette seems dog slow now of course, feels like I could smoke a cigarette in the time it takes to get to 60 LOL... But in 103F weather, it sure is nice to have a sports car with A/C that cranks!

I think it also goes to show that many can appreciate the two sweetest sports cars America has to offer. Why not have 'em both!

Last edited:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favorite line was from Bob Lutz on Ode to Viper.

He told a Corvette engineer that something was wrong with his Vette...that it was missing.

Engineer said the engine was tuned perfectly. Lutz responded...it is missing two cylinders : >)

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2004 Viper 1500 miles , 2007 ZO6 18k miles. Love both cars. Vette is modded and gets track time.
This is my 4th vette, 2nd Viper. Be tough to part with either one of them. im done buying cars for now.

OP
OP
AAKVIPER

AAKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One other notion, when one pulls up in a Viper at a social event..

A Viper no matter what year makes an entrance...Everybody looks her over..:D

Not to take anything away from the Vette which is my daily driver, but in my book the Viper is an exotic and just causes certain emotions when it appears in a crowd. The Vette being more of a common site, is less of a impact car.

Just my take regarding the Viper's aura on the masses. Arthur

Arthur

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Used to have corvetts but now only snake's unless a super clean 63 split loaded all orginal that I could buy right would come along. Other wise snake's all the way

E_tar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are the vettes I've owned, I still own the dark blue Stingray..

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have owned Vettes since 85 and currently own a ZR1; however, if I had to choose between my ACR and the ZR1, I would get rid of the ZR1 in a minute. Not saying the ZR1 isn't a great car, it's just that I can pull up in the ZR1 and only Vette lovers know the difference between it and a normal C6 coupe. Everyone pays attention to the Viper.

IMG_31041.jpg

Last edited:

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No 'vette here.

I was never a 'vette guy. I remember in grade school that a guy near our bus stop had a 1968-70 Stingray and all the kids thought it was cool...except me. My Mom had a 1969 Barracuda that I thought was way cooler than a 'vette.

I appreciate what they've done with the 'vette, but they're still not my thing.

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice cars guys...just a Viper for me for now. Someday I'd like to get a C5/C6 Z06 and/or a 911 GT3.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave