Car FAX?

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering selling My Viper and wanted to have a carfax handy. Is there still a deal for club members?

The instructions weren't too clear, a PayPal payment, then who do you send the VIN too?

Thought I would post and get some clarity for the request.

Thanks

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you make the payment just put the VIN in the "notes" section on PayPal. You will get a reply usually within an hour or two with the full report on PDF. Still only $10 for a full CARFAX report - a great deal for club members!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Off topic question, but this thread reminded me about it. I know the $10 reports is a VCA benefit, but is it frowned upon if VCA members order reports for non-VCA members (family, friends, etc). I had a friend who needed a Carfax this weekend, but wasn't sure if I should offer to use the VCA service or not. I'm not talking about getting on Facebook and advertising "$10 Carfax reports! Email me!", but if I hear of someone needing one, should I offer or not? If the club is making $$ off the reports, seems like it'd be ok, but if its something that Carfax may not approve of, it'd obviously not be a good idea.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Off topic question, but this thread reminded me about it. I know the $10 reports is a VCA benefit, but is it frowned upon if VCA members order reports for non-VCA members (family, friends, etc). I had a friend who needed a Carfax this weekend, but wasn't sure if I should offer to use the VCA service or not. I'm not talking about getting on Facebook and advertising "$10 Carfax reports! Email me!", but if I hear of someone needing one, should I offer or not? If the club is making $$ off the reports, seems like it'd be ok, but if its something that Carfax may not approve of, it'd obviously not be a good idea.

Go for it, we pay a fixed amount every month and many times we do not run enough reports to equal the base cost. Plus we are a very unusual customer to them and if we do not run enough volume with them they might want to discontinue this greatly discounted cost. They actually have us in their bank and insurance group category therefore qualifying us for the same discount those entities get.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm no, I would not go that far, that could work in reverse. They monitor the internet and social media intensively for abuse and they might perceive an "ad" like that to be abuse of contract. Just do "friends and family" casually and all will be well.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not tried car fax and have not used Paypal.....anything special I need to do? I use AMEX.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not tried car fax and have not used Paypal.....anything special I need to do? I use AMEX.

Paypal is fairly straight forward on how to register/send money. Just don't forget to include the VIN to the car you want the Carfax on in the "notes" section of paypal. If you run into any problems, PM me and I'll try to help you through it either online or on the phone.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chad . I will get back to you hopefully today. I have asked a friend to get it for me.....if it does not work out I will contact you. I am going to have to come out to Georgia sometime and try out those ******'s girls.:D Bob