I just realized my Forum join date...

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...was 11 years and 5 days ago. Not many around here can top that one. I only have a little under 4000 posts. Chuck (my hero) has me beaten soundly there.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a member as far back as '97 but for some reason don't get credit for it.

OP
OP
GTS Dean

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interestingly - I'm now with VCA New England? It's a very nice place to visit, but I don't know if I'd claim membership there...

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Pretty funny Dean , as I always knew you from Texas, and was wondering how you got to the New England Region. Something tells me it is the New Braunfels portion of your address that threw someone. Years ago folks wanted to put me there too, as NE. for Nebraska made some think I was in New England. Had to remind them that as far as I knew there was not a State called " New England. "

Commute to your Club meetings has got to be Hell !

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean.

We go way back too.

Can't figure why I am in Michigan region when I live, and was Past President of the Southern California Region.

Gotta be a glitch.

Still use your Camera Mount...: >)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
...was 11 years and 5 days ago. Not many around here can top that one. I only have a little under 4000 posts. Chuck (my hero) has me beaten soundly there.

Congrats Newbee !!

Folks should know that GTSDean was a Gen 1 MAMBA owner, the first MAMBA handle on the first Viper Message Forum back in 1994-95 at Car and Driver.

DEAN, WERE YOU HERE UNDER A DIFFERENT SCREEN NAME? MAMBA MAYBE?

I remember when DEANW-III and I were giving a famous "newbee" some insider track info, wondering if we would ever have to race agin him. That newbee back then?

B
O
B

W
O
O
D
H
O
U
S
E
!

Last edited:

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I joined in '96 with my first Viper, but that's not what my profile says.

GTS Dean, I'm still running that Michelin RF you sold me on my '06 SRTC.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a software change at some point.... WAY before MY time as a Mod, and the entry dates data prior to 2000 were all lost somehow, so everyone zeroed out at 2000 as the earliest year. I might add it's been like that for years and years, it's not something new and happened prior to 2006 sometime I think.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There was a software change at some point.... WAY before MY time as a Mod, and the entry dates data prior to 2000 were all lost somehow, so everyone zeroed out at 2000 as the earliest year. I might add it's been like that for years and years, it's not something new and happened prior to 2006 sometime I think.

Not Exactly correct Lee.... My entry date was NOT lost, and remains in the archives. In Fact, when I made the very reply above, my screen date ACCURATELY showed 1997. A former admin here had kindly searched the DAY ONE ARCHIVES and saw that I was a beta-test poster since that date in 1997. It showed that for YEARS, until SOMEHOW, after the very post above, someone REVISED my date to an inaccurate later date it shows now !!!!

I would be most appreciative, if whoever edited my accurate join-date would restore it. The truth is in the archives. Thank You
Jon Brobst

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Upgrade? We have to watch U all the time RunnR! Sneaking in improvements on us 'n all............
I think of going from 1997 to 12/2000 is a downgrade!

When as old as I am, all you have is Seniority and Social Security (for a while anyway)

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Seems to be only a handful of folks with pre-2000 still.... your joindate in the database itself has been changed. I'm looking into how to take a old backup of the SQL and update folks as needed. It's not going to be a quick fix though...

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Runnr, does that mean you can match my join date again to coincide with my membership badge thaty says 96"? Don do you ever get to up to New England anymore? If so, give me a buzz, its been a while. Tim

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Your forums join date would not match your badge, unless you join the forums and the VCA at the same time.

And no, I never get up that way anymore...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth