VCA Appreciation Day honoring Viper Exchange and Ben Keating

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow Viper owners!

It's time for the next event so mark your calendars or just check ours!

Event: Viper Exchange Appreciation Day featuring Ben Keating

Meeting place: Biff Buzby Burgers (12702 Toepperwein Road Live Oak, TX 78233)

Time: 08/13/2011 Meet at 9:45AM and leave at 10AM http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=12702+Toepperwein+Road,+Live+Oak,+TX+78233+(Biff+Buzby's+Burgers)&daddr=Greek+Bros.+6220+N.+Navarro+Victoria+TX&hl=en&sll=29.20372,-97.672577&sspn=0.905031,1.778412&geocode=Ffz2wgEdiloj-iFBTaCh_KgCyCkfWbBFGY1chjFUDcxX5k1AGw%3BFSVDuAEd0_A3-iEbT-ZEwWyONin5HWsZUGdChjGP4V_COhC5jw&mra=prv&z=10

Description/special instructions: Ben Keating has always come up to Austin to join our events, he and Viper Exchange have always donated and helped out in our large events, like the Round Up, every year. It is time to give back and show that our region appreciates his involvement and contributions to keeping this club strong. When Ben is not running some of the best dealerships in the state you can usually catch him at Viper Days racing his ACRX in the Viper Cup series. You can read more about the series on his website at Dodge Viper Cup Series News. If you have never caught one of these races come out to Viper Days on September 2-4, you can see the race live after you yourself have learned to drive your own car on the very same track! As you can see Ben is a busy man, but still takes time out for the club and has always been a strong supporter. To show how much we appreciate all his support I have set up our next drive to go down to him instead of him coming to us and we treat him to lunch for a change. We will be driving straight from our meeting point to Greek Bros. in Victoria, TX. We should be pulling in the restaurant right at Noonish, just in time for lunch. After lunch Ben will lead the way over to where he keeps some gems of Viper collectibles such as the Bob Lutz #99 GT2, Ralph Gilles original Vooodoo ACR #1, Ben's race cars, a racing simulator... You will see things that we have only seen in magazines, will be an awesome photo opportunity!
Also while we are down here ANY question you have about Viper Days can be asked,you will have members who have been in Viper Days as well as Ben who is at all of them! We may also have someone come in from NARRA to answer any other questions and you could sign up right then and there. I know there are several of you that have had difficulties signing up Online, I hope you have been able to work that out with LisaKay, but if not here is a perfect opportunity!

I would like to ask for an RSVP on this event as we are going direct to a restaurant and want to make sure we have enough room.

Also while Victoria sounds like a long way away, it is shorter than Goliad for the Texas Mile. Lets show Ben how much we appreciate all his support and litter the Victoria Streets with Vipers in support of Ben, Viper Exchange, and Viper Days!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great choice of honoree...... maybe a ROAST? He shaved off all his facial hair, and looks 20 years younger!

Note: As fast as Ben Keating is, and even holding a track recort at SEBRING..... he has never been able to pass me ONCE. I have been ahead of Ben on track MANY MANY Times, and he just has never been able to pass me..........

Why? ..................... a prize goes to the first correct answer!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I should have made officers ineligible! --Yes......becasue passing the pace car is 'illegal'--

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
REMINDER: This drive is THIS weekend!!! We have some great things in store for everyone and a chance to get to know Ben Keating and all he does as well as some of the in's and out's of the Viper Cup and Viper Days. Will be an event you will NOT want to miss!!

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are still planning to be there tomorrow but we will not be in the GTS. We have a bent pushrod and are awaiting a replacement from Chuck Tator.
We will be in the Corvette but will be wearing Viper T-shirts so please don't bash us to bad tomorrow!

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We are still planning to be there tomorrow but we will not be in the GTS. We have a bent pushrod and are awaiting a replacement from Chuck Tator.
We will be in the Corvette but will be wearing Viper T-shirts so please don't bash us to bad tomorrow!

It's all good-I won't be in my Viper either-I'll be in the Italian.

Acr girl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had lots of fun today !! Thank you for all your hard work !!!! Look forward to the next one !!!

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the pictures I took. And thanks for a great day and it was nice meeting some people in person.
SnakeSkinGreen
You must be registered for see images

At the Gas Pumps

At the Restaurant

Some Fords

Last edited:

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Race

VooDoo

Some Ass

GTSR

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kurt and Ben,

Thanks for putting this on. Susanne and I had an absolutely wonderful day.
It was great having an opportunity to spend a Saturday afternoon with and among some really wonderful people.
An unexpected but very welcome surprise appearance were the two Italias. Very nice indeed. :2tu:
We also got to meet our local Law Enforcement on this trip. Thanks Chris. :naughty:
We learned that Law Enforcement is color blind, and can't tell the difference between Blue and snakeskin green.

Ben; thanks for an absolutely great lunch - (the folks at Greek Bros. Steak House did a superb job) / for opening up your "Garage" to us / and for supporting our cause. Big time "Kuddos" to you and your staff.

Ray and Leslie; it was great finally meeting you both. Now I can say I personally know one of the two "Sapphire Blue" Leslies. Sorry about the minor mishap with the Viper, but just the same, glad you could still make it (all the way from Austin) and enjoyed seeing the Corvette. Wish I could make the next SATX Coffee and Rides so I could see the Viper. I know eventually I will. Great photos and thanks for posting and sharing them. !!!

Eddy finally got his wheels wet !!!!! We hit rain on the way home. When we first hit the downpour, he almost completely disappeared out of my rear view mirror. But then he suddenly reappeared and stayed there. His Gen 3 Viper Mamba ain't a ****** anymore.

A great ride, great food, great people. And that is what sets the Viper Community apart from all others. Can't wait for the next event.
Susanne and Mike.

Clyde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddy finally got his wheels wet !!!!! We hit rain on the way home. When we first hit the downpour, he almost completely disappeared out of my rear view mirror. But then he suddenly reappeared and stayed there. His Gen 3 Viper Mamba ain't a ****** anymore.

Yep Mike! My car funally met the rain. I washed it as soon as I got back to San Antonio though! ;-) Other than that, yesterday was incredible! Thanks to Ben and the local leadership for putting it together. I enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to future meets. Here are a few of the pics I took:

You must be registered for see images attach

Clyde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More pics...

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddy,

You are da man ..... "Da Cameraman" that is. Awesome photographs.:2tu:

Thanks for posting and sharing.

Clyde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddy,

You are da man ..... "Da Cameraman" that is. Awesome photographs.:2tu:

Thanks for posting and sharing.
Thanks...I'll email you the pic of you and your wife shortly. Oh, I'm in for Viper Days too!

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddy,

Re: Viper Days.

That's good news.

I'll look into a Hotel at nearby Navasota. I have a bunch of free stays accrued with one of the Hotel chains, so I will look into getting a room for free if possible. Depends on whether that hotel chain is there or not.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do I get points for showing up late?

Get 100 points for turning around to help another member out :2tu:, but then a negative 100 for not trying to start it :lmao: as soon as you got there... so your even on this run but have a big deficit from the past several months of no shows sir. :nono: