Looking for a rear wing

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for a wing for a GTS. (I already looked in the classifieds). The wing I am looking for bolts into the license plate area, and I believe Roe sold these, but I am not sure. I am shopping for a GTS currently. Any ideas? Anyone have one in the garage they would like to sell?

Thanks!

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve...did your Ferrari sell?

Last night is sold. I have not gotten the wire transfer yet but we are looking to do all that by the end of the week. Looks like the Ferrari will be going to the west coast. Funny once it sold, I have had a few people tell me they wanted to buy it. Oh, well! I hope all goes smoothly.

Thanks

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a lousy wing for show only. The way it mounts is not stable. Vibrates and moves around alot. Some have actualy hooked a cable set up to it leading forward to reduce the amount of movement and vibration. For a show wing get one like the gt2 wing that makes no downforce. For a real wing get the Lemans replica from autoform. Be warned! It adds a lot of down force even being neutral. You need the front end to produce more downforce too in order to balance the car. LIke the autoform sebring or lemans front fascia plus splitter. See pic of my car or autoform site. GTS Bruce

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please dont Steve, that thing is UGGGLY

On functionality, A GTS at speed has about 100lbs of Rear downforce, and 25lbs of Front LIFT.
You would be much better off lowering her a bit and doing a front splitter to get a better aerodynamic balance.
I am planning on doing a custom front splitter & rear diffuser in the future. If your interested perhaps we could work together on it.

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

This is the wing I am looking for. Please! As many of these as I have seen in the past, someone must have one in the garage or basement they want to get rid of!

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
<br><br>This is the wing I am looking for. Please! As many of these as I have seen in the past, someone must have one in the garage or basement they want to get rid of!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's another shot from the side showing the small steel struts that attach to the rear window surround.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is an Autoform wing.

Viper Baz UK did have a spare GT 2 wing a while ago, but its NOT the one you are after :( Good luck with your search :)

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great News :) Is it the right colour or have you got to get it re-sprayed? Please post up some pics when you get it installed :)

I do most all of my own paintwork and am very picky. I decided to paint one myself. As soon as it is installed I will have pictures!