Linking to a specific post in a multi-post thread

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the old software, I could click on a post # and it'd open that post in a separate window so I could directly link someone to that specific post. I can't do that now. Was it an option lost in the upgrade or is it a different way of doing it now?

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
You can still do that.

Look at Lee's post in this thread, see the #2 on the right in the red bar? If you right click, copy link, it's a link directly to his post.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can still do that.

Look at Lee's post in this thread, see the #2 on the right in the red bar? If you right click, copy link, it's a link directly to his post.

Thanks Don, when I do that I notice its going straight to that post, but the entire thread is still open/visible to the person I send the link. Is that how it works on this software version? On the old forum software, it'd open up a new window with ONLY that post (#2 in this case) visible. This way is fine, just not the way I was used to it working and wanted to be sure it wasn't something I was doing incorrectly.

I'm running Firefox File Version 5.0.0.4183

Last edited:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am running IE 8 and also have had the same issue as Chad. Was once JUST the post in the new window that opened.

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Did some digging, and it seems this is the new way of doing things. The old "show a single post only on the page" is now a lost feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper