Who to contact to ask for permission to post in the So Cal forum

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, as the topic says I was wondering if anyone can tell me which mod or contact I can PM and ask permission to write in the Southern California forum. I only have to do one thread is all. I'm hopeing someone in the LA area can go look at a car for me
thanks

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not know of any exceptions that allow non members to post in the regional forums - but, depending on what Gen Viper you are interested in, you can post in the respective forum to get some feedback. I'm sure someone from the region will see it, or other members can bring that to the attention of SoCal members. Good luck.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post in the General Viper forum and a mod will prob move it to SoCal forum for you (I've seen it done in the past). You might actually get more luck in the General forum than the regional forum anyway.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta say where in SoCal to get someone to help ya out... the car could be around the corner or hundreds of miles away with the way things are laid out here.

I posted a link to this thread @ the SoCal boards... Someone from our club might even know the car.

Otherwise you might want to have the car professionally checked out by DC Performance before purchase.

V

Venomiss

http://socalviper.com/

Here is the VCA Southern California website and Lance Kouchi is the president for that region.

His contact information is on the website and he or one of the officers for that region might be able to help you.

OP
OP
D

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta say where in SoCal to get someone to help ya out... the car could be around the corner or hundreds of miles away with the way things are laid out here.

I posted a link to this thread @ the SoCal boards... Someone from our club might even know the car.

Otherwise you might want to have the car professionally checked out by DC Performance before purchase.

Sorry, It's just North-west of LA, approximately 50 miles.

Thanks for the help guys

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, as the topic says I was wondering if anyone can tell me which mod or contact I can PM and ask permission to write in the Southern California forum. I only have to do one thread is all. I'm hopeing someone in the LA area can go look at a car for me
thanks

Hi Darth,
You have So Cal's full attention now....you can send me a PM or just post the info on this thread and I will do some checking for you.
(your request has also been posted on the So Cal site , Thanks to Kala !)

As others have said, DC performance is also a great source for information as well as a great place to have the car inspected. Dan Cragin is one of the best.

Lance

OP
OP
D

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Darth,
You have So Cal's full attention now....you can send me a PM or just post the info on this thread and I will do some checking for you.
(your request has also been posted on the So Cal site , Thanks to Kala !)

As others have said, DC performance is also a great source for information as well as a great place to have the car inspected. Dan Cragin is one of the best.

Lance

Great thanks for the help. I did call DC Performance and they knew what I was talking about, and had good things to say about the car. I spoke with Lyle there. He even said he'd do a complementary readout for me if the owner took it to him. I really have no clue what to look for or ask about when it comes to something like this

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Problem at all. The guys at DC Performance have a great reputation and are the best when it comes to Vipers.
If they give the car their blessing after their inspection, you can rest assured that it is good.

Good Luck !
Lance

Once you are in the driver's seat, be sure to join the VCA and enjoy all that the Club has to offer.

OP
OP
D

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, it has nothing to do with the seller or DC performance, but I am scared stupid about all this. Most pricey car I would have ever bought (by far), add that into buying a car i have never seen, shipping, etc etc. wow...the stress is ******* me. I wish I had millions like some of you guys so this wouldn't be such a stress on me :)

If anyone is North-west of LA and would be willing to swing by and see it, i'd be much appreciated

OP
OP
D

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and I have been watching Vipers for a while now, but they are so hard to compare prices because it's like comparing apples and oranges. Is anyone knowledgeable here about prices that I could email to see if the price is right?

V

Venomiss

Best scenario is ask the current owner to take the car to DC and you pay for an inspection with them.

Makes you happy and might save you big $$ in the long run.

Send a PM (private message) to 02 Graphite GTS and he can help with your price questions.
You can also ask DC over the phone what their opinion is also.

OP
OP
D

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, when I spoke to DC, they said if I buy it, the owner could take it to them for a complementary scan and I could have the printouts etc.

thanks...

V

Venomiss

Spend the money and find out about the Viper before you purchase it.

What you are describing is an after you purchase scan and the suggestion is pay for Viper inspections with your nickel before the purchase.

It's worth the money since you don't live anywhere near this Viper for sale it sounds like and might save you $$$ in the long run.

OP
OP
D

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ohhh, I gotcha. As you can tell I am a rookie at this type of stuff. Every car I've bought has been seen in person and totally different from this story.

I guess the location of the vehicle is a bit out of LA (50 miles North/West), so it makes it a further trek for the LA members.

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ohhh, I gotcha. As you can tell I am a rookie at this type of stuff. Every car I've bought has been seen in person and totally different from this story.

I guess the location of the vehicle is a bit out of LA (50 miles North/West), so it makes it a further trek for the LA members.

I'll see if one of our members in that area can check it out for you.

Lance

OP
OP
D

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a super happy and sad day all at the same time. I called the owner of the Viper and we agreed on everything. i'd send him a deposit and he'd ship after I move. AMAZING

long story short, my beautiful country of Canada has some lame rule. I called about importing this vehicle. They said it has to be relatively stock (obviously regular car maintenance and beauty items don't count) unless the vehicle is over 15 years old. I told them that it is over 15 years old and there is a Supercharger. They said if it's over 15 year old car then it's good, but the Supercharger has to be over 15 years old as well (and I have to prove it). Or else the car cannot be imported into Canada.

We can buy a stock Viper and add a Supercharger here in Canada, but can't buy one already done from the USA? My only option is to have the supercharger removed/shipped seperately/re-installed, but that makes my price way higher. I will be calling the border tomorrow and seeing if there is something that can be done, but I'm likely out of luck :(

I don't think I've ever had such a high and low like this before.

I will keep you guys posted, but thanks for the help regardless

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to talk to the Western Canada VCA about how Ted imported supercharged vipers into Canada. He has two of them, one Roe and one Paxton. They may be able to give you some insight.

OP
OP
D

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to talk to the Western Canada VCA about how Ted imported supercharged vipers into Canada. He has two of them, one Roe and one Paxton. They may be able to give you some insight.

Sweet...I will try that. Out of curiosity sake, what years are the forged pistons? 96-99 all have it? And what would be the approx price of a Supercharger setup down the road?

OP
OP
D

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, do you know Ted's user-name on here? I can't post directly into the Western Canada forum, so I thought i'd shoot him an email.

Thanks

V

Venomiss

Just sent you the contact information for all three regions in a PM.

Asp Man on these boards is the membership contact for Western Canada.

They can tell you about current importing and who to contact.
You can also use the search feature here as there are many threads discussing this subject.

If this Viper purchase doesn't happen for you they can tell you what is for sale in your area-might save shipping and you get to see the Viper in person before purchasing too.

Search feature will also help you with all the questions -just be sure and plug in different versions of the subject you are looking up.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/633730-Shipping-to-Canada?highlight=shipping+Canada

and many good information links for you in this thread from a search too.
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/613514-Shipping-a-Viper-to-Canada?highlight=shipping+Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
D

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, thanks for the help. You can ignore that PM I sent you, as I sent it to you before I read your post on here. I will take a look.

Just sent you the contact information for all three regions in a PM.

Asp Man on these boards is the membership contact for Western Canada.

They can tell you about current importing and who to contact.
You can also use the search feature here as there are many threads discussing this subject.

If this Viper purchase doesn't happen for you they can tell you what is for sale in your area-might save shipping and you get to see the Viper in person before purchasing too.

Search feature will also help you with all the questions -just be sure and plug in different versions of the subject you are looking up.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/633730-Shipping-to-Canada?highlight=shipping+Canada

and many good information links for you in this thread from a search too.
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/613514-Shipping-a-Viper-to-Canada?highlight=shipping+Canada

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet...I will try that. Out of curiosity sake, what years are the forged pistons? 96-99 all have it? And what would be the approx price of a Supercharger setup down the road?

Yea 96-99 are the only forged motors from the factory.The price of adding a supercharger has been discussed in the past. Mostly depends on how much work your going to do yourself. I would budget 8-12k for a properly installed/tuned system. I never mentioned Western Canada VCA in my original post...I guess someone felt it needed to be changed since Ted was banned. PM sent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32