National VCA Budget

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Hey where can I find last years National VCA Budget.? I did a search and found lots of old questions, but can't seem to find the budget. I looked in the members section but apart from the bylaw's, nothing. Any help.?

Thanks,
Robert

VCA Directors

VCA Board of Directors
Reaction score
To our knowledge the club has never published annual budgets, only the financial reports for the prior year. They were published in VCA Notes and will be published in VIPER magazine going forward. Thanks for your interest!

OP
OP
shooter_t1

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
To our knowledge the club has never published annual budgets, only the financial reports for the prior year. They were published in VCA Notes and will be published in VIPER magazine going forward. Thanks for your interest!

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure how the club worded it. So, what issue can I expect to see last years financial report in.?

Thanks,
Robert

VCA Directors

VCA Board of Directors
Reaction score
Historically it has been the Winter Edition, how that plays out now that there are 6 Issues rather than 4 remains to be seen. No one has named the extra two yet.

OP
OP
shooter_t1

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Historically it has been the Winter Edition, how that plays out now that there are 6 Issues rather than 4 remains to be seen. No one has named the extra two yet.

Thank you. We already have 2 issue's. Only 4 left. I look forward to the information in 1 of the upcoming mags.

jax92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shooter t1; hard to believe no one has given you a direct answer to such a simple question, but, according to the new by-laws, the National treasurer “….shall prepare a SUMMARY (emphasis added) of the financial report……which shall be published in a designated National membership publication”. Additionally, you or any other “Active Member” can inspect the VCA checkbooks at all National Board meetings. The dates and locations for the meetings will be published in Viper Magazine or any other suitable VCA media publication not less than 30 days in advance of the meeting. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shooter_t1

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Shooter t1; hard to believe no one has given you a direct answer to such a simple question, but, according to the new by-laws, the National treasurer “….shall prepare a SUMMARY (emphasis added) of the financial report……which shall be published in a designated National membership publication”. Additionally, you or any other “Active Member” can inspect the VCA checkbooks at all National Board meetings. The dates and locations for the meetings will be published in Viper Magazine or any other suitable VCA media publication not less than 30 days in advance of the meeting. Hhope this helps.

Thank you jax92. At 1st I thought I was the only member interested in where the clubs money goes. And of course to whom. Plus I'm curious. It's a great club around an awesome car.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have looked up the reports in the old VCA Notes I have. I'll scan them and send them to anyone that wants them, just send me a PM

PBR

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I have seen a "Tool Booth" the last few years in the VCA Notes so there should be something coming soon. Send one of ht officers a direct note if you need something sooner. Better yet, get involved in the club as they are alwasy looking for good concerned members that want to hlep improve a great thing!

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, great advice...sooner then what?. It's only been 5 months since I asked the question.:rolaugh:

Fantastic question and the patience you have displayed the past FIVE MONTHS (ouch!) has been extraordinary. Me thinks the upcoming edition called "We Can Wait Any Members Out" will have the data you request.:lmao:

Kinda strange that dues-paying club members are not communicated with when they ask legitimate ?s, especially re:$. Is Madoff still in jail?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With 4 iisues of Viper Magazine it would have been easy to answer the question. The winter edition. With 6 issues for the first time it was very hard to identify. As of last week with the shipping date of November/December happening right now we can commit to it being in the January/February Edition. It is usually timed to come out after the Board/Presidents meeting so they can see the numbers first.

jax92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic question and the patience you have displayed the past FIVE MONTHS (ouch!) has been extraordinary. Me thinks the upcoming edition called "We Can Wait Any Members Out" will have the data you request.:lmao:

Kinda strange that dues-paying club members are not communicated with when they ask legitimate ?s, especially re:$. Is Madoff still in jail?

If anyone is looking for financial information on the VCA or for any other USA non-profit, the easiest route is to obtain copies of their tax returns. Threre are three ways to locate copies of their the tax returns:

1. Log on to Guidestar.org and register. You can obtain the last 3 years of tax returns for the VCA or any non-profit company in the country

2. Download IRS form 4506-A and complete and fax as instructed. You can obtain up to 5 years here.

3. VIst the office of record for the VCA. They must have a copy there for review by the public. You may need to call in advance.

All three of these methods are free, and the tax returns provide much more in depth financial information than the "Summaries" do.

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are some things I don't care about until they are brought up. And while i'm not too concerned for some reason, Guidestar.org is pretty interesting. I'm surprised that this club brought in almost a million dollars (700k$) in 2008.

Last edited:

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was honored to be at the President's meeting last week and Lee did present his report to all of us. So now that we got to see it, I'm sure it will be released very soon for the rest of the club to see. The checkbook was also there for us to inspect. (I did not personally inspect it and did not feel the need to do so. I trust our Board and more importantly, I trust Lee with the checkbook) I suppose if our account balance was severely down in dollars, I would be inclined to inspect it quite thoroughly, but when they are reporting an increase in account balance there is not much to dispute or question.

YES our Club is in GREAT financial condition despite the bad economy and all the negative rumors about how the Club is being run. We are SELF RUN and standing on our own! If it weren't for the all the work our National Board volunteers to do, I doubt our Club would be in such great shape. It is really quite exciting to see and hear about all the things these guys are doing and planning for our Club's future. Pretty amazing stuff if you really stop and think about it.

I for one, really appreciate the fact that the Presidents are given the information ahead of the Club. Why? you ask, because I am then better prepared to address questions or comments from our members. The Regional Presidents need to convey the information from the National level to its region. It must be done as accurately as possible in order for everyone to remain on the same page. I try my very hardest to keep our region informed of these things....but it is not easy.

Bottom line is that it is a Club. It is fun and fun is a positive thing. It is a shame when people try to take the fun away with negativity.
I AM NOT INFERRING THAT ANYONE IN THIS THREAD IS BEING NEGATIVE. I think that every post here is relevant and that there is a very valid answer to each and every post above. I know this does not answer any of the direct questions above, but I'm hoping that maybe I have answered some of the un-asked questions. In general I think it is a shame when "negative feeling" comments are made towards the very Officers that are busting their butts to do such positive things for ALL of us. We are all getting the benefit of their hard work.

I returned home from the Presidents Meeting more inspired and energized about the upcoming year and all the great things we have in store for us.
I sure hope our members do not forget to Thank our National Officers and appreciate all that they are doing to for us.

Lance

ZESTY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should not feel honored, you were elected by your members to represent them. When things are looking great that is the time to look.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members just want transparency and some timely answers to questions posed, not much to ask.

jax92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never experienced such drama regarding the presentation of financial information to the deserving membership of any organization. It is a members right, not a privilege to recieve this info. I don't know why the financial "summary", a one page document at best, can't just be uploaded to the website for all members to see. (What's with the "Auto save", am I being watched)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper