Finally brought One

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just brought a 2001 RT Viper (7500 miles) and drove it from Mo to NC and then to MD . This car is a blast. I spent two days with the car and had a viper tech (Dan) change all of the fluids. He was very professional and provided me with a lot of pointers. I had a gym bag with all my clothes in it and set it next to the rear wheel while the car was still running. I went back into my car to gather some other belongings and noticed that the gym was smoking GEEZZZZZ I mean the heat that this car produces is just off the wall. The last time I drove a clutch was 15 years ago. The dealer spent a few hours with me in showing me how the clutch works. I felt pretty good with the dealer in the car with me. However, when I drove the car by myself I felt intimidated by all of the power this car has. I decided to stay another night in MO to settle my nerves before I took her out on the highway. When I got her on the highway I just took my time and it all began to come back to me. Before you knew it I was weezing through Kentucky , Tenn , and NC . I put her in 6 and decided to give her a little gas and WOW....what a blast :rolaugh:. The dealer warned me that this would be an attendtion grabber and I must say it sure has been. The only thing I do not like is the cheap sterio, CD, and Speaker system. I plan to upgrade it soon. Other than that this car is just a blast. I will send you guys some pics soon.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice choice in car and color (no bias here :smirk:) Sounds like a nice way to get to know the car (except for the fire :omg:)

Now that you're home :needpics:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
CONGRATS on getting a car. WHEW !!! I loved the stories of the smoking gym bag, and the generous dealer who tauight you to clutch in several hours.... and 'weezing thru KY'......and all the power yours has in 6th.

May I please suggest that instead of making 2-3 new threads for each and every question you have, you post ONCE in new-owner questions?

And remember the SEARCH KEY is your friend....

01rt10outlaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
too cool, congrats, I bought mycar up in St Louis and drove it down to dallas, had to pull over and "ground" myself a couple of times on the ride home, plus it's such a **** car to look at !!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats...where in Maryland are you? There is a VCA event this Saturday in Bel Air if you can make it, and meet up with some of the local members

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations ! lose the cats and the heat will be gone. Forget the stereo, enjoy the engine sound ! The pedals and shifter take some getting used to but there a lot of fun once you do.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chambers

On a more serious note - congratulations. I've been following all of your many threads and numerous posts, and doubted you were for real.
I'm very glad you persevered and scored your dream car. I hope you get much reward and enjoyment from it. Welcome to the "Club".

And by the way - it is mandatory that newcomers upon acquiring their first Viper ..... post photographs of their new ride. Show us some pics.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on your new to you viper, enjoy and have fun with it. And i agree about the sterio.

OP
OP
C

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chambers

on a more serious note - congratulations. I've been following all of your many threads and numerous posts, and doubted you were for real.
I'm very glad you persevered and scored your dream car. I hope you get much reward and enjoyment from it. Welcome to the "club".

And by the way - it is mandatory that newcomers upon acquiring their first viper ..... Post photographs of their new ride. Show us some pics.

pics are on the way

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper