Damn mice, how do you keep them out of your garage and car????!!!!!!

paul fettig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Campers use Irish spring soap. Just put a bar in the garage and they should disappear. They do not like the odor of the soap. It also works in getting rid of Voles.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually had the engine wire harness chewed up by mice on a previous NEW Viper I bought that happened BEFORE I bought the car with 4 miles on it. Its not uncommon while cars sit before selling. I bought a couple of mice/roach deter devices that simply plug into your elec. outlets in the garage. Got them at Lowes for just a few bucks and they send out a frequency that deters mice but no harm to pets. The units are only 3 inches long and have a night light on them.

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
^^^^ That sounds interesting, but I worry about the "no harm to pets" thing. I mean what if there was a high pitched frequency that really bothered your dog or something but they couldn't tell you, I don't know I just worry about those devices.

On another note I CAUGHT ONE!!!!!!

Took one night and I caught him. Yes it was a humane trap, I don't kill things so good karma for me :) Anyway I put him in the car with me in the trap and released him when I got to work about 15 miles away b/c I know if I just took him down to the woods he'd be back. I'm going to buy one more trap today to have 2 going, as soon as I feel like they are all gone (maybe there was just the one I pray) then I'll put the Irish spring soap around the corners of the garage.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Gawd. You gave a ride to a mouse. So I suppose my suggestion to impale him with a ten-penny nail and leave him in the yard for all his mouse buddies to see, wouldn't be taken as serious? It worked for Vlad.

1buddyc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually had the engine wire harness chewed up by mice on a previous NEW Viper I bought that happened BEFORE I bought the car with 4 miles on it. Its not uncommon while cars sit before selling. I bought a couple of mice/roach deter devices that simply plug into your elec. outlets in the garage. Got them at Lowes for just a few bucks and they send out a frequency that deters mice but no harm to pets. The units are only 3 inches long and have a night light on them.
Didnt work for me, they just climbed on the plug-in, chewed on it some then **** on it. I had to end up using Sticky Pads. They work Gooooooood!:2tu:

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a solution not mentioned so far. It's very effective and requires practically zero upkeep.

There are devices that you can plug into a wall outlet that emit frequencies that mice cannot stand. They don't affect pets or people, but mice immediately leave. My mom's house used to be disgusting...I'm talking literally hundreds of mice were in this house. You'd open a door to a room and they would all scatter, jumping over trash, etc. The mice really owned that house for awhile.

Anyway, we plugged in one of these devices on each floor of the house and within a couple days they were completely gone. The house hasn't had a mouse since then (about 5 years). All you have to do is replace them every few years or so. I don't care about being humane, but this solution does seem to fit your goals.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Following Hurricane Ike in Houston, we had two very large trees clobber/almost crush our house (we also lost 13 other trees with 2'-4' dia. trunks, that didn't hit the house), and the rats/mice moved in through the holes in the roof :omg: They ate the all of the duct work in the attic, looking for moisture and a cool place to stay. There were so many we could hear them in the walls and attic all night long, we tried everything! The sound devices work for a day or two, then they either get used to it, or eat the cord. The cheap'o traps work best (use peanut butter not cheese), the sticky traps also work but IMO less humane than snapping their neck in half a second. The advise about putting traps along base boards was excellent, that is where they travel. The rats/mice got so bad they would just stare at me from the garage rafters and not even run! After killing 30+ with traps, we started using the Fox ***** quarterly and I haven't seen a rodent in the last 3 years.

Chuck's advise is also good, I left a couple dead ones in traps just to let their friends know what's coming! If you choose poison make sure it's 'first kill' and doesn't kill the hawk/owl that eats the sick mouse running from your garage. Don't ever think there is only one, they travel in groups and breed like a SOB!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave