not sure?? 2004 srt/10 rebuilt title??

streetserpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello..i have a backup 2004 viper srt/10 roadster convertible..the car has 17,600 actual miles but has a rebuilt title..It was a total repaint but looks flawless and was done professionally. I just put 4 brand new ps2 tires on it and was wondering if 40,000 is asking too much for the car? any thoughts? am i day dreaming with the price? i have another one, but it is not the new body style....any ideas? thanks

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds a little high. But you never can tell. and it depends on how much damage was involved along with pics and docs.
I'm thinking more like mid to low 30ties. JMOP. I bought a 04 in may with 800 miles on it for 47k. But that's a little different. Some people told me it was high, some told me it was a steal.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds a lot high. Clean title cars can be had for similar money. A salvage title car should be significantly less than a clean title car, I would value it at 30ish.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm by no means an expert, but 40k does seem a bit high. If the rebuild is well documented, I would probably say 32-34k would be a reasonable price.

I've been looking for a long time, and a clean title 04 with similar miles can be had for 40-42k.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree low 30's is about right. Just put it on ebay with a well written ad and killer pics for $1 no reserve and thats your market right there. Its the way I sell most of my cars and they always seem to bring more than I thought they would.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Too much at $40k. No more than $34k because it has a salvage title. Regardless of the paint and workmanship in the repair, it should not be priced the same as a clean titled car with the same mileage.

1buddyc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any vehicle with a Salvage Title is worth 25%-35% less than a similar vehicle that has a clean title. Plus, your Buyer will have to come up with all the $$ or get really creative financing since most Banks wont loan $$ on a vehicle without a clear legit title. JMO..

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Texas dealer trade in/auction on a 2004 srt-10 with the salvage/rebuilt title is 18,500 your best bet is finding someone with $$ for sure.

tomob1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how about a 2004 srt10 with a clean title and 50K miles in blue book excellent condition. what's that worth?

OP
OP
S

streetserpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok...fair enough! thanks for the input! now i better re-crunch my numbers! and yes, to cubican..i will buy every new bodystyle viper for $20,000 with salvage /rebuilt title! if you come across any of them...lemme know and i will wire the funds....and i'll ship a whole truckload of them back to Michigan!! i can sell the car for parts for more money than that!! I also did a search on manheim and the post sales along with upcoming sales around the country, and they are going anywhere from 30,000 to 38,000 with salvage.. .....just found that out!! thanks everyone for your input!! hope to see you all soon...and cubican, if you DO come across any for 18,500..please do not hesitate to contact me..i will drop everything to come get as many as you can scoop up!! thanks again! so i will drop my price of 40k to 33?? i think that is fair...considering it has 17k miles i guess?? but we will see

Last edited:

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way any gen 3, salvaged or not, is worth only 18.5k, unless it is in several pieces maybe.

$33k sounds very fair, and if the repair's are good I would not hesitate to buy one at that price!

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reality chek, a year ago I got my car for 29.000 its an 03 with 10k cash deal good title at auction. Buying a car with a salvage tile is NEVER A GOOD DEAL unless your planning to keep it for a long long time. The 18.5 is spot on for a salvage viper , cost way to much to fix any viper to make the # work. Good luck on your sale.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will agree that @ auction that's probably spot on, but private party that's not even close.

29k with clean title is a damn good deal, but one good deal doesn't set the market prices.

I also have to disagree that it's hard getting financing on a salvage vehicle. Most credit unions have no problem lending, they will just usually only go up to 50-75% the average retail price on salvage vehicle.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again in this thread there is a BIG misunderstanding about the difference between salvage title and rebuilt title.

Yes, salvage title cars are difficult to find finacing and no need for insurance since you can not legaly drive them. However, rebuild the car and have it re-titled as rebuilt or previous salvage and you will have no trouble finacing (depending on your credit) and insurance companies will treat it the same as any other car.

Buying a car with a salvage tile is NEVER A GOOD DEAL unless your planning to keep it for a long long time
Wrong

The 18.5 is spot on for a salvage viper , cost way to much to fix any viper to make the # work.
Wrong again

Can't remember seeing any salvage vipers selling for that kind of money unless they were an unrecognizable pile.

About 20% off clear title price is a good rule of thumb for a good REBUILT car. However, stay away from flood vehicles as those problems can never be totally fixed.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again in this thread there is a BIG misunderstanding about the difference between salvage title and rebuilt title.

Yes, salvage title cars are difficult to find finacing and no need for insurance since you can not legaly drive them. However, rebuild the car and have it re-titled as rebuilt or previous salvage and you will have no trouble finacing (depending on your credit) and insurance companies will treat it the same as any other car.

Wrong

Wrong again

Can't remember seeing any salvage vipers selling for that kind of money unless they were an unrecognizable pile.

About 20% off clear title price is a good rule of thumb for a good REBUILT car. However, stay away from flood vehicles as those problems can never be totally fixed.[/QUO

So you have no problem buying a car with a salvage/recond/rebuild title, thats the kind of buyer he needs . A car like that will never see any of my coin the game has change to take a risk on a rebuild car. A car can look perfect but when you look deeper you can end up with an 04 front and a 06 rear.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A car can look perfect but when you look deeper you can end up with an 04 front and a 06 rear.
True. But most parts from '03 t0 '06 are interchangable.

When I was younger I worked at a salvage yard that would take some select cars and rebuild them and sell them in their used car lot. The cars were fixed right and fully disclosed. Buyers got a good car that was repaired right at a reduced rate. But they weren't giving them away either. Like I said, about 20% less than a clear title car.

OP
OP
S

streetserpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!! ok...well my car is a rebuilt title...and everything checks out.....its not a POS put back together pile of junk! I disagree with NOT buying a rebuilt title for half the money...as long as everything checks out...just like i disagree with buying a new car...why would i pay for a new car when i can wait and get it a year later for wayy less...or better yet, i like buying cars with high miles!! miles dont scare me...you could have the same car with half the miles and someone beat that one up and that person paid double of what i did!! its all how it has been taken care of! the untrained eye or someone who doesnt know much might disagree but thats how it works...i bought my wife a 2004 escalade with 197,000 miles...certified 1 owner...its mint...i can only imagine what it wouldve cost with 50,000 miles....why would i do that? same car can be next to me and they are in it for wayyy more...its all how someone interprets it..just like i would never lease a vehicle, cause in the end...u own nothing! 1500 down and 300 a month...after 2 yrs u spent close to 10,000 and nothing to show for it...thats for the show ponies!! those are the wannabes!!.but you know what..for the enthusiast that thinks having a salvage car is for wanna bes ..maybe you should go buy one and then pull up next to me in mine...ill laugh all the way to the bank!! cheers!! and to sell a 2004 gen 3 viper for 18 grand that needs nothing!! not gona happen..like i said..i can part the car out for more than that...doesnt make any sense..and if anyone thinks otherwise, please feel free to contact me and i will buy everyone for $25,000..that would be worth it right?? thats a $7,500 profit right off the bat..but again..it better be nice..ok, thanks to all! ...i would also like to see proof or post sales for that price...assuming it isnt damaged... anywho, good talk and excellent drinking conversation piece....thanks for advice! good or bad!! its all in good fun!

Last edited:

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What the car is worth to you may or may not be what the value of the car is, and the only why to get a true market value is to 1. See what cars like that are selling for or 2. As one poster said, put it on ebay and sit a reserve just to see where it makes it. Its only worth what someone is willing to give you for it.