Cooling problem ? Heater problem ? GEN2

MontrealSoft

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Bought this 2000 RT/10 lately and the AC wouldn't work. Figured out the problem and waiting for the part.

Problem is the heater doesn't work too. Fan is spinning, I get air, but even at full hot position, it's not even warm.

I flushed radiator, unplugged the hoses from the heater area, sent a bit of water pressure in each outlet and hoses, nothing seemed plugged.

Filled it up again with a new mix, ran the car to get the air out, filled the bottle to the top a few times, and it seems great now, but still no heater.

I unplugged the heater hoses again and there doesn't seem to be any air in there.

In some old thread, someone suggested the water pump could be dead, wouldn't the engine overheat if it was really the issue ?
Engine is running between 98'c and 102'c; never really over that.

The valve on the top of the heater seems to move correctly, but I didn't test with a hose flow yet.

Any clue ?

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ON the GEN I/II's the only way to get heat is on the defrost setting. If you are trying to get heat through the vents in the dash it will not happen. A/C only through the vents in the dash.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heat is available on the defrost and floor settings - A/C on the dash vents but I thought also on defrost, not positive on that one. Been a while since I drove in the rain.

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the wire linkage at the heater box under the hood on the passenger side. Make sure is hooked onto it's post that will open and close the water flow valve. Have someone adjust from hot to cold while you look at this conection to be sure it is working properly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth