Young and New 2003 viper owner

willworkforvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just bought my first ever viper its a 2003 srt-10 convertible red with silver stripes will upload pictures eventually. My first question is any tips and advice on general mantience or uprgrades i should do to my viper to keep it running perfect forever and to keep it in mint condition I do drive it and its lots of fun. Any help would be much appriciated and im ready to meet tons of new viper owners and I had fun meeting alot of them at the mopar nationals it seemed like a great turnout. Thanks for any help, Trey Davis.:headbang:

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
congrats on the purchase. You picked a great place to see some vipers. Did you happen to see the TT viper drag car that ran 7.60's?? You'll get lots of good advise here, i'll yield to the experts, anyway check into joining your local VCA chapter, if your from Ohio I hear they have a great club, Enjoy:drive:

Last edited:
OP
OP
willworkforvipers

willworkforvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did see the twin turbo run 7.60's it was ridiculous and im in Kentucky so ill join the chapter here i think it will be tons of fun!

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thats a guy in our local club, Lee Saunders, loves his vipers!!!!! I was talking with him earlier today he was disappointed with his times, said he "lifted" the heads on his later runs, and had to quit for the weekend.

I sent a reply to your PM

Greg

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the VCA dude! :yay:

Was a pleasure meeting you at the Nats! Nice looking car you have, even if it is red! :rolaugh:

If there is ever anything you need, you know where to find me!

Robert

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Great to see you posting, willworkforvipers...snail-mail SHOULD deliver your IN/KY Membership Directory today or tomorrow.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome. As for your question on general maintenance, Search...

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Greatest Car Club on the planet!! Sounds like you prefer the V10 Red Vipers .... Excellent Taste! It sounds like you'd get along well with my friend 'WillFishForFood'

The first thing I did when we purchased ours a year ago was to change 'all' fluids and get new rubber, be safe :2tu: :usa:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
ALWAYS get to know your new car...preferably, on a lift. Buy a 2003 Service Manual. Change ALL fluids unless you can show doccumentation that they have been done RECENTLY (let me know if you need a list of OEM fluids and approved updates..not all dealerships are "up tp speed"). If battery is not "young", change soon so that it doesn't bite you...these babies need a lot of electricity to function, and at low rpm cruising speed, you may still be draining battery. Think about new tires if you have OEM tires on it now. Call me as necessary for VCA maintenance "deals" at a few dealerships (sadly NOT in KY).

By the way...looks like you DO NOT have any outstanding recalls...per the Dodge Self-serve site:

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice...recall&country=us&emailUrl=goToEmailForm('R')

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just bought my first ever viper its a 2003 srt-10 convertible red with silver stripes will upload pictures eventually. My first question is any tips and advice on general mantience or uprgrades i should do to my viper to keep it running perfect forever and to keep it in mint condition I do drive it and its lots of fun. Any help would be much appriciated and im ready to meet tons of new viper owners and I had fun meeting alot of them at the mopar nationals it seemed like a great turnout. Thanks for any help, Trey Davis.

CONGRATS. The best way to answer is to know the MILES on the car, and if anything is not stock. And then how-where you will drive it. "Keeping it in mint condition" means you might want bolt-on mods only.....and there are performance and appearance mods.

Fluids expire fastest...
Tires, especially OE ZPs, expire next.
The wires expire in 15k miles..... plugs too.
Hoses/belt 75K miles

Uncle Fesster will be your best bud.....listen to him.