Vipers looking for revenge at The Ring Today!!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Super cool deal, but dang the suspense is killing me.............is the 7:15 official yet?????

The fact that it destroyed the Vette is what everyone will be talking about , way to go to all involved!!!!!!

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Proud beyond words to be a Viper owner, and to know that Tomball and SRT went back there to get the title back! You guys make the Viper nation proud!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Tomball/BJ Motor's for stepping up to the plate for all of us Viper owner's and leading the way. Your passion for the cars and willingness to walk the walk is obvious and much appreciated. A great asset to the Viper community:usa:

Shooter, well stated! THANK YOU Tomball/BJ Motor's and everyone else involved with undertaking this awesome feat!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

As far as the caged LFA, with 50 cars at $375K to be made..... that reminds me of the CAGED ACR-X, 50 were made. 1/3 the price....

Would that be a fair comparo? In Dodge Viper Cup, the -X is several seconds FASTER than the (new) record-holding ACR. We know a -X is there............ so we "know" it can beat the LF-A time by a few seconds!

Important note: Until the effort is finished (the full trip, last hot lap) I dont think we will see "official" times posted or claimed......why? Becasue if they are faster or slower in the next run, or the next, SRT would only want to publish the fastest overall time, and NOT the preliminary times. The Spy-Sites say that SRT is fast enuf NOW to eclipse the times of the Vette and the Porsche, but what if the spies were timing the -X (for example.) I slept great last night and looked forward to signing on this AM, and tomorrow, to see the latest and fastest. With Maurice there we can anticipate a top-notch insider story to enjoy in the near future.

And George, YES we will be rushing thru some new record decals, and/or time-strips to 'update'. And you can bet a bunch will be made with Viper Exchange . Com graphics! Proud of the SRT-Tomball effort.

PS: At DVC-VIR in July, it was stated at the awards dinner by SRT that 'several mules that you would not recognize as G-5 are running around Detroit and other places with the Gen 5 drivetrain'

PPS: We know ONE guy, the head of SRT is NOT in Germany...he is piloting an ACR in the Targa Newfoundland at this very moment. Thanks Ralph!

http://drivesrt.com/targa-newfoundland/

Last edited:

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SWEET!
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• detroit_muscle_sticker-p217537781422226698qjcl_400.jpg
    detroit_muscle_sticker-p217537781422226698qjcl_400.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 25

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...let's not forget to wish them safe laps, too. These drivers are pushing 10+/10ths, and at that track, with those speeds... pretty frickin' dangerous. And this could be the perfect batch of cars: anyone that wants to compare the LFA to the Viper should take a look at the ACR-X times. And the other ultra-low production cars: Gumperts, etc.

One thing that I think is very impressive: check out the 2012 'Vette Z06, a confirmed 7:22.7. I'll never be a Corvette guy, but that is some SERIOUS Detroit smack.

Can't wait to hear the full story on how this came together... but clearly, BIG thanks to Tomball!

...and I wonder where Maurice and his camera are? Anyone?

rpm9000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About 2 months ago Tomball Dodge invited the Houston VCA to tour their shop and check out their stock of Vipers. We were told then that Tomball Dodge was thinking about trying to take the record back. Although it would be a very expensive undertaking. So I guess this is it!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About 2 months ago Tomball Dodge invited the Houston VCA to tour their shop and check out their stock of Vipers. We were told then that Tomball Dodge was thinking about trying to take the record back. Although it would be a very expensive undertaking. So I guess this is it!

Reclaiming the ring has to help move some cars. Wish I was in a position to take one off their hands...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well they are six hours ahead of us in Germany (EST), so what's done is done by now.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Imported from Detroit". The Viper way. The winning way. The only way. Bravo. Regardless of the outcome, the effort is the stuff great car documentary movies are made of. I hope that they are simultaneously filming one. I think all of us would pay for the DVD. The proceeds from the sale could be donated to The Wounded Warriors charity.The name of the movie could be "Ring Wars - A true Viper Story". It could include footage from the Oreca years, the development of the ACR ( Gen II and IV), the prior Ring record run and this record attempt.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hide the women and children... Axe Murderer at large....:panic::panic::panic::panic:

Hail to the King !

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

nurburgreen.jpg

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobpantax:3000258 said:
"Imported from Detroit". The Viper way. The winning way. The only way. Bravo. Regardless of the outcome, the effort is the stuff great car documentary movies are made of. I hope that they are simultaneously filming one. I think all of us would pay for the DVD. The proceeds from the sale could be donated to The Wounded Warriors charity.The name of the movie could be "Ring Wars - A true Viper Story". It could include footage from the Oreca years, the development of the ACR ( Gen II and IV), the prior Ring record run and this record attempt.

Bob is genius! I'll take 2 of these dvd's... one as a backup for when the first wears thin! :)

CA97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome ! Just the fact that a car that can be bought for $100K right now- can get this close to a car that
almost no one will be able to buy and cost up to $450,000 with the "exclusive" mark -up-
is simply amazing- And of course American ! And in Germany- were they have traditionally looked down
on American cars....

Bravo !

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a thread started in the Corvette Forums/ZR1 discussion about the Viper running for the Ring title.

They quickly moved it to the "Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale" discussion forum.

What a joke. These guys can dish it out but can't take it. :rolaugh:

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Any way to get a blow up of that pic of the green/black ACR taking that corner with the right front wheel almost off the tarmac? I'd love one for the garage and office--Dave

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any way to get a blow up of that pic of the green/black ACR taking that corner with the right front wheel almost off the tarmac? I'd love one for the garage and office--Dave

You can have posters of anything made online with a number of services like this...

http://www.shortrunposters.com/

There are places that can make full wall murals but they're sorta pricey. I was thinking that the green and black would look good on the gold walls in my recently painted but yet to be decorated garage.

Last edited:

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Well that's interesting.

So if the 2012 ZR1, that has had development time at the 'Ring bettered the 2008 ACR by 3 seconds and got promoted as "Smashing the Viper ACR's 'Ring record and "effectively destroying the record..."

How would it read if the 2010 Viper ACR was more than 3 seconds better than the 2012 ZR1?

http://www.torquenews.com/106/2012-zr1-smashes-viper-acr’s-‘ring-record-–-video

There was a thread started in the Corvette Forums/ZR1 discussion about the Viper running for the Ring title.

They quickly moved it to the "Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale" discussion forum.

What a joke. These guys can dish it out but can't take it. :rolaugh:

Any way to get a blow up of that pic of the green/black ACR taking that corner with the right front wheel almost off the tarmac?

Almost? :)

nurburgreen2.jpg

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Think about this.... GM took almost 3 years to hit the ring, and beat 08 ACR by 3 sec.

SRT took about 3 months to try again and better GM by almost 4 sec to take it back. [And with a 2010 not a 2012 ! The only 'upgrade' of ACR from '08 to '10 is 5th gear, and more stable rear aero.]

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon did it beat the caged LFA?

The spy site says the stock ACR at 7:15.6 did not beat the LFA reported 7:14, but I have not seen today's times....
There is NO WAY the -X would not beat the LFA.

PPS this is a coool shot, but has gotta be costing some time?!

nurburgreen.jpg

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John did it beat the caged LFA?

He doesn't know, no one knows at the moment we are all reading the same websites and blogs.
There is no confirmed information there was a second day, this is guess work too.

One observation:
There is a camera attached to the nose of the silver/black ACR and the ACRX but not the SSG.
As a little birdie told me, the black/silver one is going for the record. The SSG is a backup.
Obviously the runs are being taped.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Special thanks to Ben Keating of Tomball Dodge for the effort as mentioned above.

Knowing Ben, they'll succeed!

Best of luck,

Dan

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling the acr beating the record and zr1 is a lock. It's awesome but if it doesnt beat the Lexus, is it a fail (sorta) ? We all know the spin will be that its the fastest American car obviously but would it be a disappointment?

I hope it just beats the Lexus so we don't have to hear about it....

Way to go dodge and tomball !!!

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I actually think the lack of any posted times from today could be a good thing;) maybe an official release?

Good luck guys!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth