can someone look at this pic and tell me if its repairable??

kennewbike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a pic of the engine compartment, and there is a crack over the drivers side front wheel. Is this cracked part, part of the frame? Or is it a "inner wheel-well" that is fixable or replaceable? You can see the large crack just in front of Brake Master Cylinder.
You must be registered for see images attach

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would say no- more time in that than to just replace, isnt that the plastic fenderwell?

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking at this on my phone so it is difficult. Is the hood okay? I can't imagine the type of force it would take to do that if somebody left some tools and then shut the hood... did somebody work on it recently?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its an Inner wheel well which is made of fibreglass, it is riveted to the frame in various places, but what is more of a concern is how and why it broke in the first place? The hood is also fibreglass, so if the hood was in the closed position when the inner fender broke it stands to reason that other parts on the car may be affected ;) I would not bother to repair that fender, just search the salvage dealers to find a replacement :)

OP
OP
K

kennewbike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
yes this is the salvage viper I was speaking to. I went to look at car, and there is NO frame damage. The left side needs control arms to fix the wheels, and I noticed this today. I will assume the wheel came up and hit it?? Here is another pic of the car from that side, so you guys can guess what happened.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was this Viper salvaged due to the damage to hood? Or is there more to it? If the damage is a dented side sill and broken control arms I don't believe that's enough to total the Viper. The front-end looks pushed up leading me to believe there is indeed some sort of frame damage. I hope it works out for you. Keep us posted on your progress. What did happen to this Viper? Lost it and smacked a curb?

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the air box is pushed up, that could be a possible radiator support + parts, check headlight mounting tabs, front clip, etc. Same car as op's post last week, I think this thing will nickel and dime you to death.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the impression you're not very familiar with Vipers, and you really don't want to buy a car that will have some surprises waiting for you. The side shot doesn't look good. If you can flatbed this viper to a shop that knows Vipers, then do it before you buy it. They can check the frame, etc for damage. If you can't have it examined by an independent Viper mechanic, run away from this Viper as fast as you can and keep shopping.

Where are you located?

OP
OP
K

kennewbike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes I verified the frame IS straight. The car got "loose" and went off-road. The car has 10,000 miles on it and the tires are at 80%. Trust me, I am NOT going into this blind, and that is why I am on here, and I also have a very good mechanic buddy who owns a Viper helping me verify all damage. The car was "branded" (they say), because the hood has a crack in it (apparently these hoods are craze expensive), but I intend to just repair it and not replace it. In total, the list I have for complete repair is:

both upper and lower control arms on left side
hood repaired
front bumper re-painted
this crack in wheel-well repaired (this is the part I am unsure how to repair).

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes I verified the frame IS straight. The car got "loose" and went off-road. The car has 10,000 miles on it and the tires are at 80%. Trust me, I am NOT going into this blind, and that is why I am on here, and I also have a very good mechanic buddy who owns a Viper helping me verify all damage. ...

OK, sounds like you have your stuff in order.

Budget for new tires too. The tires may be the reason it left the pavement. I got my Viper last year with 9,000 miles on it and the tires looked perfect. However, the car was almost impossible to control, and new PS2s were installed two weeks after I bought the car (I knew I would have to replace the tires, I just didn't realize how badly it handled with the original tires) The new tires totally transformed how my RT/10 performed. And it no longer had the urge to follow every little rut in the road right into a ditch.

I've seen hoods around the 3,000 to 5,000 range, so not small change, but not 19,000 either. Good hunting!

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say yes but you'll obviously see the repair. A bonding agent like Lord Fusor could easily bond the inner fender. If the price is right I'd say go for it but remember that you'll always have a 'branded' car.

OP
OP
K

kennewbike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For some reason I am not able to post more pics on this link. Every time I go to put up more pics, it only shows the 4 I already had loaded. I think I need to erase these 4 before I can put more up. How do I erase these 4? Sorry for sounding so "new" here. ;)

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it was me, I would start taking that side apart (love these cars) and see if I could replace that rather than try to repair it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave