Looking to sell my 03 SRT quick, what is it worth?

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold on to it. I think prices bottomed out and are on the way up. The only way I would sell mine is to move into a Gen 4 ACR (or a Gen 5) and then I would want more than KBB value, which I think is undervalued compared to what I've seen in the marketplace.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was watching prices, guess asking prices and I thought they weren't much different then 3 years ago. Watched a few sell for more then what they were going for 3 years ago. I don't think they are as low as they had been.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Feeling better reading this thread, makes my 04-1800 mile SRT purchase seem good.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet list and just like i thought. The average one were 37-40k
The obvious problem childs were 30-33k
The low to semi low milage were 42-45k

Still every bit of a 40k car 9 years later

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good info above, but would probably list mine for $45k and see where it went, low miles 13k ( i feel anyways), brand new tires & chrome wheels, corsa exhaust & k&n filters, and clean, it would sit in my garage and rot for $30k

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$30k is a crazy number. I don't care what your reasoning or what "values" you're going off of.
You will not anytime soon, find a clean low mileage (under 100k) Gen 3 for $30k. You can't even find a Gen 2 for 30k, and you're hard pressed to find a nice clean Gen 1 for that.

A gen 3 with low miles but a prior salvage title? Absolutely, 30k sounds fair there.

I don't get why a majority of the people here try to undermine the values of Vipers. It's almost like they get some sick enjoyment out of telling people their cars are worthless. :dunno:

$45k is a bit high, but $36-42 seems about the going price for gen 3's based on colors, miles, etc. I've been watching Viper values for about 3 years now, and if I found a clean no stories Gen 3 for $30k, I would've had one 3 years ago :rolleyes:

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying it can't happen. I've seen Barrett Jackson sell a silver 04 for $57,000. Is it realistic? No. Possible? Absolutely, anything is possible.

Everyone keeps on saying "well I've seen this.." or "I saw this once!"...we aren't talking about extreme highs or extreme lows. YES, you may find someone in the middle of a divorce, losing his business, and going into foreclosure willing to sell his 03 for $30k. Or you may find someone who has a 0 mile, never sat in, still in the wrapper, 03 that someone HAS to have that sells for $60k.

The OP here is asking what a reasonable price to sell his gen 3 at is. Not the lowest or highest you've ever seen one sell for.
A realistic price for a common color, but clean 03/04 would be mid 30's to low 40's. Where in that range depends on how quick you want it gone.

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The OP here is asking what a reasonable price to sell his gen 3 at is. Not the lowest or highest you've ever seen one sell for.
A realistic price for a common color, but clean 03/04 would be mid 30's to low 40's. Where in that range depends on how quick you want it gone.

Exactly, a reasonable number, not $30K! I love my viper and don't want to sell it, screw work, I have a viper :)

But anyways, I know I will not get $40k, but I will list it around 38k on cars and autotrader in the next couple of days, and hopefully make a deal towards the end of November. Would like to buy a Gallardo as the new DD, but will without a doubt get another viper soon after, most likely not a gen 3 but I will get a viper because imo they are the best american made car second to Saleen S7 :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235