Looking to sell my 03 SRT quick, what is it worth?

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A business opportunity has been around me for the past month, and it just has gotten to be such a good deal that I can barely pass it up. To invest in it I would need to sell my viper :( what is a number I can except for my viper on a short sale? Its an 03 silver srt10 with 35k, I bought it with 24k a few months ago, clean title, clean carfax, no paintwork except for hood (black custom paint), has the 3m around mirrors and other parts, but front bumper and hood have a few small rock chips from all my highway driving.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

jsarker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would list it around $40K, and hope to get $37K plus. Check AutoTrader in your area and see what other cars are going for. In my case, there are very few listed in my area at the moment, which may make it easier for a sale. Then again, there are fewer potential buyers out there now (at least in the Northern states) since winter is just around the corner.

Good luck.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is going on with the hood? Short sale is going to be 30 or under. Cars are cycling on Ebay for a few weeks with fewer miles that are listed in the mid 30's, most of those being dealer cars who have less in them.

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will neverrr let it go for $30k! After giving it a wash right now, I don't even want to sell it, but I am going to post up a classified ad. And nothing is wrong with the hood, the previous owner just customized it a bit.

You must be registered for see images attach

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure you don't regret it. Business opportunities are easy to find, make sure it is a Good or Great opportunity to make some $$$ otherwise you will wish you had your car back.

Good Luck

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
30 is ridiculously low. If you want a fast sale I would say 36. If you aren't in a hurry, it would probably list around 38k.

I've never seen a clean gen 3 for 30 or under.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
30 is ridiculously low. If you want a fast sale I would say 36. If you aren't in a hurry, it would probably list around 38k.

I've never seen a clean gen 3 for 30 or under.

Yea, what he said, I think that's right on the mark too.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is what quick means to me. Ask Bernie or Woodhouse what they would give you for it. Sure it is worth more than what selling quickly will bring, but how long do you want to wait is the question. I have a suspicion the market will be flooded with Gen 3 and 4 cars when the Gen 5 is released, so you might make that your time frame for selling??? I'd let her go before everyone else decides to and pushes the market down even further.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a friend looking to buy his first Viper and a 2003 would be perfect.

I saw in previous posts you mentioned the clutch needed to be replaced, has that been done?

Thanks and good luck on your new business venture!

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses everyone, I love my viper and I rather keep it than lose a lot on it. I will post it for $39kobo tomorrow but will not be in a big rush to sell. And my mechanic took off the cover and checked the clutch. (Or something like that), roughly 30% left.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
30k for a gen3? lololololololololo

quick sale would be 35k

37.5 is a bargain

40 is realistic.

Had a guy make a solid offer of 38K on my gen3 after just one week of being listed when the car was 35k miles back in 2010 when the market was softer. I declined that. Now I wouldnt take a dime under 40k as the market on vipers has went up. 35k for a clean no stories gen3 is a STEAL. That would be your quick sale price. 30k or lower would scare allot of potential 35k buyers away because the first thing that would pop into my head when I see a gen3 for sale for 34k or less is that its got issues or stories and just stay away from it

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never had a loan and never will, my plates say "CSH TLKS" can't go against that ;P but thanks for the suggestion

I listed it for $39k obo on the classifieds, am pretty negotiable is anyone is interested!

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do know that is not a stock hood right? You mentioned custom paint but the hood is also not stock.

Also, didn't you just buy this car about a week ago, after you sold your salvage title car?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A business opportunity has been around me for the past month, and it just has gotten to be such a good deal that I can barely pass it up. To invest in it I would need to sell my viper :( what is a number I can except for my viper on a short sale? Its an 03 silver srt10 with 35k, I bought it with 24k a few months ago, clean title, clean carfax, no paintwork except for hood (black custom paint), has the 3m around mirrors and other parts, but front bumper and hood have a few small rock chips from all my highway driving.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Also from your previous posts, did you get the airbag light to go off? and is the parking brake fixed?

Leojmcca

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is what quick means to me. Ask Bernie or Woodhouse what they would give you for it.

TomBall has a triple black with 25K miles with a buy it now for $37,900 on ebay, there's also one with 51K miles with a buy it now for $33,999. So based on these two it would look like you would be in the middle at $35K. But since your looking to sell it quick, I'd say $33K will make someone jump and take the risk.

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar steve I bought the car in June, the airbag light was fixed, along with the power steering line that had a leak both were repaired thousands of mile ago. I have almost made 10k on the car...

Not selling quickly anymore, willing to negotiate, but 33k isn't close to what it will take to own my viper. I love it and I relized it is not worth me selling something that makes me so happy for a buisness which is already going well for me.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not selling quickly anymore, willing to negotiate, but 33k isn't close to what it will take to own my viper. I love it and I relized it is not worth me selling something that makes me so happy for a buisness which is already going well for me.
Good for you. I think a dealership would buy it from you for low 30s. To me, that means there is some profit to be made for for them from that point.

Quick sale 35 - 37. Realistic price 38 - low 40s

Prices have gone up recently but, winter is close and thats not a good season to try to sell a car like this.

WOW! You put 10k miles on it in a few months!! Impressive. I only managed 10k in about 2 years and I drive it whenever I can.

rthorley

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there was an 04 with 12K miles clean title one owner listed for 35K sold for lower here

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are comparing rock bottom giveaway prices (historical) to normal market selling prices. When trying to figure out a quick sale, you don't seek to beat the lowballer record price, you simply price it near the bottom of the market price. Just like the guy that recently gave away his newer ACR for $70K, that doesn't mean others need to do so in order to sell them. That was just his price, not market price.

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember you buying this car a few months back. Pretty sure you stole the car for low 30's.......

I bought the car for $19000 + my 2008 CTS-4 with 40k... total value close to $42k

Plus when I bought it the e-brake didn't work, power steering had a leak, needed a new battery, and airbag lite, all repaired.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, id say you overpaid IMO, but I would off the Caddy for a Viper anytime. Clean 03 SRT with no issues is about mid-high 30's. Keep the car anyways!

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a nice car man, You really should just keep the 03 cause if your like me you will just end up spending more money to upgrade to an even newer model in the near future. Every time I sell one of my vipers to do "other" things with the money I dont make it more than 2 months and Im back in a viper and its cost me more money every time. Good luck either way:2tu:

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TomBall has a triple black with 25K miles with a buy it now for $37,900 on ebay, there's also one with 51K miles with a buy it now for $33,999. So based on these two it would look like you would be in the middle at $35K. But since your looking to sell it quick, I'd say $33K will make someone jump and take the risk.

What he said. If it was an 05 maybe you could get upper $30ks but I don't see you getting over $36k for it. There are way too many available.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
30k for a gen3? lololololololololo

quick sale would be 35k

37.5 is a bargain

40 is realistic.

Had a guy make a solid offer of 38K on my gen3 after just one week of being listed when the car was 35k miles back in 2010 when the market was softer. I declined that. Now I wouldnt take a dime under 40k as the market on vipers has went up. 35k for a clean no stories gen3 is a STEAL. That would be your quick sale price. 30k or lower would scare allot of potential 35k buyers away because the first thing that would pop into my head when I see a gen3 for sale for 34k or less is that its got issues or stories and just stay away from it

You live on an island, at least judging from the last street race I watched (congrats for winning and not degrading your interior btw). The market in the CONUS is far different from your situation, where one can get high retail US value on a car that has been hit multiple times. Quick sale here is what has drawn the low price range. It sounds like the seller is flexible, and the car will ultimately bring what he thinks it is worth. Just as NB pointed out, quick is being at the lower end of what is currently for sale, and as BMW mentioned, if you aren't sure of selling, you never can seem to find a deal when you are ready to buy again. Some will like the hood and the Regency van fade and will see it as an upgrade. There is a butt for every seat. Good luck with your sale.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not selling mine... The kbb on a 03 is 37-43k... It is a 40k car all day.. I can you get for 35k sometimes... Sure... I was close to dropping 85k on a few

As far as dealerships go its common practice to screw someone and give me 30k fora 03 snake and make a quick sale a week later at 37k... 04 gallardos I saw.. Most were 90 to 110k.. But but ifound some in the 80s.... Mean all 03 viper are 35k or 04 gallardos are 85k.. HELL no. Most owners wouldn't budget at that price.

I know intexas or cali a 03 snake can be had for 36k no problem... I got my 03 from cali back in 2007 for 51k back when all the other 03s ilooked at in other states were 55k plus. Doesn't mean the other 48 states are low ball prices like that

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thinking of selling mine. But hopefully with the lower miles i have (13k) and brand new tires & black chrome rims and a few other things that i could get alittle more then that. But guess we'll see, if it sells it sells if not i drive it next year.