We need a dyno day

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been wanting to dyno my car just for curiosities sake. I know back in the day RSI had a dyno day for the VCA but I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in getting together and doing something like this. Maybe at a discounted rate or however we could figure it out. I would be willing to drive up to hennessey performance or wherever to try it out. What do you guys think?

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Why go to Hennessey. Maybe the Houston VCA could talk to LMR. Steven's a decent guy.

OP
OP
W

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah I don't really care where we could go personally anything would work.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LMR would be good, I think they have done one in the 1960 area before as well.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I used to live 2 minutes from LMR there bud, been there many times, even when it was RSI.

Well la-di-da. Arn't you the man of the world.......

:D:D:D:D
You know I'm messing with ya right.
Now that Andy is a big star-let in the VCA mag he just tells me to shut up so I can't mess with him any more:)

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you guys are interested in a Dyno day let me know and I'll set one up for the entire club to be invited to. If you have a preference on which shop I'll make it happen or I'll talk to multiple and find out who might be the best host. Let me know.

OP
OP
W

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you guys are interested in a Dyno day let me know and I'll set one up for the entire club to be invited to. If you have a preference on which shop I'll make it happen or I'll talk to multiple and find out who might be the best host. Let me know.
I'm pretty sure a decent amount of us would be interested..I know I am for sure and I'm pretty sure a few guys from down south would go as well.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am actually working with two people right now trying to find available dates (so I'll have two to three dates to choose from then we will lock based off of consensus) and also price per car. Will update soon

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I am actually working with two people right now trying to find available dates (so I'll have two to three dates to choose from then we will lock based off of consensus) and also price per car. Will update soon

Perhaps this could be a club thing Tim. I would like to see some (local) return's on my VCA dues. Last club run my wife and I did was put on by Kurt (San Antonio). Anything else has been with a small 2-4 car group that consists of us calling around to the usual suspects and saying "who wants to go for a drive this weekend".

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps this could be a club thing Tim. I would like to see some (local) return's on my VCA dues. Last club run my wife and I did was put on by Kurt (San Antonio). Anything else has been with a small 2-4 car group that consists of us calling around to the usual suspects and saying "who wants to go for a drive this weekend".

Hell you guys are always welcome on our runs. If you want I can get a dyno day put together here, give you guys to stretch the legs of them cars a bite, then we can all do some hill country cruising after? Maybe mix it in with a Thanksgiving drive?

If I organize it will they come?

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well you asked and you shall receive... November 19th you will have your dyno day, that is if you don't mind joining us Central Texas guys...

ART is starting up 'Dyno Wars' and I have reserved 16 spots for the VCA. The event on the 19th will be limited to 50 cars, but instead of just seeing Vipers on teh rollers, there will be Ford GT TT, Supra, Vette, etc.... makes for a much more exciting time. Hell I may even bring the truck out and lean it out from 9.7:1! Come on out!

You can sign up here ART DYNO WARS

Last edited:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Well you asked and you shall receive... November 19th you will have your dyno day, that is if you don't mind joining us Central Texas guys...

ART is starting up 'Dyno Wars' and I have reserved 16 spots for the VCA. The event on the 19th will be limited to 50 cars, but instead of just seeing Vipers on teh rollers, there will be Ford GT TT, Supra, Vette, etc.... makes for a much more exciting time. Hell I may even bring the truck out and lean it out from 9.7:1! Come on out!

Thank you Kurt. I, unfortunately have to work those dates, but hopefully some of the others here will take you up on your offer.