Video link for the 'Ring record is on VCA Home page.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why does it look like there is no radio in the car. I thought that the acr that beat the record was not the ********* package and had a radio.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. Very nice vid. The Vipers just looked like three bullies entering the playground to take everyones lunch money in the beginning. Those shots of the three in slow mo raised the hair on my neck. Would love to see the telemetry for the mph/rpm/gear. Again congrats to all involved.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that takes some balls! With all that feedback on the wheel, and then running wide open in 5th down the straight and into the little corner. I don;t give a damn how little the corner is, I would pucker up thinking about turning the wheel at all at that speed!

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the link ViperJon. The article states that the car had radio, yet the video clearly shows that this was a ******** (sans radio) version running at the ring. Either way, great achievement.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The man of the hour...:2tu:

You must be registered for see images attach

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great Interview Mike...............I had forgotten the GTS-R record that still stands.

"Green Heaven" indeed...........

Thank YOu

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that C&V! Mike Gave cred to the Viper Nation :2tu: How awesome is that????

Brian Kelly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic achievement & awesome driving - congratulations to the entire team.
A great record for a great American car.
Sounds like 2012 may be the year for the Viper to see "how low can you go" and enter the 6:xx zone!!
Curious to know if the downforce numbers are calculated from the velocity or via some type of strain gauge.
Thanks for sharing.

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the comment section at automobile.com. I think this sums it up best.

"The point of breaking this record and promoting the vehicle is to show just how good the Viper is, that, even though it is currently out of production, it can still beat the best efforts of manufacturers that are still spending countless hours perfecting higher dollar machines with more technology. The simple fact that Dodge’s previous generation car can beat anyone’s current supercar effort is something to be applauded. This only means the next generation Viper will be better – putting the world on notice. To me Dodge is saying “If you think 7:12 is good, wait for the next generation Viper.”

I'll break it down for the folks at GM/Corvette and Toyota/Lexus:

"The more you overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."Scotty- Starship Enterprise :rolaugh:

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job SRT, Tomball etc. Why now? Can any eagle eyed viewer see if the tires on the ACR X are slicks or Super Sports? If they are Super Sports, we may have had the Gen 5 set the new ring record, disguised in an ACR X body.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are Michelin slicks. Full cage in the car and other tidbits of x. I doubt Gen V but remember the x had 640 HP anyway. Guess time will tell but my money is on it being a real X and not a Gen V in x clothing.

Great job SRT, Tomball etc. Why now? Can any eagle eyed viewer see if the tires on the ACR X are slicks or Super Sports? If they are Super Sports, we may have had the Gen 5 set the new ring record, disguised in an ACR X body.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A notable accomplishment deserving of praise. I have boots older than the driver. LOL. The whole thing feels like a special ops mission that succeeded. For some reason it also reminds me of the revenge scene near the end of the Godfather and then the final office scene. " Did you kill the Vette record? "Yes" How about the Lexus?" "Yes. Don Gilles" as the door to Ralph's office closes while they start to discuss the Gen V.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driver was so relaxed looking. Didn't look like he broke a sweat. I wonder with a bit more time if they could have gone even faster. Video is awesome, totally.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that driver was really cool blooded. Didn't look like he was straining.

I noticed he likes his belts loose. I'm the opposite, I like to cinch 'em up so I'm glued to the seat. Seems they are never enough to keep you planted.

It's also kinda weird, that at Pflanzgarten, there are no bystanders hanging on to the chain-link fence. There's usually a small crowd there, as it's one of the common viewing areas. But at the speed he was going, it's kinda hard to see. What else is weird, is how controlled the car seemed, going over the bump (or down into the dip, whichever way you wanna say it)at Pflanzgarten. You have to get it slowed down, before turning in, and there is a very short section of pavement to do that, after the car "lands". It's so short, that many high-end sports cars chirp the tires under the hard braking that you have to do there. Cause if you don't get it slowed after it lands, you won't make the next corner. But the ACR just seems to zoom through there like it's no big deal. Which leads me to beleive that the extreme downforce of the ACR is aiding the braking, making the brake torque and contact patch all the more effective, and the downforce also allows a higher entry speed into the next corner, so you don't even have to slow down as much for turn-in as you might, in a non-downforce car.

I think I would have to relearn basic car control, if I was to drive a high-downforce car. It seems to "work" better, the faster you drive it. Like, you gotta drive it fast enough to take maximum advantage of the downforce, and puts you quite a bit up into a higher level, a bigger performance envelope. It must take some big ones to max out an ACR on the Ring.

Last edited:

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Incredible footage and absolutely my new favorite video of the Ring. Props to all involved and it speaks volumes for both the Viper ACR and the Gen 5 to come. Awesome.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Great Interview Mike...............I had forgotten the GTS-R record that still stands.

"Green Heaven" indeed...........

Thank YOu

Probably not what you want to hear but...didn't that team get DQ'd for an oversized gas tank or something?. I remember it was fuel related.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody has to put this run and the 7:22 run side by side in a split screen to see where the ten seconds was found.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not showing the MPH is a great idea. I'm sure they have it but why make it easy for the competition to target where they need to make up time. I watched the ZR1 record run again and my observations were that the ACR doesn't seem to have to work as hard. It sounds like it's always in the power band. The steering feedback and effort of the ACR seems to be about twice that of the vette.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, now that we got the video out of the way.... how about Dodge just post a picture of the new 2013 Viper?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456