Video link for the 'Ring record is on VCA Home page.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will we get to tee an ACR-X video at some point ?

In Short, YES.

"You should be able to get all that and more from the VCA in the not-too-distant future. More camera angles, more data, the ACR-X 7:03 run, interviews, and much more! And you will really like the next VIPER magazine too..." - Y2K5SRT

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Holy cow amazing !!!
In Short, YES.

"You should be able to get all that and more from the VCA in the not-too-distant future. More camera angles, more data, the ACR-X 7:03 run, interviews, and much more! And you will really like the next VIPER magazine too..." - Y2K5SRT

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great video, it's amazing watching a pro at the wheel on that track. One question, it looks like the start line is in a diff location than the finish line...Is that a 'Ring anomaly? Or am I seeing it wrong?

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great video, it's amazing watching a pro at the wheel on that track. One question, it looks like the start line is in a diff location than the finish line...Is that a 'Ring anomaly? Or am I seeing it wrong?

You're seeing it correctly. That was changed a few years ago I believe. Have a look at the vette run earlier this summer ... it's the same way. Good catch though! :D

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is how it is done at the ring in order to stage more cars on the course. You do not want to come up to the finish line at full speed when another car is parked there getting ready to launch.

It is normal and customary to use separate start and finish lines. Since it is the same for everybody, the times are precise and comparable.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interestingly with all the talk of the revised 5th gear in the '10 ACR, Dominik only uses fifth one time on the Gantry/Bridge straightaway and only then for about 10-12 seconds.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was the main reason for the gear change, with the strong head wind in the 08/09 car and the tall 5th it would not pull in 5th so was left to bounce off the rev limiter in 4th. 10-12 seconds at full throttle in 5th with the revised ratio has got to be worth at least a full second I would think, maybe more. By comparison the ZR1 hit 18x mph on this same section. I am sure the ACR was hopefully in the high 160s as I know when I need 5th I am right around the 160 mark.

Interestingly with all the talk of the revised 5th gear in the '10 ACR, Dominik only uses fifth one time on the Gantry/Bridge straightaway and only then for about 10-12 seconds.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that too...and did you notice the accel g's were lame. I'm sure its an improvement, or they wouldn't bother, but 5th gear is a lame gear on these cars unless you are going for a cruise across the desert or just have to go 5th to protect the motor (get off the rev limiter...which is what he did here). I wish they had speed up on the screen. I wonder if he even got another 2 mph with that vaunted 5th gear mod. One thing for sure, it was the driver and maybe the conditions that yielded the better time, not the new 5th gear. I'm just sayin...Now there is also the new wing plates, but I'm finding it hard to believe those made that much of a difference either.

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without comparing them side by side, I seem to recall that Tom Coronel was banging off the rev limiter in 4th on multiple occasions.
And yet in Dominik's run I don't see a single incidence of that except on the straightaway before the one shift to fifth gear.
Interesting.

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dominik seemed really smooth with the car and shifting to me. Much more so than the previous run.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456