NARRA Daytona.... Whose going??

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see 71 cars registered on the NARRA site and I know a couple of them. Whose all going from the VCA. I'll be there running in just the Solo DE class on Sat. & Sun.

DRose

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there driving the Dodge Challenger Pace Car for my favorite racers. I'll bring JonB with our bags of Viper spirit. Look for the tall guy with white hair and the girl who can't stop smiling.

Doris Rose
PartsRack

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I went to Sebring as a spectator and had a ball-- met a lot of great people. Will Daytona be 'wide open" like Sebring was? At Sebring we could enter the paddock area and pits as we wished all at no charge. It was amazing. If Daytona is set up like that I sure may go.---Dave

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I went to Sebring as a spectator and had a ball-- met a lot of great people. Will Daytona be 'wide open" like Sebring was? At Sebring we could enter the paddock area and pits as we wished all at no charge. It was amazing. If Daytona is set up like that I sure may go.---Dave

Should be exactly the same scenario as Sebring, and we were glad to see you there! NARRA might even do the PARADE LAPS at lunch as at other events. Sometimes a track (VIR) has a small 'gate fee' to cover security (VIR was $10) but see narraonline for schedule and details. Hope To See U There !

JonB~~~~:<~

OP
OP
M

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think anything will be different. It's another PBOC/NARRA event.

Anyone know if they are going to be selling armbands for passengers again??

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daytona is a "Bucket List" track. Yes I will be there and hoping to finish out the season with another win or two. The track is amazing especially with all the different types of cars on the track at one time. It's almost like to Rolex 24> Not really but it is still pretty Damn cool. Hope to see more people there again this year.

Steve
USGT#007

Tomball Dodge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is one of the most exciting tracks in the country and one that should not be missed. Steve is correct it is a mini Rolex as we had 89 cars on the grid for the race last year. The Vipers represented well and hopefully will again this year. The closing rate was amazing on some of the slower cars and the beginning of the race pretty intense. This track is hard to get time on and this gives everyone a great opportunity, looking forward to more fun racing. Hope to see you all there.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are 98 Registered on the PBOC website, and since they usually handle their registrations separately, this is going to be a HUGE event!!!!!

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is one of the most exciting tracks in the country and one that should not be missed. Steve is correct it is a mini Rolex as we had 89 cars on the grid for the race last year. The Vipers represented well and hopefully will again this year. The closing rate was amazing on some of the slower cars and the beginning of the race pretty intense. This track is hard to get time on and this gives everyone a great opportunity, looking forward to more fun racing. Hope to see you all there.

I agree it being a "bucket list" track. I raced in the first sanctioned event on the new pavement this January. I was tearing up when the National Anthem was being played and I was all belted in ready to go. Me, this dumb hunky from Youngstown, Ohio getting to do some really neat things in my lfe; who woulda thunk it?

I vacilated on whether I was going to run this race, as it is the "end" of my racing season. But I am getting more and more excited about going. On top of getting to drive on a great track and race against some rerally neat cars, I now get to meet JonB from PartsRack in person! :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have verified that there is NO gate fee for admission to the infield paddock;
There WILL be a Snake Pit parking for a Viper Photo op...
Parade Laps are still under negotiation with the Speedway......undecided.

The only spectator charge would be for a non-racer needing hot-lap-ride credentials, I think that is the $5 armband. I also think NARRA will take a charity donation for a back-seat rider in the Official Pace Car during an actual race start !

PLEASE find JonB and Doris at / near the Official Pace Car and say howdy?

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got an email saying they have 49 Viper registered!!!

I was surprised at that number. I see the NARRA registration site shows 103 entries, so I expected more than 49 Vipers. I understand this is a combined event with PBOC and the number of cars will be 200 ish.

Stan Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great weekend! Now I have the car sorted out after having to install a T-6060 trans at the track. I also know which tires to run in 2012 for maximum performance, looks like NARRA will be a great place to exercise the #92 Viper!

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stan, my wife and I were hoping to stop by and say hi. My wife runs the sister car to yours, Scotty's car (see avatar). I drive #3 in the DVC.