Finally got my lift

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went with a Kwiklift, found one for a good price with all the accessories, this pic was just after I put it together and tested it with my DD, man that is scary going up on ramps, I don't know how i'm going to do it with my Viper lol, I'm pumped! It is a yellow lift, so it is a little slower then the red ones but that is ok with me :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a yellow lift, so it is a little slower then the red ones but that is ok with me :D

I had no idea that color transfered to lifts also .... but it does make perfect sense too me :D Congrats on the new lift, it doesn't look like the low end raises, is it a lift or oversized ramps :dunno:

Mike01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one too. You rotate the black tube 90 deg up and use a floor jack to raise up the lowered end. There is a leg on the underside of reach ramp that get swung down and are the posts for the rear.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes as Mike said, it was easy to get my DD Honda up there but I must say the pucker factor was present, here is another shot with the Honda on it, I'm getting a better jack/stands everything tomorrow before moving it into its place, this was just a preliminary setup to see what I got kinda thing.

ATTACH=CONFIG]16774[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 676A0098.jpg
    676A0098.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 193

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
How high does it lift? How much is it? Any other particulars would be appreciated as I'm in the market--Dave

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave:

www.kwiklift.com

That has all the info on it, it is very comfortable to lie on your back to work, there is lots of room (height), I got this one b/c my garage is a bit small (not ceilings just overall) to get a big 4 poster in there so this was a good alternative as my Dad has a full 2 post lift in his garage if I need it. This was more to do fluid changes/etc. at my house so I didn't have to drive to his.

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh and sorry forgot to mention the cost, if you buy new I think they are wwwwwaaaaayyyyyy overpriced by the time they are shipped to you, but you can find a good used one for about half price give or take, that is what I did. And if you buy it right they will always sell almost immediately for what you paid if you want to get rid of it or upgrade etc.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about those. They would have done me well over the years but my boss let me put a four post in one of his three-car garages so that's the route I went.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tested it with my DD, man that is scary going up on ramps, I don't know how i'm going to do it with my Viper

I would put some plastic poles (some PVC pipe mounted to anchors) sticking up above the fenders on each side on the floor so that you can see exactly that you are centered as you drive up.. I bet that after you do it a few times, you won't need them; but, it would be comforting at first.

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks to be a useless lift.. Can achieve the same with stands and a jack but hope it works for you.

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would put some plastic poles (some PVC pipe mounted to anchors) sticking up above the fenders on each side on the floor so that you can see exactly that you are centered as you drive up.. I bet that after you do it a few times, you won't need them; but, it would be comforting at first.

That is a cool idea!

Looks to be a useless lift.. Can achieve the same with stands and a jack but hope it works for you.

Yeah but it wouldn't look as cool lol :D

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was gonna buy one of these, but the only problem is your on your back at all times. I ended up buying a midrise which gets my car 50" in the air. Best investment I've made, regarding cars. 1400 bucks delivered, I set it up.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$50 Craftsman Creeper. Some people like working on their back. ;)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sure, after running around all four corners twice to get it high enough and level, then after 20 minutes it still isn't as high as the Kwiklift. Also you can get casters for the Kwiklift. Of course casters can be gotten for jackstands too but it'll take a third trip around the car with a jack.

The Kwiklift is a nice tool an serves good purpose for folks with limited space.

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I am going with http://maxjaxusa.com/ still working on a good price, I like the idea of being able to move it our of the way when not using it.
If I can work out a good deal any one else interested?

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maxjax almost as much as a regular lift, always want the fexibility of storing another car under the one on top...I think you buy what you get and will regret not having a full lift after the fact....my $.02

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have the ceiling height for a regular lift and I have access to full lifts but their 3 miles away from my house and I am looking for something to do maintenance. RE: Oil changes tire rotations and to work on motorcycles. and be able to use it inside or outside and store it out of the was in the corner when not in use.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have the ceiling height for a regular lift and I have access to full lifts but their 3 miles away from my house and I am looking for something to do maintenance. RE: Oil changes tire rotations and to work on motorcycles. and be able to use it inside or outside and store it out of the was in the corner when not in use.

Tire rotations???? I am newbie, but please elucidate on how such a task is accomplished with that "lift" ?

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They all have their place and purpose. Every need is different. I'm thinking the full riser will be my ultimate choice... makes sense when I think of the option of another potential car underneath someday.

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can rotate the tires, there is a bridge underneath that slides or you can buy an extra and then you place a bottle jack on those bridges and the car is up off the ramps of the lift, pretty slick if you ask me. Here is a picture, finally got the Viper on it today, I wonder if it would be ok to store it in the up position, that way it would be less suseptable to a mouse if one came in over the winter, hmmmmm :)

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jwolf....how high are your ceilings, find it hard to believe any garage with less than a 9 foot ceiling, put the Viper on top, should be able to put a regular car underneath...my $.02

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My ceiling at 8 foot and the garage door opener is lower than that, but i have no desire to park and car under my viper, that was someone else.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the car sit level when the rear is up on the ramp legs? Looks like it slants towards the rear but could be just the camera angle.

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It slants slightly, not sure why they made it that way, a lot of guys put a board under the back legs, personally I don't care that much, but still wonder why they wouldn't just make them level...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth