Gen2 owners in Houston?

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Bout to make the decision of buying my first viper (gen 2)

Been doing research for a while but before I pull the drain plug on my bank account, I'd like to check out a few Gen 2's here in Houston, but I do not know any gen 2 owners here. Actually I don't personally know ANY viper owners. I know there is a large community of viper owners here.

Any of you guys know anyone or actually are in Houston? Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask.

I'd just like to go over some basics, what to look out for, etc.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try the forums for what to look for (there is a lot of write up on Gen II do's and don'ts) but you are correct. There are a lot of Gen II owners here in the houston area. I am not one of the Gen II guys so I can't help directly. If you need advice on a particular car I am sure I can get you the information you need. Hopefully a knowledgeable Gen II owner will chime in. The last edition of Viper Magazine has information as well specifically on this. I can let you borrow mine if you need but the same info is here on the site. Good luck with the sale and hope to see you on the streets!

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Gen II GTS if I can be of help (along with a gen IV ACR if you would like a comparison). I am in Cypress. I'll be leaving town Sunday morning for a week, I'm not sure what time frame you are looking at. F8LSNK above knows tons about Vipers in general, especially Gen III and IV's, and he is a very nice, modest guy (he knows plenty to help ya if nobody else chimes in).

Tomball Dodge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come by or call or email if I can be of any help. I am in Houston and happy to help. We are located right off of 249 and Spring Cypress. TB Dodge

OP
OP
K

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great feedback! I have heard this 'legend' that viper owners really help each other out and are a a close group, I am starting to believe that!

Been on this website for quite a bit now, just reading and living vicariously through you guys. Read quite a bit of newbie questions that's been posted up with great responses that help folks like me.

To start off with, I live off I10 and Kirkwood (Memorial and Kirkwood) on the west side of town. it's great to see a few folks live in my old neighborhood of 290 NW (used to live in Jersey Village)

I have not actually looked over a Gen 2 up close (weird I know but on purpose cause I could not go through the heartbreak of not having one haha) other than seeing them at shows, events and rolling down the road. I have always wanted one, just never was the time to get one, till now.

If any one of you Houston guys are available this weekend (hou99gts?/F8LSNK?/Houston-Viperites?) I would like to meet up and introduce myself as well as learn a few things in detail bout Gen 2's and look over one. I am thinking of doing this because if I go to a seller straight without being familiar with the physical car, SOMETIMES a seller MIGHT just give you a quick tour to a newbie like me and ask you to sign paperwork (although I am assuming this is very minimal in the viper world). I would be more comfortable talking to non-sellers, looking over a Gen 2, getting familiar with it, then hitting the dealers/private sellers (specially since I might have to fly out to buy one)

I hope you guys catch my drift

Tomball Dodge: thanks a bunch for posting on my thread, you are are awesome! I've heard about your dealership all the way to Dubai (where I worked for a few years) will deffo come and talk to you guys as well :)

Venomiss : got the PM, thanks a bunch as well! Although I prefer to email the Houston VCA as an introduction (which I am assuming is the same email in the "under construction" link) before talking to Tim.

Thanks again guys

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a pretty full day Saturday and leave Sunday morning, but I can squeeze you in Saturday afternoon if needed (but you would need to come out to Cypress).

OP
OP
K

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi hou99gts,

will pm ya my number so we can get in touch, Sat afternoon is perfect (wont take much of your time) and coming out to Cypress is not a problem.

OP
OP
K

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would like to thank Eric (hou99gts) for taking time out of his weekend and bringing his 99 GTS out to help me get familiar with what to look for when I do my soul searching on a Gen 2. Great advise, very helpful and patient with all my questions! Hope to be part of the VCA officially!

P.S. his 99 GTS is just a beast! thanks again :2tu:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Eric is a good guy and It's great he could help you. It's his fault that I'm gonna get a Gen 2 to go with my Gen 4. I would also suggest taking Tomball Dodge up on his offer as Bernie is a great resource for Viper's and Viper knowledge.

It's an affliction...you'll see:)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth