4 post lift put in on Friday....I Love It

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had an Aresco 4 post lift put in my garage on Friday.

IMG_21211.JPG

IMG_2126.JPG

IMG_2127.JPG

IMG_2135.JPG

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! They do make viper ownership a lot easier. The best viper related purchase I've made...just behind purchasing the viper of course. :D

OP
OP
S

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, no I have 9' 8" ceiling and I'm able to get over 6' clearance under my Viper.

The installer in the third picture is 6'4" and is standing under the car.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never heard of this lift brand....any major company makes it ? What kind of prices are they ? It may be an optical illusion but the front left tower of the lift looks like it is leaning in on both first two photos, the backyard buddy uses the same type exposed cable and pulls down, and I think they still say that you have to run it up and down to realign the posts, I just don't like this design because the cable does pull down on smaller posts and seems to bend them into the lifting area...also like the style where the cable is inside the column and not able to catch anything in the cable/pulleys when in operation...some of these models also have the collar that goes up the outside exterior of the column (Backyard Buddy) and can pinch your hand or anything in the lifting area... I think lifts are definitely a learning process, I feel that having aluminum ramps and drip trays is a must for lift ownership ! MY $.02

OP
OP
S

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This company is out of Pontiac MI. The lift was $2000 delivered and installed. It comes with aluminum ramps, jack tray, and wheels. After running the lift up and down a few times, the post did align themselves. The left front post was leaning because the floor pitches downward from the wall. We did have to shim that base.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great in your garage, you'll really apreciate the functionality plus the extra storage. I hope you have the clearance with the garage door clearance to pull in vs. back in.

OP
OP
S

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like backing it in on the lift, but I can also pull in if I wanted to. I just wouldn't be able to raise it as high. You're right about functionality, yesterday I washed the whole under carriage and today I need to replace the clutch slave cylinder.

1buddyc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the exact same lift, wish I had bought it YEARS ago. Makes everything easy to do.
When not in use, I park my Prowler on the Lift and park the Viper underneath.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't have the clearance on mine to pull in straight, OK for the RT/10, but tough backing in a coupe with tinted windows.

You'll really like having a lift and so will your friends! Mike

GViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since were on the subject, what is the best lift as fas as safety, reliability etc?
A post awhile back talked about a company that still makes lifts here in the US.

CA97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow-that is very nice -And affordable Is it required to anchor the feet ?
I have post tension slabs so I can not drill into the concrete.....

OP
OP
S

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This company is out of Pontiac MI. The lift was $2000 delivered and installed. It comes with aluminum ramps, jack tray, and wheels. After running the lift up and down a few times, the post did align themselves. The left front post was leaning because the floor pitches downward from the wall. We did have to shim that base.

I'm sorry, I posted the wrong price....The lift is $2000 without installation. $2400 delivered and installed.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see that you had to raise the garage door and opener to facilitate the car up on the lift, not sure if you or others on this site know about, there are side-mounted openers that you can mount on the wall that doesn't need to be overhead then !! How far do these installers travel ?? Central Ohio ??

OP
OP
S

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow-that is very nice -And affordable Is it required to anchor the feet ?
I have post tension slabs so I can not drill into the concrete.....

No the lift does not need to be bolted down, in fact it comes with wheels that allow you to move it around.

I see that you had to raise the garage door and opener to facilitate the car up on the lift, not sure if you or others on this site know about, there are side-mounted openers that you can mount on the wall that doesn't need to be overhead then !! How far do these installers travel ?? Central Ohio ??

I saw those side mount door openers and if I hadn't just purchased the ceiling mounted one I would have used one of those. Moving the existing door opener was not a problem.

OP
OP
S

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, the EFP7 model? Could you have assembled it yourself?

Mechanically yes, physically no. I have a bad back and can't take the chance of making it worse. I've read a lot of post about lifts and everybody says do it yourself and save some money. It's not a 2 man job unless you do it like my installers did and have all the pieces positioned (with a crane) in the right place on the flat bed. They put the post and cross members up and then slid the main rails off the truck and onto the rails. Personally, I feel more secure putting my Viper on it as well as putting my life under it by having a professional do the job. They also warranty the installation. To me, the $400 delivery and install price was well worth

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That price, $400 I feel equally is a good price, because you need some type of lifting crane to really put it up right, did that price also include the fluid to put in the reservoir ?? Some installers do this as well... good luck...once you have a lift, you will never do without one...

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice. I'm thinking that's a good deal. I'm gonna check out their website. Thanks for the pics and info.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks exactly like my 'Complete Hydraulics' lift. China-made lift with USA hydraulics. VCA special was $1499.00. SHipping was $300.00. Easy DIY assembly (if you have a good back!) with only needing help installing the long ramp sections. I opted for the 220v model.

OP
OP
S

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, the EFP7 model? Could you have assembled it yourself?
Yes it is the EFP7 Model

That price, $400 I feel equally is a good price, because you need some type of lifting crane to really put it up right, did that price also include the fluid to put in the reservoir ?? Some installers do this as well... good luck...once you have a lift, you will never do without one...
Yes the installation was complete with fluid.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As with any lift, whenever moving the bed up or down, ALWAYS watch that the bed is moving level in motion, I have heard stories of one corner hanging up/locking latch not releasing, and the car can even fall off, or slip partially off if you don't watch the movement....good luck, as previous said, once you have a lift, you can't seem to live without one...

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with the Dannmar D7-X. It's a very large lift. 80" vertical clearance underneath and 105" between posts. I figured out I could actually get a new Ford F-150 Raptor under it but just need the $50k for it lol. I have a 20' x38' garage and I park my Xterra underneath with the ramps on. The Xterra is 78" tall with the roof rack. The only thing I would prefer is that it had the diamond plate runways like SFM's instead of the sand paint finish. This is also worth a look for high ceiling and tall vehicles. They go for about $2,500 now. I will probably be getting another one at some point. I'm very happy after about 2 years now. I paid $600 for the guy to pick it up at the dock and set it up.

You must be registered for see images attach

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome v10enomous, I love the car, love the lift, and love your garage. I saw your pictures in the "show us your garaage post. http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/644163-Show-us-your-garage!?highlight=show+garage

Just noticed that you have your Ram truck in your garage and you say it's only 20' deep. I hate the fact that my garage is only 20' deep but it looks like the truck fits in there nicely. I'm sure the The double wide door makes it a lot easier to get in and out with the truck.

I'm shocked that you got the aluminum ramps at the price you paid too. I think GESUSA wanted about $350 for that option. The stock steel ramps weigh a ton.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh