Lance's Console Support Wedge

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These still around anywhere? All of the threads I found were old, and Dave's site forwards to Parts Rack now which doesn't seem to carry them (at least they didn't pop up in a search). I have no problem making my own based on the illustrated upgrade DIY thread, but if there is a turn-key solution that's inexpensive I'll just spring for that.

TIA!

1HOTV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These still around anywhere? All of the threads I found were old, and Dave's site forwards to Parts Rack now which doesn't seem to carry them (at least they didn't pop up in a search). I have no problem making my own based on the illustrated upgrade DIY thread, but if there is a turn-key solution that's inexpensive I'll just spring for that.

TIA!
You can contact Lance with a personal message. Go to Southern California site

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon B definitely has them in stock. I got a hold of him. Dude is quick on the draw, man!

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'm fully aware of how to use the search feature.

For those of use that have been around a while, we know that Dave lost a battle to cancer and that his inventory and URL are now owned by Jon B at Parts Rack (type in www.davesbigbrakes.com and see what happens). And if you read my original post, you'd see that I had used the search feature and I'm fully aware of the thread you posted.

I have no problem making my own based on the illustrated upgrade DIY thread, but if there is a turn-key solution that's inexpensive I'll just spring for that.

Thanks for the "help."

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tiff, when you find them, shoot me a PM. I too have "searched" and haven't found them except on Lance's old website.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. We appear to not be in the "know." One day I aspire to have memorized all of the threads on the board and I will then cast the all mighty key board search blow to all those beneath me. It will be a cool thing to behold.

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a great product. fits perfect and gives the console that "solid" feel it is missing. I bought one after an over exhuberant date started a small crack in my console that thankfully didn't bust through the top layer .
It firmed up the plastic and now you can't even tell she damaged it.

And just for the record, there are some things that shouldn't be done in a Viper, even a ******* RT/10!

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And just for the record, there are some things that shouldn't be done in a Viper, even a ******* RT/10!

All contingent of course if the crack left behind is worse than the crack once on it.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for asking this! I was just looking at them on Dave's site 2 days ago. Maybe we can get enough people together to get a group buy or something?

I'm sure I could make something myself, but for time sake I'd rather just buy something and be done with it.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started to get pretty pissed that she busted up my car, once the blood rushed back to my head!

Once the blood leaves the southern most head and travels north, things start coming back in to perspective. Just think, for a $110 bucks, you can now bounce them all day long and still have a healthy console.

Tiff is going to whittle one out, and then I plan on stealing that one, and having him make another one "better" for himself. I am taking one for the greater good. That's what friends are for.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tiff is going to whittle one out, and then I plan on stealing that one, and having him make another one "better" for himself. I am taking one for the greater good. That's what friends are for.

Jon B is going to be out of town for a few days, but he has them and they're $109 + $15 shipping. Since there is a DIY thread on here and I have a bunch of MDF left over from a previous project, I'm going to see if I can't cut my finger(s) off with a jigsaw/router/Dremel/something sharp.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are welcome down here if you want to use the shop. I'll be a good sport (not trooper), and help. Plenty of room to park inside as well. Call Spray and come on.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your console is cracked - mine was pretty bad - I would recommend doing a glass cloth epoxy resin repair on the back side prior to installing the console support. If done right if done It will help hide the crack lines visible from the top and prevent propagation of any existing cracks. You would only know mine once cracked if I told you about it. The console support will not address the cracks. It only supports the console.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If your console is cracked - mine was pretty bad - I would recommend doing a glass cloth epoxy resin repair on the back side prior to installing the console support. If done right if done It will help hide the crack lines visible from the top and prevent propagation of any existing cracks. You would only know mine once cracked if I told you about it. The console support will not address the cracks. It only supports the console.

Good to know...and where would one get this glass cloth epoxy resin, Mr. Dave?

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to know...and where would one get this glass cloth epoxy resin, Mr. Dave?

Urtaint after a solid workout.

Dave sounds pretty fancy. I have several different kinds of epoxy here, but they are strictly two part furniture/bar top epoxies. This just sounds like your standard speaker box type cloth used and instead of glass, you use epoxy. No?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the boat repair type kits from Autozone etc. Comes with resin and hardener and the cloth fabric.

There are 2 key points to a successful repair.

1. The panel must be buffed well before applying the resin and glass matte to get the mold release agents etc off the panel. Either by hand with sandpaper but I used a 3" 120 grit wheel on my right angle grinder. It does not need to be pretty; rough = better adhesion.

2. Apply the resin and cloth with the panel relaxed. After you have everything done - resin applied and distributed - take the sides of the console and tension them toward each other. That will allow the resin to get in the cracks while relaxed, then stretch the top side when you draw the sides together. I used a woodworking bar clamp but adhesive tape would work too. No need to act like the Hulk when doing this. You want to draw it slightly past it's normal shape, which when removed from the car it springs outward even more. Draw it back plus a smidge more.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not buy the Mayhem carbon fiber console? Costs more...but it's at-least real cf.

Gonna buy the whole interior if he ever has one. Meanwhile having a single panel out of many upgraded would remind me of all the Accords I see with a CF hood. It's still a Honda, and in the case of my GTS with a CF console, it's still a stock interior. But with that why didn't you finish it look.

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see them. Is there a link anywhere?

You can look at his web site. The pics are not very good, it looks 100x better in person. I have mine and can take a picture or two. I've never gotten around to putting it in. I had to wait about 6mo to get it but it was worth it, it really is a work of art. Winter is here and it is on the project list along with getting my brakes done.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot Bobby called his site Mayhem. Already reached out to him. Does he have his knee bolsters ready yet?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62