VIRginia International Raceway's ANNUAL HOLIDAY LAPS Friday, November 11, 2011

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/VIRginia-International-Raceway-Holiday-Laps.html?soid=1101750598426&aid=QY-gE5IJFiU

The 2011 Holiday season is approaching just as fast as the cars on our track, which means it's time for VIRginia International Raceway's annual Holiday Laps charity benefit.

Holiday Laps will be held on Friday, November 11th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, with the last group taking the track at 3:30 PM that day. The cost is $25 per session, which will last from 20 to 25 minutes. Donations of $25 in cash, unwrapped toys or non-perishable food items will be accepted. All donations are tax deductible and will benefit the Danville Salvation Army and their Christmas Holiday programs.

VIR will also be happy to make special arrangements for local car clubs or other organizations.

I am game... Anyone else interested? Should we try to get some special consideration for VCA attendance?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randy is a member up there and could probably give the best scoop about this.

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok. I am not sure if I know Randy. Have you talked with him?

I don't even see this posted in the VA section

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far I am planning on heading up there around lunch time (11:30 to noon-ish) on Friday with some coworkers. We need to get at least a half day in at the office..

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone would like to come with and drive up together... we will be leaving between 11:30am-12:00pm on Friday from Raleigh near NCSU. We have an interesting trio of a Porsche Carrera 996 , a BMW M Roadster, and my GTS

RC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I just finally saw the note.

Day late and a dollar short!

I will repeat my offer. If anyone would like to drive vir in the touring lights category (no passing) I would be happy to invite you to a members day and instruct you on driving the course. I instruct for several clubs.

My number is 919 609 9052.

Email is [email protected]

John Slaughter. Please give me a call.