*PICS* Daytona Viper Days (NARRA) Viper Cup

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
FATBOY: Not knowing much about how these events are run, where does the Prize monies come from? DODGE !!! DODGE / SRT is the sponsor of the cash prizes for Dodge Viper Cup Racers and Celeb Charities. Ralph and/or Gary Johnson sign the giant checks....

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ben Keating Nearly Forced Out of Sunday’s Race in Dodge Viper Cup Presented by Pennzoil Ultra, but Still Wins Season ChampionshipOctober 24, 2011 | Tags: Dodge Viper Cup, A.J. Morgan Daytona Beach, Fla., October 23, 2011 – A.J. Morgan, running third entering the second lap of the deciding race of the Dodge Viper Cup championship, made a late-braking move for the front going into turn one at Daytona International Speedway and almost took out championship leader Ben Keating. Morgan banked off the side of Keating’s Dodge Viper ACR-X, turning Keating around and out of the lead.Morgan emerged in first place and was immediately under attack by Kuno Witmer, driving Dave Fiorelli’s #81 car as an impromptu Celebrity Driver. Witmer took advantage of the melee to get by Farnbacher into second. Morgan held the front for a short time, but a cut front tire from the contact with Keating forced Morgan into the pits and out of contention for both the race. Keating also pitted to change a tire, but did not have time to repair his left side exhaust, which was almost completely closed by the contact. He charged back out in pursuit of the championship, sounding more like a jet than an ACR-X.Farnbacher was soon at Witmer‘s back bumper with Craig Stanton right behind, the three closely followed by Jeff Courtney. The race among these four professional drivers was shaping up to be a war, but Farnbacher suddenly exited to the pits with unknown problems after taking a couple of runs at Witmer.Now it was Stanton’s turn and he dogged Witmer for the rest of the race but could not get close enough to make a move. A small misstep could have changed the order, but Witmer did not put a foot wrong. The two pulled away from Courtney who finished two seconds ahead of Dave Fiorelli at the end.Celebrity driver and Mopar-sponsored NHRA Pro Stock racer Allen Johnson finished 12th in his Lux Performance ACR-X. Both he and his teammate Craig Stanton were enthusiastic about the opportunity to drive a Viper. Daytona was Johnson’s second drive in the Dodge Viper Cup Presented by Pennzoil Ultra. Johnson said he is getting better at road racing and enjoys the challenge. Stanton compared the ACR-X favorably to his regular Porsche GT ride.“With the Porsche, you have to make about 13 corrections into the apex—your arms are sawing away at the wheel because its handling is so complicated—but the Viper is smooth and easy to get into the turn and then get back on the power.”After his tire change, Keating charged around the track, making up time and positions as insurance for his title quest. He came up to Morgan on the infield section, and Morgan slowed to give up the position, and then cruised around for the rest of the race. After the finish, he approached Keating and apologized.Keating made it to fifteenth place, but only needed to start the race to claim the championship. He was 58 points ahead of Morgan at the start. A win was worth 60 points, so he just needed four points to clinch. With 18 cars in the race, last place would have paid 6 points and he got 12. Keating’s consistent performance during the season put him in charge for the final race. He was emotional at the championship podium, inviting his entire family and crew to share the ceremony with him. He joins Ryan Schimsk, the 2010 champion, on the Viper Cup perpetual trophy.Results:pos Car # First Laps Total Time Best Time 1 81 Kuno Wittmer 10 20:19.479 1:52.226 2 52 Craig Stanton 10 20:19.901 1:52.411 3 99 Jeff Courtney 10 20:24.046 1:52.548 4 80 Dave Fiorelli 10 20:26.437 1:52.650 5 18 Todd Nelson 10 20:30.237 1:53.139 6 8 Jim Booth 10 20:36.341 1:53.722 7 26 Marc Montour 10 20:49.196 1:55.007 8 84 Kurt Sollberger 10 20:50.797 1:55.015 9 19 Michael von Quilich 10 20:54.140 1:55.229 10 3 David Mazyck 10 20:55.991 1:55.090 11 10 Connie Bogan 10 21:06.376 1:55.961 12 53 Allen Johnson 10 21:11.514 1:56.014 13 90 Brad Gorrondona 10 21:16.354 1:55.905 14 9 Carl Black 9 20:29.623 1:55.778 15 33 Ben Keating 9 21:59.209 1:54.531 16 64 David Decker 9 22:04.839 2:01.309 17 59 A.J. Morgan 9 22:09.132 1:55.016 DNF 32 Dominik Farnbacher 3 7:07.852 1:52.517

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Sledgehammer

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Daytona Viper Days (NARRA) Viper Cup

Hey Randall, Great to see your familiar face at the Daytona Speedway. Thank you for stopping by with your family and posting the cool pictures.
I spoke to Kuno and Dominik at the banquet and they are just nice down to earth young men with a totally fearless demeanor on the track. I missed the awards presentations because I was scheduled to go on the track for my last session of the weekend:( I just hated to have to go on the famous High Banks of the Daytona International Speedway for the 13th 30 minute session of the weekend :drive: I completed about 130 laps in my slightly modified 2004 SRT-10 CV/Coupe :) My butt muscles involuntarily went into auto-pucker mode from about 150 to 165 mph. That’s about 30 MPH slower than Jim Stout does while reading the newspaper :smirk: I got great coaching from Skip Thomas and Jim Stout at ****** run and VIR and now I think I’m hooked. The students at Lincoln Tech did a fine job on the body work and custom paint and airbrushed ACR Snake skin stripe. Just about too nice to drive on the track. I think I had a permanent smile on my face all the way back to Indiana yesterday :D What an awesome experience. Hope we can make the NARRA VIR event at the end of November. Remember to go to www.heroreward.com and check out this great charity to reward our Hero's for their sacrific to keep us safe and allow us to do this cool racing stuff in a safe country.

Cheers,

Mansen

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Daytona Viper Days (NARRA) Viper Cup

Hey Randall, Great to see your familiar face at the Daytona Speedway. Thank you for stopping by with your family and posting the cool pictures.
I spoke to Kuno and Dominik at the banquet and they are just nice down to earth young men with a totally fearless demeanor on the track. I missed the awards presentations because I was scheduled to go on the track for my last session of the weekend:( I just hated to have to go on the famous High Banks of the Daytona International Speedway for the 13th 30 minute session of the weekend :drive: I completed about 130 laps in my slightly modified 2004 SRT-10 CV/Coupe :) My butt muscles involuntarily went into auto-pucker mode from about 150 to 165 mph. That’s about 30 MPH slower than Jim Stout does while reading the newspaper :smirk: I got great coaching from Skip Thomas and Jim Stout at ****** run and VIR and now I think I’m hooked. The students at Lincoln Tech did a fine job on the body work and custom paint and airbrushed ACR Snake skin stripe. Just about too nice to drive on the track. I think I had a permanent smile on my face all the way back to Indiana yesterday :D What an awesome experience. Hope we can make the NARRA VIR event at the end of November. Remember to go to www.heroreward.com and check out this great charity to reward our Hero's for their sacrific to keep us safe and allow us to do this cool racing stuff in a safe country.

Cheers,

Mansen

It was nice to meet you this weekend Mansen. I'm uploading our session together right now on YouTube

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Daytona Viper Days (NARRA) Viper Cup

Cheers,

Mansen

I'm like a bad penny, you just don't know when or where I'll turn up.

Sent you a PM.

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone is interested we have only a few of these left. :)

Viper Club of America Members,

We have a unique opportunity available to us. If you recall on September 14th, 2011 the Dodge Viper reclaimed the "Production Car Lap Record" at the Nurburgring, aka "The Ring" in Germany. To commemorate this historic event, we have commissioned a limited edition banner. Only 25 of these numbered prints will be offered.

I contacted Dominik Farnbacher in Germany and asked him if he would help the VCA out with this venture.

Dominik was very pleased to help us out. At last weekends Viper Cup Race in Daytona, Florida, I met with him and he autographed these banners. Mary Marshall took the picture of Dominik with the record breaking Viper ACR at the Nurburgring in Germany. VCA Ohio member Sam Goldfarb produced the banner and did the artwork.

Each banner is personally autographed by professional race car driver Dominik Farnbacher, the talented young man who drove the Viper ACR to the this record breaking achievement. Dominik is very honored to be a part of the Viper Club of America.

Own a piece of Viper history for your garage or Viper den. Below is a proof of what the banner will look like.

Banner measures roughly 20" X 36" and is suitable for framing.
Personally autographed by Dominik Farnbacher

$150 plus shipping

PLEASE! Only one per VCA member.

Ordering information:

Contact VCA member Janey White
cell 1-330-219-6325
or
email - [email protected]

Payment can be made via Pay Pal or Credit Card

Orders will be filled in the order that they are received. Remember there are only 25 so order NOW!

Regards,

Randall Arnold
President Viper Club of America Ohio Region
[email protected]
937-470-8306 cell

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool wrap on the Pace Car. I think it was mentioned that it was going to be auctioned or raffled after the season. ?

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a couple of nice shirts over the weekend. A polo from US GT 1 Champion Jim Stout and a t-shirt from JonB. Nurburgring t-shirt was signed by Dominik Farnbacher. Very cool.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome collection! The lift under the front end of the #18 matte black SRT is interesting . . . is it available for the common enthusiast?