Header Gains w/Dyno Vid

Big Turkey

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did this a few weeks back but now finally had some time to sit down and make a post about it.

For those of you who missed it, here is my previous thread on the dyno of my stock baseline vs. SCT tune:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/648165-Dyno-tuned-my-06-Coupe

I got some headers that are very similar to the Kooks-style headers, sort of a mid-length design. They are a straight 1 3/4" primaries with a 3" collector and a 2.5" adapter to bolt up to a 2.5" exhaust. Since the stockers are tubular shorties, I was curious to know if you would pick up any power at all since these headers are not much longer. I also went ahead and deleted the cats. Man it is loud and drones like crazy. I will have to try to go to a different muffler system or just put a high flow cat back in the car. At the same time I am curious how much power going from a 2.5" to 3" catback would gain with these little mods.

I had plans to spray the car with a 150 shot but I might just skip that all together and build a TT kit for it!

Here is the dyno graph, compared to the the last time that I tuned it. This shows the gain strictly from installed the headers and connection pipe. It had leaned out the car tremendously so all I did was get the AFR back to normal and left timing alone. I was able to add a degree or two in the midrange and that seemed to help on the torque, but I did not want to get too aggressive with it.

Here is a quick vid I threw together. It has a couple pics of the headers I installed. Since i don't have 15 posts yet it won't let me so just add copy, paste in web address and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1HKLomGyIs

On a side note: Those Woodhouse Engine/Tranny Mounts are badass! Eliminated about 95% of my wheel hop on these stock runflats.

Last edited:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn you just sold me on an SCT tune. You're local as well I might need to swing by! Headers are a work of art also shoot me a pm about them if you don't mind.

Andy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456