4 Post Lift Pictures - Bend Pak

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got around to taking a couple pictures of my new Bend Pak lift. I did a lot of research and decided that Bend Pak was the best combination of quality and price. I got it from Dave Shedlock at Workshop Depot (website by same name). I was not completely satisfied with the initial installation and contacted Dave. Even though most people would not have had any problem with the installation, Dave listened and helped me. He quickly got Jeff Kritzer the Sr. Sales VP at Bend Pak involved to make sure I was satisfied. Both guys were great to work with and at their expense they sent out a different installer and he made the adjustments that were necessary to satisfy me and gave me some basic training on how it works and how to maintain it properly. The new installer was Matt Kersting at Auto Fasteners in O'Fallon, MO. I recommend that anyone who is looking at a 4 post lift to give Bend Pak a try. Here are a couple pictures:

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My garage ceiling is 10 feet exactly. My wife's Challenger fits under it easily. You could take out the drywall and have a carpenter build something similar to ta trey ceiling to give you more height. Had I need it that is what I would have done.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Love your lift--I have 9'-7" ceiling in my garage--do you think it will work? Did you get the castors to move it around? Any other suggestions/options I should consider? Was delivery a hassle? I've heard that you either have to pay for special truck delivery or pick it up at a freight terminal. I live in Sarasota which is a small town--I'm concerned about delivery and installation. Can the assembly/installation be done by a reasonably mechanical person? Thanks for any info you can provide along with any suggestions for obtaining the best price---Dave

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife's Challenger SRT-8 goes under it. Took it out to take pics. Hey, 2whitevipers, I will get to your questions with pleasure. I gotta go right now.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, with I have a kwiklift currently that I just bought, but the more I look at these pics the more I'm thinking about going ahead with a 4 poster (although the kwiklift is great for what it is). I have 10' ceilings, I just bought this b/c it was such a good price, I would just need to raise the track on my door (maybe) and it would fit fine, hmmmmm :D

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love your lift--I have 9'-7" ceiling in my garage--do you think it will work? Did you get the castors to move it around? Any other suggestions/options I should consider? Was delivery a hassle? I've heard that you either have to pay for special truck delivery or pick it up at a freight terminal. I live in Sarasota which is a small town--I'm concerned about delivery and installation. Can the assembly/installation be done by a reasonably mechanical person? Thanks for any info you can provide along with any suggestions for obtaining the best price---Dave

I just had a 4 post lift installed and my garage is 9' 6". I can lift my Viper all the way up and I can stand under the car.
I started a thread about my lift a little over a week ago. I'll try to add a link to it.
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/...y....I-Love-It

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the track raised on my door and put a Liftmaster door opener so I could get rid of the door opener that was blocking the ceiling.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you are storing 2 Vipers it should not be a problem. I store my wife's Challenger under my Viper. When I put her Challenger on the lift I had to stop 12 inches lower than the Viper so I would not hit the ceiling. So, if I had two Vipers to store I could do it with your ceiling height according to my calculation. I bet I could even store the Challenger, but it would be a tight fit (it is a tall car).

You can get casters, I did not because my garage is so narrow--I have a wall between my one-stall and my 2-stall.

Delivery was no hassle as Bend Pak had it delivered to the installer.

I suggest you talk with Dave Shedlock at Workshop Depot about your unique delivery and installation situation. He was easy to talk to and replied quickly to all my e-mail questions.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2whitevipers....Check ou thtis thread I started when I was looking into getting a lift. Lots of good info in here...

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/618164-car-lift-for-my-garage?highlight=car+lift+garage%3F

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George, is it an optical illusion, I dont see any track or the door at all. In that first pic., is the door above the Viper?

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George your lift looks great. I've only had mine for a little over a week and I've already put it to good use. I replaced my clutch slave cylinder, changed the trans fluid, and cleaned the whole undercarriage. This week i will change the oil. You will really enjoy your lift.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George, is it an optical illusion, I dont see any track or the door at all. In that first pic., is the door above the Viper?

We changed the door rails and now they go all the way up to the ceiling. So, on a 10 foot ceiling since the door is about 6 feet (not sure...) when the door goes up it mostly goes straight up and then follows the track only a couple feet along the ceiling thus freeing up space all along the ceiling. The motor is on the front wall. I will take some pictures if you or anyone else wishes. Let me know.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Can't thank you guys enough!!--Do we have a great club or what?? It's so helpful to get info from actual users as well as people who enjoy the same cars as I do. I want the lift to only raise the cars. My garage is under the whole house, because here on an island in Fl. you have to raise the home for flood ins., so I decided to make a great garage. The avitar only shows 1/3 of the garage.--Thanks again--Dave

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't thank you guys enough!!--Do we have a great club or what?? It's so helpful to get info from actual users as well as people who enjoy the same cars as I do. I want the lift to only raise the cars. My garage is under the whole house, because here on an island in Fl. you have to raise the home for flood ins., so I decided to make a great garage. The avitar only shows 1/3 of the garage.--Thanks again--Dave

Man 2white, I shudder to think of that beautiful collection getting flooded :( ... hope it never happens.

George, when you say "we changed the door rails" do you mean you and your wife did it "prior" to getting the lift or the installers actually handle that stuff?

Last edited:

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2whitevipers your garage looks awesome. I would love to see more of it.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
and cleaned the whole undercarriage.

How did you go about that? Mine is filthy when I had it up on the lift and I started with paper towels and APC and that seemed like NOT the way to do it, just curious how you about it, or anyone for that matter :dunno:

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you go about that? Mine is filthy when I had it up on the lift and I started with paper towels and APC and that seemed like NOT the way to do it, just curious how you about it, or anyone for that matter :dunno:

Hey Cfiiman, mine was pretty clean to begin with. Just had some surface road dirt on the frame. I washed what I could with soap and water then wiped it down with a clean rag. The frame and metal undercarrage turned out really nice. I still need to get up into the wheel wells from below and clean some more. I also removed all the front/rear facia bolts and wire brushed and painted them. before I re-installed them I cleaned and polished the bottom of the facias. Much easier to do without the bolts in.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, mine is dirtier so I'm going to just soap it up scrub it with a soft brush and gently hose off ans see where I am.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man 2white, I shudder to think of that beautiful collection getting flooded :( ... hope it never happens.

George, when you say "we changed the door rails" do you mean you and your wife did it "prior" to getting the lift or the installers actually handle that stuff?

We had a local garage door company come over and make the change before the lift was installed. I will try to post a picture when I get a chance.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
George, just curious was it that expensive to have them reset the rails, I'll have to do it if I trade up to a 4 post.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did 2 Liftmaster installs in my 12' high garage. It was $950 each for the opener, rails and installation and an extra remote for each. I did one when I bought the Viper and the other more recently when I refreshed the garage... Thinking ahead...:D

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I did mine prior to the lift being installed. I call and they were able to come out the next day! Worked out great because the lift was getting installed a few days later.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My friend has the same lift as v10enomous' , Dannmar. It can hold my 6000lbs Navigator rock solid too.

You must be registered for see images

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I think I have more garage pics in the "garage" area in the VCA photo section. If not I'll post some. Garage is basically open(3350sq.ft.) except for family (wife) harmony I had to put an elevator/stair area in the middle. I can drive around the elevator/stair area so it's not a big deal except I lost some space. The cars are all insured "agreed" value so if the "big one" comes I'll move what I can and hope for the best. Probably move the 2010 Viper first, then the 2005 Viper, then the Cobra(Superformance) then the Vette. I think my priorities are about right--what do you think?--Dave

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4