Pics with Dominik Farnbacher (Nurburgring record holder)

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday while at Daytona, a group of Viper owners got to meet and hang out with Dominik Farnbacher. He's the driver of the Viper that just set the newest record at the famous track in Germany, putting our car back on top where it belongs. What a great guy. Speaks excellent English and very humble. I was shocked how young he looks. I guessed him at about 19 but he told me he is 27.

He told us he had no idea how well he was running until he was finished and saw his crew jumping up and down celebrating.

He made time to talk to us and answer all of our questions as well as pose for pictures. I got pics of him both before and after he suited up to run. His motor blew during the race but his teammate Ben Keating won the cup for 2011.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ben Keating's car

Here's Ben before the race. Winner of the 2011 Viper Cup

Ron

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn..I have that picture of him leaning on the 'Ring record setting car blown up in my garage how cool would it have been to have him sign it.
Maybe he'll be taking a swing somewhere here in the northeast some day.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, we all got commemorative shirts with the time and track on them and we tried having him sign those but no decent pens around. Bummer!

Hey Matt, why didn't you come to Daytona Dodge before the race?

Ron

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, we all got commemorative shirts with the time and track on them and we tried having him sign those but no decent pens around. Bummer!

Ron

cause I was on track :D

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I'll let you slide THIS TIME but no more excuses. Were you running with Francis? How did the both of you do?

Ron
I was out in the Solo/Instructor class, Francis was in the student group. I just posted some vids in another thread

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ron

Hey Ron, any idea how common folk like me can get a hold of one of the commemorative shirts?
I'm collecting 'Ring memorabilia and that would be a nice addition. Where did they come from?

OP
OP

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, we got them from Jon B. He was driving the pace car and had one for every Viper driver that showed up. You could beg or bribe him. First time I have met him and he was really nice, but he WAS picky about who got one! Limited shirt I guess.

BTW, where did you get the picture?

Ron

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon, we got them from Jon B. He was driving the pace car and had one for every Viper driver that showed up. You could beg or bribe him. First time I have met him and he was really nice, but he WAS picky about who got one! Limited shirt I guess. Ron

Ron, Jon, etc....

We did ship 125 of the black-silver SRT-N'Ring record shirts to the Occupy Daytona NARRA event, and every Viper owner or Viper race driver received one Fri-Sat. Dodge/SRT folks too, but most already had them from Detroit HQ. My picture-posting skills are still the same as they were in 1997..... We had silver paint pens handy because Dominic was very gracious and even delighted to autograph them, inviting owners to "Keating Garage # 3". [Wait til you see Randall-OH signed posters! ] To the extent we had to be a bit picky on SUNDAY.....By 230pm Sunday, when the club arrived via Pace Car ******, we had barely enuf shirts to give each arriving owner one, and not a wide size selection. Some had to settle for other doo-dads...... Several shirt requests for 'absent members' had to be unfilled, sorry. But FL-John Canal got a box-o-doo-dads for the next owner meeting.

Thanks To Ben Keating, Tomball Dodge / Viper Exchange, for hosting Dominic
and putting him in car #32. EVERYONE who met him was genuinely impressed with Dominic "Fahrfegnugen" Farnbacher as we kidded him. {German word means "driving pleasure" or "driving excitement."}

Great Event........the best of the 2011 season for sure....

JonB~~~:<~

OP
OP

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, Jon, etc....

We did ship 125 of the black-silver SRT-N'Ring record shirts to the Occupy Daytona NARRA event, and every Viper owner or Viper race driver received one Fri-Sat. Dodge/SRT folks too, but most already had them from Detroit HQ. My picture-posting skills are still the same as they were in 1997..... We had silver paint pens handy because Dominic was very gracious and even delighted to autograph them, inviting owners to "Keating Garage # 3". [Wait til you see Randall-OH signed posters! ] To the extent we had to be a bit picky on SUNDAY.....By 230pm Sunday, when the club arrived via Pace Car ******, we had barely enuf shirts to give each arriving owner one, and not a wide size selection. Some had to settle for other doo-dads...... Several shirt requests for 'absent members' had to be unfilled, sorry. But FL-John Canal got a box-o-doo-dads for the next owner meeting.

and putting him in car #32. EVERYONE who met him was genuinely impressed with Dominic "Fahrfegnugen" Farnbacher as we kidded him. {German word means "driving pleasure" or "driving excitement."}

Jon,

Thanks for making the Viper club of North/Central Florida feel welcome at the track in Daytona. The shirts are awesome and even though I couldn't find anything to have Dominik sign it, I did get pictures with him. To me that was a bigger thrill. Very humble guy and seemed genuinely surprised by the attention. We had an awesome time. Thanks for the hospitality.

Ron

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, Jon, etc....

Thanks for the shirt JonB! A picture is worth a thousand words.

Below is the information on the VCA/Nurburgring/Farnbacher autographed banners that JonB mentioned above. We have only 7 autographed banners left.

Mary Marshall was a good egg in letting us use the picture she took of Dominik and the Viper.

Dominik is a very nice young man and did this for the VCA out of the goodness of his heart.

I presented Dominik with a 4ft X 8ft and 3ft X 5ft size banners for him to take home to Germany as a THANK YOU for helping us out with this. He about fell over when he saw the 4X8 banner. :omg: He was all smiles. :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Viper Club of America Members,

We have a unique opportunity available to us. If you recall on September 14th, 2011 the Dodge Viper reclaimed the "Production Car Lap Record" at the Nurburgring, aka "The Ring" in Germany. To commemorate this historic event, we have commissioned a limited edition banner. Only 25 of these numbered prints will be offered.

I contacted Dominik Farnbacher in Germany and asked him if he would help the VCA out with this venture.

Dominik was very pleased to help us out. At last weekends Viper Cup Race in Daytona, Florida, I met with him and he autographed these banners. Mary Marshall took the picture of Dominik with the record breaking Viper ACR at the Nurburgring in Germany. VCA Ohio member Sam Goldfarb produced the banner and did the artwork.

Each banner is personally autographed by professional race car driver Dominik Farnbacher, the talented young man who drove the Viper ACR to the this record breaking achievement. Dominik is very honored to be a part of the Viper Club of America.

Own a piece of Viper history for your garage or Viper den. Below is a proof of what the banner will look like.

Banner measures roughly 20" X 36" and is suitable for framing.

Personally autographed by Dominik Farnbacher

$150 plus shipping

PLEASE! Only one per VCA member.

Ordering information:

Contact VCA member Janey White
cell 1-330-219-6325
or
email - [email protected]

Payment can be made via Pay Pal or Credit Card

Orders will be filled in the order that they are received.
Remember there are only 25 so order NOW!

Regards,

Randall Arnold President Viper Club of America Ohio Region
[email protected]
937-470-8306 cell

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn that would have been a dream come true, I would have had him sign my car...
In ten spots!

<----- shirtless

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ViperJon: NARRA has 3 NY-NJ dates in 2012, and VOI is possibly considering an "EASTERN LOCATION" this time.... I would be surprised if Dominic does not visit at least one of these venues............ You could send him your SUN VISOR or the center dash console over the winter