Please post pics of Matte-Flat black Vipers>>>

bigdeep1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was trying to search the VCA forums for pics of Vipers that are painted with a flat/matte finish. I remember seeing a Gen 2 with that paint scheme, but can't find it. Thanks.

OP
OP
B

bigdeep1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahh, there she is! Wow, I should have checked the classifieds sooner. I remember it being there a couple of months back and assumed she may be gone.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She's for sale still :D

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
B

bigdeep1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking to a local friend who saw a mustang painted with the "batmobile paint", or at least that was his description of it. I realized he was referring to the flat/matte black paint that has been surfacing on exotic cars like the lambo. I instantly thought of your gen 2 in the flat black. I told him that I have a great example of a vehicle painted with the "batmobile paint" :D

It has been about 6 months since you have had your car painted, right? How is it holding up? I hear scratches and wear show up easy with the matte finish.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You hear wrong my friend! Paint actually holds up just as good or better. I know a guy that had his H1 Hummer painted and he said it was solid. Beat the hell out of it I guess and took well to sticks and debris hitting the paint etc.

Wear? IDK its about a year old now and looks as good as it was when first done. Its a hell of a lot easier to keep clean then the gloss black thats for sure. I wash it about every 2 weeks instead of 2-4 times per week.

People love the car in person. Haven't herad a negative thing yet. Yeah I get the Batmobile thing a lot so I put a little batman decal on the back for fun :)

Very sinister looking. I love it.

-Tim

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I don't really know what the hell those guys are talking about. Maybe just did primer? IDK weird comments on that forum. Seems those guys just having nothing but problems. Scratching vinyl too? I guess if your taking your car through bushes and the woods all day!

The car is painted Matte Black. Then has a Matte Clear sprayed over. This is a one shot deal with NO mistakes. You have to spray the car, then spray clear with NO wet sanding, and NO buffing. Takes a mildly talented person to do it so its kinda hard to trust even your average painter I would think. The ONLY reason I had mine done was a fellow VCA member here pointed me in the right direction and had nothing but great things to say. Contact your local Harley Davidson dealer and ask for their comments if you want honest opinions other than mine. Its the same as some of their factory bikes.

I guess if you spray bomb your car in the back yard any color it would scratch easy. Or do a poor mans car wash and run out after a rain to wipe the car down with a towel :omg:

Don't take this the wrong way, just speaking from experience here. I love the matte paint and would prefer nothing but it on a black vehicle. Less washing, no buffing, no polishing, no waxing, and not a scratch-ding-or dent on her yet!

-Tim

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Holy crap, that is **** as hell.

Your asking price is pretty amazing too...

If I could sell my Challenger, I'd be all over it...

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap, that is **** as hell.

Your asking price is pretty amazing too...

If I could sell my Challenger, I'd be all over it...

Thanks! Let me know if interested. She goes into storage in a few weeks so won't be going anywhere for ahwile unless shipped.

-Tim